National Forum

All Things Galway Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To togoutlads:  "That's it in a nutshell. They think good club people around the county aren't aware of their tactics. Our County Board are devoid of ideas and a strategy, and are simply running this once proud footballing county into the ground. A disgrace. Move on - you've had your time and more - please move on."
Our clubs would stand up for their senior players if problems and poor treatment is being reported back. Clubs are the greatest thing about the GAA , we always back our own

PJs belief in his ability as a manager is ridiculous. A legend running a team into the ground. As a player he'd have been the man to lead the players vote against a manager of his standards

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1457 - 15/10/2021 16:26:35    2385771

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "That's it in a nutshell. They think good club people around the county aren't aware of their tactics. Our County Board are devoid of ideas and a strategy, and are simply running this once proud footballing county into the ground. A disgrace. Move on - you've had your time and more - please move on."
I see Johnny Duane has announced his retirement. Great servant. Is this the start of it?

hashtag2017 (Galway) - Posts: 119 - 15/10/2021 17:40:21    2385779

Link

Replying To hashtag2017:  "I see Johnny Duane has announced his retirement. Great servant. Is this the start of it?"
I expect so. There could be others following. Fair play to Duane for his 10 years of service to Galway, a huge commitment. He had been getting more game time and is only just turned 30 I think. Pity to see him go.

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 536 - 16/10/2021 12:22:34    2385817

Link

Cian O'Neill joins Padraic Joyce's Galway set-up as coach https://the42.ie/5578085

Discuss!

Not sure what aspect he has been brought in for. Apart from his coaching background he is a professional in the sports science area and we are certainly lacking in that department so it can only help.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1429 - 18/10/2021 21:24:59    2386170

Link