Kerry Forum

Laochra Gael

(Oldest Posts First)

Alright lads,did any of ye see the show on Mikey Sheehy last night?For me,he was my favourite Kerry player of that era.Ahead of Jacko and Ogie.Mikey oozed class in everything he did.Even the way he ran was stylish.So skillfull.Beautiful kicker of the ball ; from the hands and from the ground.Great finisher.And such a fair and clean player.Not a dirty stroke in him.The epitome of a gentleman.On and off the field.It was scary seeing the highlights of Kerry's golden era.The Brazil of GAA at the time and Mikey was like Pele.Thanks for the memories Mikey.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 15/11/2016 13:44:17    1934353

Link

Thanks cue that's nice of you to say. I seen that episode a few years back allright, jays he was fair gifted although when he missed that peno against Offaly we could have strung him up :-)
Every1 in my class at school wanted to be Mikey Sheehy or jack O'Shea there would be fights so our teacher would give is a day each to be Mikey or jacko which when I think back now considering we were all 15/16 years of age was pretty sad :-) nobody wanted to be ambrose I think it was because it was an unusual name.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12158 - 15/11/2016 22:42:06    1934543

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Thanks cue that's nice of you to say. I seen that episode a few years back allright, jays he was fair gifted although when he missed that peno against Offaly we could have strung him up :-)
Every1 in my class at school wanted to be Mikey Sheehy or jack O'Shea there would be fights so our teacher would give is a day each to be Mikey or jacko which when I think back now considering we were all 15/16 years of age was pretty sad :-) nobody wanted to be ambrose I think it was because it was an unusual name."
Haha Ambrose?I cant see why ye didn't want to be him!Decent player obviously,but chalk and cheese compared to the other lads.Ogie was a stylish player,also.The speed of his hands was very impressive.He could disposses you in a flash and boom!....0-60 in two seconds.Once in a century group of men.We'll be lucky to see the likes again before we depart this earth.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 16/11/2016 13:28:36    1934672

Link

I was a massive fan of Paudie Lynch, I though he was so so under rated, played wing forward, Midfield, wing and corner back... so versatile and stylish - just did the simple things right -

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5000 - 16/11/2016 13:36:40    1934675

Link

Never mind them fancy townie forwards it was Jimmy, the Horse and the Bomber for me - teak though north Kerrymen - what any great Kerry team always needed :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5926 - 16/11/2016 14:53:30    1934711

Link

I suppose it was a coming together of an array of men with different attributes.Strength,skill,toughness,speed,self-belief,rogues,gents and outrageous natural talent.Led by a charismatic man from Sth Kerry who his men would have died for.A perfect storm,if you like.Great days to be a Kerry man/woman.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 16/11/2016 15:21:30    1934723

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "I suppose it was a coming together of an array of men with different attributes.Strength,skill,toughness,speed,self-belief,rogues,gents and outrageous natural talent.Led by a charismatic man from Sth Kerry who his men would have died for.A perfect storm,if you like.Great days to be a Kerry man/woman."
I was watching Declan O'sullivans laochra Gael episode last week feck he ooozed class, It was poor form by some of our fans that booed him that day against cork although I tought they were saying boo-urns.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12158 - 16/11/2016 16:15:47    1934742

Link