Wexford Forum

2014 Hurling Championships

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Group A
Oylegate v Rathgarogue Cushinstown: I wouldn't have expected Oylegate to win the first game and I wouldn't have expected Rarhgarogue Cushinstown to lose either. I'd say Oylegate win this one.
Ballygarrett v Oulart The Ballagh: Oulart were very poor against Shamrocks. Ballygarrett by 5.
Bunclody v Shamrocks: it's possible that Bunclody could be without a win after two rounds. If Shamrocks win this one, they will out themselves forward as serious title contenders.

Group B
Naomh Eanna v Askamore: one of the ties of the round. Naomh Eanna shocked by Blackwater last week need to bounce back but they couldn't have a tougher game than an Askamore team on a high scoring 2-8 in about 10 minutes. I think Askamore will win by 4 to 5 points.
Blackwater v Geraldine O'Hanrahans: Blackwater with an impressive win last week. I expect Geraldine O'Hanrahans to put up a better showing and the game to be closer. Blackwater still should have enough.
Craanford v Duffry: Huge disappointing game from Duffry last week after a solid league campaign. Craanford impressive but I think Duffry will put in a better showing. Craanford but only by 3 points or 4.

unrealchap (Wexford) - Posts: 75 - 16/05/2014 08:59:23    1588362

Link

Rathnure v Shels. Shels win
Oulart v St Martins. Oulart win
St Annes v Adamstown. St Annes win

Rapps v Glynn. Draw
Harriers v Cloughbawn. Cloughbawn win
Ferns v Alley. Draw

fecksakeref (Wexford) - Posts: 111 - 16/05/2014 13:31:50    1588542

Link

Rathnure
Oulart
Anne's
Rapps
Cloughbawn
Ferns

freddy2 (Wexford) - Posts: 215 - 16/05/2014 16:57:32    1588680

Link

any1 inda park tonite????

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 339 - 16/05/2014 21:57:56    1588787

Link

was at annes adamstown match, easy 12 point win for annes. on this showing adamstown certainties for relegation, only managed 6 points and with oulart , martins and rathnure to come it wont get any easier. annes struck at least 20 wides , should have beaten adamstown out the gate. david fogarty , paraic o keeffe and aidan rochford best for annes.

peter147 (Wexford) - Posts: 553 - 18/05/2014 08:56:30    1589124

Link

was at rapps game.mick Regan had a field day.Kevin foley Got a great goal.fanning 2 long range frees were good.scrappy game

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 339 - 18/05/2014 10:00:05    1589141

Link

Was at St Annes v Adamstown & Cloughbawn v Harriers on Sat evening. First game was so one sided it was terrible. The Annes had served it up to Oulart the week before & drove on from there against a very very poor Adamstown side. Adamstown only scored 6 points in an hour with only 1 of them from play and without the likes of PJ Carroll (Australia), Michael Curtis (USA), Vinny Dohney, Shane White, Dave Lawlor, Eoin Cashin (all injured) they do look like favourites for relegation this year. But for the fact that James Breen had a good game at No 6 & St Annes huge wides tally the final scoreline could have been even greater. St Annes were in control in all positions with Rochford, D O'Keefee, Johnny Fogarty, Red Barry & Liam Og McGovern all very impressive. They have good ball winners & with a little bit of work on their finishing they could be "wild card" contenders this year.

Only saw the 1st half of the second game and thought from the outset that The Harriers would be able to overcome Cloughbawn but 3 goals conceded inside 20 minutes proved to be their down fall. A combination of weak defending & poor goal keeping played a hand in 2 out of 3 (although a well struck "21" accounted for the 3rd). Cloughbawn actually only managed to score 6 points for the entire game and this should not be enough to win any senior hurling game i.e. 9 scores. The Harriers have the players on paper to do much better so I am not sure where the problem lies. I'm sure the likes of Chin, Kehoe, Mulligan, Berry, Clarke, Gore, Lambert can do much better but they will need to start delivering results soon to have any chance of progressing. Their young corner forward John Bridges looked lively and also could be one for the future.

God help any Wexford selectors if this is what is available for selection for inter county. Standard was poor overall. Will have to go see some of the "better" teams in the next round as it might be more entertaining.

Buibolg (Wexford) - Posts: 41 - 19/05/2014 11:47:20    1589863

Link

Good win for the Shamrocks over Bunclody yesterday (1-9 to 0-7) in bad conditions.

All square at 0-5 a piece at half time. Bunclody all over the Shamrocks for the first 10 mins of the second half, but put wide after wide after wide. Bunclody should have been out of sight, but after seeing out the storm, Shamrocks struck a goal and never looked back from there.

Think Bunclody only scored 2 points from play and looked pretty poor bar one or two.

jpb (Wexford) - Posts: 132 - 19/05/2014 11:53:42    1589870

Link

Shamrocks are going very well at the moment, someone was saying that Paul Gahan former Buffers Alley great is involved this year.

luvgaa (Wexford) - Posts: 154 - 19/05/2014 20:53:48    1590454

Link

he is our manager...

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 339 - 20/05/2014 09:03:26    1590524

Link

Has anyone a decent match report for the Rathnure-Shels game how did our senior panel members go?

LarOg (Wexford) - Posts: 4 - 20/05/2014 12:32:47    1590682

Link

Intermediate is wide open this year with any club from Oylegate, Shamrocks, HWH Bunclody, Craanford, Askamore, Blackwater and Ballygarrett. With senior looking competitive this year aswell, it could be one of the best championships for the last few years.

unrealchap (Wexford) - Posts: 75 - 23/05/2014 11:22:47    1592237

Link