Tipperary Forum

Paul Curran

(Oldest Posts First)

Sad to see Paul Curran bow out like this. Just shows you how cruel elite sport is. He was a great servant to the Tipperary jersey. I remember how manager Aisake so well and sensibly in Thurles in 2009. All the best to him in his retirement.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 01/05/2015 11:38:24    1719425

Link

Statement from Paul Curran

"Having had the great honour of being a member of the Tipperary Senior hurling panel for the past 15 years, I have decided to call time on my inter-county hurling career. It was a huge privilege for me to wear the blue and gold and to represent my county.
I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to the many people who have supported me during my hurling career. I am very grateful to all the players, management and backroom staff who have given me such support over the years. I want to thank my club, and the people of Mullinahone, for their loyalty and encouragement during my time playing with Tipperary. I want to thank especially my family and my wife, Tracy, for the sacrifices they have made and for their great support at all times.
I am very grateful for the many opportunities and friendships that being part of this team has afforded me and I have many great memories that I will forever treasure.

Finally, I want to wish Tipperary well for the future. I have great hopes for this team and have no doubt they will go on to bring many more honours to the county".

I would like to say Paul Enjoy your retirement you have done us all proud over your 15 years Thanks

JC Wales (Tipperary) - Posts: 3040 - 01/05/2015 16:32:07    1719548

Link