(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post
|
Presumably because the perception of some on here is that arguments/debates are strengthened or won by the number of posters who support or like a particular side of a debate. Often you see a poster using perceived support for their opinion as a sign that the other poster with an opposing view is out of touch, when the reality is that there is only two people having the discussion the whole time."]Is that something that bothers you? In my experience the more people agree with something the less likely it is to be correct."]" Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong." Oscar Wilde"]I didn't actually know that quote and incidentally he's a relation of mine. Doylerwex (Wexford) - Posts: 4683 - 13/09/2026 08:29:09 2693655 Link 0 |
|
Presumably because the perception of some on here is that arguments/debates are strengthened or won by the number of posters who support or like a particular side of a debate. Often you see a poster using perceived support for their opinion as a sign that the other poster with an opposing view is out of touch, when the reality is that there is only two people having the discussion the whole time."]Is that something that bothers you? In my experience the more people agree with something the less likely it is to be correct."]" Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong." Oscar Wilde"]Who pioneered the art of Anonymous posting and why, is the processes convincing or misleading or other, when in fact we don't know anything at all about the poster as in zero, does some posters real personality come through in their posts. it maybe a little bit incorrect when you say, the more people agree with something the less likely it is to be correct, quiet the opposite I think like, the more people disagree with something the more likely it is to be correct. After all his opinion is just his opinion. supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 3431 - 25/09/2026 10:29:52 2694968 Link 0 |
|
Presumably because the perception of some on here is that arguments/debates are strengthened or won by the number of posters who support or like a particular side of a debate. Often you see a poster using perceived support for their opinion as a sign that the other poster with an opposing view is out of touch, when the reality is that there is only two people having the discussion the whole time."]Is that something that bothers you? In my experience the more people agree with something the less likely it is to be correct."]" Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong." Oscar Wilde"]Who pioneered the art of Anonymous posting and why, is the processes convincing or misleading or other, when in fact we don't know anything at all about the poster as in zero, does some posters real personality come through in their posts. it maybe a little bit incorrect when you say, the more people agree with something the less likely it is to be correct, quiet the opposite I think like, the more people disagree with something the more likely it is to be correct. After all his opinion is just his opinion."]What a bizzare post. Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2501 - 25/09/2026 12:33:17 2694991 Link 2 |
|
Manchester City found guilty of 114 of the possible 115 charges ColmFlaherty (Galway) - Posts: 251 - 26/09/2026 10:43:08 2695093 Link 0 |
|
Absolute joke if they don't get relegated to AT LEAST the Championship
eoghan6688 (Galway) - Posts: 173 - 27/09/2026 20:03:49 2695228 Link 2 |
|
Non League more like it.
Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2501 - 28/09/2026 08:07:46 2695257 Link 0 |
|
Despite the disappointment of giving up a two goal lead, I thought it was a very refreshing performance for 70 odd minutes by Ireland last night. We all know the off-the-field events have dominated the lead-up. I think the players deserve some credit for the way they have performed. Some of the link-up play between Moynan, Parrott and Idah was reminiscent of the good old days of Duff and Keane. Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 10487 - 02/10/2026 11:38:07 2695905 Link 0 |
|
I'd have takes that result before hand. Disappointing as it was it was a really solid performance when we're missing a couple of key players as well
Doylerwex (Wexford) - Posts: 4683 - 02/10/2026 13:28:14 2695923 Link 0 |