10. Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)
11. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
12. Patrick Maher (Lorrha and Dorrha)
13. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
14. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)
15. Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone) Captain.

lowerormond (Tipperary) - Posts: 1267 - 16/07/2010 11:32:38    711261

Link

Interesting Callinan dropped?? Might be the shot in the arm he needs, I know sheedy was playing Mcgrath center forward in a few challenge matches before the cork game.... As i said in another thread I think Hennessy deserves a run now too.

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 16/07/2010 12:08:40    711306

Link

I agree 100% about Hennessy. I'd a very good view of him at the Wexford match. His aerial ability was impressive and he looks to have plenty of hurling in him. I think young will do well in midfield. Centre forward could suit McGrath, how did he do there in the challenge matches?

Anyone else concerned that we don't have a settled team positionally or personnel wise?

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 16/07/2010 13:34:42    711411

Link

Yes I for one are very critical of this Tipp team all year. The league was poor we'd have won it if we put some decent games together or at least were settled.

Very different to last year & with Callinan dropped hopefully he might kick on & get his game face back.

McGrath could do well at centre forward natural catcher of the high ball & quick plus can pick off points from anywhere.However I think McGrath will have a free role between centre forward & midfield & Cummins will target the puck outs there.McGraths ball winning ability is second to none when his on form.

Hennessy could well make that starting 15 if he continues playing the way he is. This no easy game for Tipp on a tight pitch against what I think if one of the best Offaly teams in years. They have put in tremendous work & when their on their game they can fire.PLus d fact that its Tipp will spur them on a little more.They like to get one over us in Offaly so we better not lose this one.

I think we will win though but it aint coming easy. 3 points my prediction.

WildPundit (Tipperary) - Posts: 1643 - 16/07/2010 15:16:35    711592

Link

Henessy gave an exhibition of fielding at stages in the u21 game.... think he won at least 5 balls in a row there at one stage.... that definately something missing from the tipp half forward line

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 16/07/2010 15:20:08    711599

Link

WildPundit:

I think your right about the free role anytime tipp play lar at center forward he tends to drift out a bit could see Mcgrath doing similar..... offaly should be a better benchmark to where this tipp team actually is at the moment.

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 16/07/2010 16:04:02    711668

Link

Defo True Hag I think this is by far our biggest game this year as if we dont win its some disaster. An AI QF was the minimum at the start of year pending we got to a Munster Final but weve had to do it the hard way.

Even if all back - fire's Callinan can still make an impact & I think Sheedy is using this as some type of ploy maybe Callinan can come on Wing Forward for something if were doing bad there.OK maybe Im going OTT a bit here but I think we have a very strong bench. The players we can call on to come have youth with success & experience players.

By my reckoning we are gearing up for a right crack at either Galway or Waterford pending on other results of course.

We may just be about to peak at the right time & like Kilkenny do Leinster was like a qualifier for them for years playing bad teams & then able to peak in August / September. Only difference was they could win title's more easy then we could!!!

WildPundit (Tipperary) - Posts: 1643 - 16/07/2010 18:32:51    711872

Link

some people hoping for an upset on sunday i hope offaly dont win and me a true heart tipp fan believe tipperary are only getting going now and hopefully we will beat wats in front of us now, but sheedy is doing two much shifting and changing now this can be good at this time of the year

Tippman148 (Tipperary) - Posts: 1 - 17/07/2010 16:53:02    712366

Link

was a bit suprised at the crowds reaction in the stand to callinan comin on...by the sounds alot of people werent happy with him comin on...!bonner maher got a great reception when he came off....

lowerormond (Tipperary) - Posts: 1267 - 18/07/2010 19:54:19    713441

Link

Wasn't at the match yesterday, looks like there was a good crowd at it. How did Shane McGrath play at center forward? I've been trying to find a decent report on the match, but haven't seen how he got on. Its alot of chopping and changing to be doing this late in the year, hopefully it'll all come together next weekend. Is Timmy Hammersly still on the panel?

Marlon_JD (Tipperary) - Posts: 1766 - 19/07/2010 13:06:14    714320

Link

Shane Mcrath played well at centre forward scored a brilliant point. He gave good ball in to the corner forwards especially to Eoin Kelly.

mines (Tipperary) - Posts: 6 - 19/07/2010 14:11:20    714470

Link

Shane played well but he was moved to the wing & Patrick Maher played centre forward for a while.

I dont think it worked out as well as Sheedy had hoped.I didnt think Shane got the right supply of ball to make a huge impact.

Over-all the work rate was excellent Tipp fought like dogs gave Offaly nothing.It was a very loose game & only for Tipp's first half lead this could have gone down the wire.

A big improvement next week is needed if we are to over - turn Galway.If Joe Canning is kept at bay & we keep Damien Hayes from turning our corner backs inside out we should be close.Also mid-field we have to get tight on Ger Farragher & not concede to many free's his lethal.

Ollie Canning vs Eoin Kelly should be a great tussle!!!

WildPundit (Tipperary) - Posts: 1643 - 19/07/2010 15:08:45    714632

Link

How have we gone back so much from last year? Galway aren't playing well either.

Kilkenny must be celebrating the 5 in a row already after watching everyone else. The only thing is Davy Fitz is very creative and innovative with his tactics so he could well throw a few curb balls Cody's way were they to meet in a final.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 19/07/2010 17:58:07    715034

Link

A lad I know from Cork reckons even though after Cork lost Saturday night he reckons they can topple Kilkenny barring a miracle if Antrim dont beat them!!!!

I hope his right. If KK win the AI Semi Final I cant see them not winning the Final. They have to be stopped in the Semi Final or we'll be listening to them for the next 25 years!!!

WildPundit (Tipperary) - Posts: 1643 - 19/07/2010 18:17:35    715081

Link