(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post
|
Its completely deserved. Niall Walsh the only genuine case as far as I know. Owen Gallagher lived in the city when he transferred. Killian Gallagher lived in Oranmore. Heard from a reliable source Johnny Moloney didnt live near Moycullen either. Nevin O'Donnell was an organised transfer. They will probably win Frank Fox this year but surely wont mean much to them. I think Annaghdown will give them a scare this weekend. A huge win against MM could have Moycullen complacent. MM were foolish against a breeze too, I think Annaghdown will make it slow and keep themselves in the game and have the shooters to do damage with a breeze. I think Annaghdowns workrate and high pressing could rattle Nevin too. Kickouts are a weakness. Hoping for an upset. GalwaysFinest (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 05/10/2026 12:45:46 2696255 Link 4 |
|
That post is clearly tongue in cheek. Trying to get a response similar to what you replied with. There are plenty in the county who wouldn't be too happy with it, and some in their own locality as well. They're a strong underage, competing in A at pretty much every grade and with good numbers. WanPintWin (Galway) - Posts: 3093 - 05/10/2026 13:39:07 2696268 Link 0 |
|
any word on eamon fits backroom team SAMFORHILLS9292 (Donegal) - Posts: 16 - 05/10/2026 14:00:17 2696280 Link 0 |
|
Ross Coen will definitely be in Olan Kelly I don't know. Kilcommins is a must, Moycullen quieten himself and Comer and that will be it for Annaghdown. I know Jack Kirrane was in the set up before like Kilcommins but was he given enough or any chances. He had a good year. Glenn Kelly though he does not have the speed. Sweeney will be back. Anyone else come to mind? Probably needs to move a few to pasture as they were getting too comfortable.
Galwayareback (Galway) - Posts: 6 - 05/10/2026 14:16:54 2696285 Link 0 |
|
Looking ahead matches next weekend Salthill v Corofin hard one call prob go salthill by 3 Moycullen v Annaghdown has to be Moycullen 10 Intermediate Oranmore v Caherlistrane again very hard call will go with Oranmore just about Spideal v Menlough I know Menlough beat them in group just think spideal have better forwards so spideal by 4 Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 1180 - 05/10/2026 14:47:46 2696290 Link 1 |
|
Corofin to reach the final I'd agree with the rest of your predictions
Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 4093 - 05/10/2026 18:23:34 2696327 Link 0 |
|
He looks decent. I think continuous injuries caused the problems for him in the rugby
Catchem8 (Galway) - Posts: 6 - 05/10/2026 23:29:44 2696339 Link 0 |
|
I think Spideal. Watched a couple games. Good forwards and backs. O Lee and o congaile make a big impact. Watched corner back o Flaherta man mark strong forwards out of the game. Liam Kelly huge leading the backs. I think they'll do it this year
Catchem8 (Galway) - Posts: 6 - 05/10/2026 23:32:59 2696340 Link 0 |
|
Salthill v Corofin - Salthill by 2 GalwaysFinest (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 06/10/2026 09:12:54 2696351 Link 0 |
|
Maigh Cuilinn have had pretty poor this year at underage football. Their U19's finished in the bottom 2 in the West championship. Their minors finished last. Their U15's played in U15 group 2 but only came 4th, when you consider there was also another U15 group, they probably ranked about 8 overall. They then played Feile B, they won this, the comment they are strong under age is far of the mark. The best underage teams in 2026 are U13, Salthill-Knocknacarra champions, they beat Corofin in the final. U15, Tuam Stars champions, they beat Corofin in the final. Feile A Champions are Claregalway, the beat Oranmore. U17, Corofin North Champions and Micheal Breathnach the West Champions, County final not played yet. U19, Corofin are the North Champions and Oranmore the West Champions, county final not played yet. It is a stretch to say Maigh Cuilinn are strong at A, the results this year don't reflect that claim. GDL (Galway) - Posts: 982 - 06/10/2026 14:23:28 2696411 Link 0 |