Wexford Forum

Wexford Gaa websites

(Oldest Posts First)

Well lads, I am enjoying the lively and sometimes heated arguments on the hogan stand forum as always. Whether right or wrong, we are all entitled to our opinion and its great to have somewhere to express them and shows the passion thats out there for gaelic games in the county and that is my area of annoyance. As i live outside the county I find myself completely relying on you guys for updates on whats going on in the county. With regard to information and frequency of updates, the wexford gaa website and hs are poor to say the least.
I imagine our hogan stand page is updated externally so that might be some excuse, however there is no excuse for our official website. The main picture of shane roche and paddy byrne hasn't been changed all year (Shane Roche in an outfield jersey!!) Fair enough they are quick to update fixtures but take an age to update results. There is never live score updates or a match report or pictures from club championship matches (If we are serious about being a force in intercounty hurling again, people outside the county would like to see what these guys look like). Our official twitter feed seems to hibernate for most senior club games, certaintly for midweek ones.
There are countless other areas where the website could be improved upon, I'm sure there are plenty of more imaginative and creative people than me out there that would have plenty more ideas? Maybe members of the public submitting match reports and team photos?

I don't want to sound to critical as i think the current administration are doing outstanding work. What Diarmuid Devereux and his team have done in a short space of time is amazing. But come on lads, time to up your game with regards to IT and social media. I logged on this morning to see what the story is with the last round of senior club fixtures due to the u.21 final and nothing.....?
There are a lot of passionate supporters out there like myself who get excited when the club championship gets to this stage, we just want to know whats going on!!!
Anyway rant over, best of luck to our U.21s and all club teams that are chasing glory. Loch Garman abu.

snakeball (Wexford) - Posts: 7 - 26/08/2014 09:54:22    1642090

Link

I usually go onto the Wexford GAA Facebook page... they seem to keep it more up to date than the official Wexford GAA website. I think you will get most of the info you looking for on it...

Wexygirl (Wexford) - Posts: 4 - 02/09/2014 18:27:49    1647098

Link