8. Conor Cullen
9. Dean McGovern
10. Conor Gaffney
11. Domhnall Flynn
12. James Glancy Manor
13. Ryan O Rourke
14. Dara Rooney
15. Ronan Kennedy

This is from the games I have seen so far, haven't seen the Willies yet, I am sure Pearse, 3 Plunketts n Morgan will make a burst for the team going by reports.
Jimmy Holohan, Nigel MaGuire, Jack De Lacy, Darren McLoughlin, Keith Keegan, Sean McNabola, Raymond Fee, Jack Gihleaney, Riordan O Rourke, Gavin Reynolds, Eoin Ward, Conor Beirne, Enda Moreton, Colm Clarke, Shane Foley and Cian Clinton also looked good in the games I have seen.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 868 - 13/09/2017 08:11:33    2045499

Link

Surely niall mcgovern has to be in there. IMO hed win senior club player of the year at the moment

pinkyman (Leitrim) - Posts: 58 - 13/09/2017 09:05:26    2045515

Link

Have only seen Ballinamore once so and he was good but have heard he is playing great. Just on my games viewed the team was picked, when I saw him he was up against a poor side.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 868 - 13/09/2017 09:34:28    2045528

Link

Benny Flynn

N.Plunkett
Wrynn
M. McWeeney

McGuire
B.McWeeny
D.Feely

Cullen
Flanagan

McGloin
M.Plunkett
Gaffney

Kennedy
N. McGovern
D. Rooney

S.Moran, E.Ward, G.Plunkett, D.McGovern, R. O'Rourke, Cunningham, D.Maxwell, J.Rooney, S. MacNabola, D.Carberry, K.McHugh, DeLacy, Fox, E.Sweeney, P.Dolan,

Leitrim1234 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 13/09/2017 10:05:45    2045546

Link

Couldn't argue with Leitrim1234, had forgotten a few of those lads mentioned. McGloin looked great a few weeks ago.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 868 - 13/09/2017 13:31:18    2045624

Link

Farrelly

M.mcweeney
D.wrynn
N.plunkett

B.prior
F.mcmorrow
P.mcguire

W.mckeown
C.cullen

C.mcgloin
D.flynn
M.plunkett

D.rooney
N.mcgovern
R.orourke

On a positive side it's enjoyable trying to pick between players in our small county because we have an abundance of talent and I'm sure I could pick another 15 who are have just as good as championship as the 15 I picked their. We have so much talent in our county I just hope we push it on and reach our potential

hurricane567 (Leitrim) - Posts: 34 - 14/09/2017 10:41:58    2045900

Link

The argument that Leitrim don't have talent coming through has been proved redundant in the last year. Rooney and McGloin from Melvin Gaels, Plunkett X3, Dolan and McTague from Aughawillan, McGovern X2 and McHugh from O'Heslins, Madden X2, Quinn, Beirne and Mitchell from Mohill, O'Rourke,McLoughlin, Gilheany and Wrynn from Fenagh, Cullen from Aughnasheelin, Cunningham from Dromahair, Gaffney and McCabe from Drumreilly. That is 23 players from the top of my head under the age of 24 that with the right S&C and coaching would make or be very close to most county panels especially in Division 3&4 counties. Yet at all the championship games I have been at I haven't seen the supposed county management at any. If you were a coach or manager hoping to make a name for yourself Leitrim is an ideal county to take as the only way is up.

LeitrimWay (Leitrim) - Posts: 66 - 14/09/2017 15:18:50    2045999

Link

Couldn't agree more with the last post. Add in Keegan from Mohill D. Farrell (St.Marys) Rooney and Dolan from Glencar-Manor, Heslin from Gort and Benny Flynn from Leitrim Gaels who are all in that age bracket and you have some very promising players.

The older bunch of McWeeney (Carrick), McGuire (Manor) Flynn, Chick, Armstrong (Mohill), Moran and Murphy (SOH) McWeeney (Aughnasheelin) Moran (Boors) Mulligan along with P. Brennan (Melvin) if he could be convinced to return and Flanagan (Aughawillan) and their is undoubted potential for Leitrim Football.

OnTheBank (Australia) - Posts: 159 - 14/09/2017 15:51:36    2046015

Link

Benny Flynn

N.Plunkett
Colm Mc Keon
M. McWeeney

James Rooney
B.McWeeny
D.Feely

Keith Mc Gloin
Flanagan

Niall Mc Govern
Ronan Kennedy
Gaffney

Donal Wrynn
Ryan O Rourke
D. Rooney

donegal1992 (Donegal) - Posts: 226 - 14/09/2017 16:54:45    2046038

Link

Flynn

Mcweeney
Mcguire
Ryan

Prior
Mckeown
J.rooney

BB
Dolan

Mplunket
D Flynn
Gaffney

Drooney
Beirne
Kennedy

PaulBrennan2012 (Donegal) - Posts: 4 - 14/09/2017 19:54:25    2046095

Link

PFarrelly
LRyan
NPlunkett
EHarkin
DFeilhy
PMaguire
JRooney
WMckeon
DMcGovern
ACroal
CCullen
Rorourke
PConnaughton
NMcGovern
RKennedy

SOH with most players for the simple reason they are unbeaten in championship and have most teams sorted out in 1st half which is very impressive

TwoFeet (Leitrim) - Posts: 24 - 15/09/2017 18:36:38    2046305

Link

Reminds me a bit of the Sunday game panel picking their team of the year on All Ireland night. Picking players that havnt played in those positions all year.

Fantastic1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 9 - 15/09/2017 20:25:34    2046324

Link

After last weekends action, a few players must come in to the reckoning, the absence of any real threat from Wrynn and O Rourke is worrying from a county point of view. The Willies were well and truly beaten by a mix of youth and wily campaigners from Manor. Worrying is how few teams can not yet handle James Glancy. You'd expect Evan Sweeney and Paddy MaGuire to shine as they are in form but Glancy has been deemed past it by most observers in recent years yet I have seen him 4 times in the Championship and he is rolling back the years.
This points to an ever lowering of standards and a lack of any real dominant force in Leitrim football especially the trouble Mohill encountered from Drumreilly. St Marys just about got over the line against a Melvin Gaels team devoid of serious hitters and Sean O Heslin's while talented have not been tested. All things as they are county final will be between Mohill and Manor. Can't see any club's outside the county quaking in their boots come Connacht club championship.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 868 - 22/09/2017 12:54:18    2049312

Link

Brady, Hickey and MaGuire stood out with McGriskin doing Trojan work for a really impressive Manor team. Only McKeon showed glimpses for Sean O Heslin's while the McGovern bros tried hard. Shane Moran drifts out of games for far too long of periods.
Mohill and Marys didn't put on a show but conditions were hard to do so. Both forward lines when quality ball was fed to them looked dangerous. Armstrong is a loss to Mohill. Glancy pulled off great saves to keep Marys in it. Keith Beirne while not as lethal as usual did some wonderful things and Ray Mulvey kept Marys in the game with great scores . James Glancy, Nicholas McWeeney, Caillin Canning, 2 McLoughlin brothers and Keegan all put in great workmanlike performances throughout for their respective teams.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 868 - 23/09/2017 20:08:45    2049708

Link