National Forum

Sligo Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Geevagh won't give up without a dogfight. They would prefer it to be raining and then really roll up the sleeves. Tubber should win but they won't have the stomach for getting down and dirty. The longer the game remains tight the more confident Geevagh will become. They are well used to relegation fights.
Junior B will be tight. Harps have a couple of old experienced heads as do Curry. As Curry had a big win last weekend I think they might win.
Castleconnor it seems were totally relient on Sean Carrabine last week against Harps. If he has an off day is there anyone else to step up to the mark. Tourlestrane top scorer couldn't play last weekend as he was manager for the opposition. He will be back and they blooded an O Hara fella last weekend who could be useful again this weekend. Tourlestrane definitely won't raise the white flag despite their limited panel but I think Castleconnor will win by a few points

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 900 - 15/10/2021 17:07:50    2385778

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Geevagh won't give up without a dogfight. They would prefer it to be raining and then really roll up the sleeves. Tubber should win but they won't have the stomach for getting down and dirty. The longer the game remains tight the more confident Geevagh will become. They are well used to relegation fights.
Junior B will be tight. Harps have a couple of old experienced heads as do Curry. As Curry had a big win last weekend I think they might win.
Castleconnor it seems were totally relient on Sean Carrabine last week against Harps. If he has an off day is there anyone else to step up to the mark. Tourlestrane top scorer couldn't play last weekend as he was manager for the opposition. He will be back and they blooded an O Hara fella last weekend who could be useful again this weekend. Tourlestrane definitely won't raise the white flag despite their limited panel but I think Castleconnor will win by a few points"
Well you were right. Geevagh didn't give up without a fight!

Sligoman1234 (Sligo) - Posts: 110 - 17/10/2021 08:07:26    2385878

Link

Replying To Sligoman1234:  "Well you were right. Geevagh didn't give up without a fight!"
There just wasn't enough rain for Geevagh. I can't see a return to top flight for a long time. A lot of old soldiers on that team. Tourlestrane will be bitterly disappointed to aso get relegated. 6 straight losses in a row isn't what they wanted but it's Junior for them now. I'm glad for castleconnor . They appear to be in freefalll as they are already in Div 3 league. . Hopefully this might help them and they get sorted out. Curry are on the up. Another good win today moves their second team out of the bottom tier of championship football

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 900 - 17/10/2021 18:16:57    2385939

Link

So its county final weekend coming up. Where do people see the titles going? I think Coolera could be the ones to cause an upset to Tourlestrane. Tourlestrane got out of jail against Curry and haven't blown anyone out of the water yet but then again that's not been their style of football anyway.

In Intermediate I think Molaise will have too much for St Farnans. They have a better overall panel I feel and can call on some good options to come into the game to make a difference if needed.

In Junior I fancy St Michaels to make a mends for their earlier loss to St Pats.

To be fair to all three finals there should be good contests and hopefully can put on a good display of football. Pity theres not a weekend pass to attend the games or watch them as could get more outside interest and hopefully the officials have a good day out too as nothing worse to lose a final due to dodgy decision making.

Sligoman1234 (Sligo) - Posts: 110 - 19/10/2021 10:03:46    2386186

Link