Tipperary Forum

Dublin v. Tipperary - Croke Park.

(Oldest Posts First)

Big day for Tipperary football next Saturday. We play Dublin in a Championship match for the first time since the 1920 All Ireland Final, played in 1922. Between Tipp's All Ireland Final win that day and Bloody Sunday in 1920, a match against Dublin is special for all Tipperary football supporters. Dublin will be hot favourites, but Tipp showed great heart and skill to beat Laois in Round 1. That win over Laois has given Tipp the opportunity to play Dublin and having got to Croke Park I think Tipp will give us a big performance on Saturday. The bookies have Dublin in the next round already, but with a bit of luck Tipp could be there or thereabouts at the end. Hopefully, the footballers will get the big support that they deserve from Tipperary supporters and that we will see a lot of Blue and Gold in Croke Park on Saturday night.

Star Gazer (Tipperary) - Posts: 436 - 06/07/2010 14:57:29    698215

Link

Good luck on Saturday and with this current Dublin setup being as unsettled as it has been in the last 2 games a good gutsy performance from Tipp could make things very interesting come the final whistle!

pigonastick (Dublin) - Posts: 487 - 06/07/2010 16:59:17    698492

Link

A lot of credit to the team for such a hard season & just reward that we play in Croke Park. I think we may have a short coming just like Limerick lacking that killer instict to put away the big teams.We have come on a lot since the Kerry game very improved against Laois but I still think we lack from 10-15 & some of the Dublin forwards are much more faster & clinical than Laois.If we stick with Dublin for 50mins & play at pace I can see us running Dublin close.Dublin tend to get goals from no - where in the championship & have beat teams out the gate in Croke Park over the last number of years established football counties.I fear for us on Saturday as someone has to take a Dubs backlash just like the Tipp hurlers did to Wexford.Dublin & Tipp people always seem to get on well & half the pubs up there are owned by Tipp men or have some type of Tipp connection.Its goin to be a great day out for the Tipp lads & I hope they show us some class & commitment like they have done all year.No matter the result on Saturday I will be proud of these lads as im sure all Tipp gaels will.We are a hurling county by nature its in the DNA for us but these lads & John Evans are little unkown in most parts of the county but for me they are unsung hero's.I hope Johnny Evans will stay on for another while as he is a legend in my eye's.He has woke up Tipp football & never have we had such great comments in newspapers & on TV about how well Tipp football is doing.I hope we dont exit the championship come Saturday evening but im sure we will be fighting to end regardless.GO ON JOHNNY EVANS WORK YOUR MAGIC AGAIN!!!!Best of luck to the lads & enjoy the big day in Croker.

WildPundit (Tipperary) - Posts: 1643 - 06/07/2010 17:57:00    698596

Link

Tipp could surprise Dublin and I think they will win by to points

mines (Tipperary) - Posts: 6 - 07/07/2010 08:37:06    698947

Link

I think it's unlikely we will beat Dublin as we do not have the same quality up front to punish them as Meath did. However I would expect an energetic and gutsy display and I think we'll push them all the way. Hope to go up to Croke Park to support them, after the work they have put in over the last few years they deserve more support from the Tipp public.

roundball (Tipperary) - Posts: 2511 - 07/07/2010 13:23:25    699272

Link

i just want to say best of luck to tipp today....i wouldn't surprised one bit if ye pipped us today...but i'm gona say dublin 4 after one hell of a scare before.all the best lads.

Dubsfan08 (Dublin) - Posts: 619 - 10/07/2010 13:09:31    702367

Link

I look forward to a great contest lads. Come on the Dubs!! May the best team win

PC27 (Dublin) - Posts: 78 - 10/07/2010 13:48:21    702412

Link

All the best today lads from county monaghan!!!

northmonman (Monaghan) - Posts: 59 - 10/07/2010 14:00:52    702422

Link

Come on Tipp, hope its a good game

tipptothetop (Tipperary) - Posts: 531 - 10/07/2010 14:46:13    702461

Link

I feel we could have done with a more seasoned player like Eamon Hanrahan even on the sideline to give us an edge. Missing the likes of Aylward, O'Brien, Carey etc is a blow to us, but in fairness the boys who have come in are definately there for the long term. Fair play John Evans and backroom team too.

gaagaa69 (Tipperary) - Posts: 131 - 19/07/2010 19:05:02    715157

Link