Kerry Forum

Hill 16

(Oldest Posts First)

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

As a die hard Kerry fan from Antrim I was wondering if anyone in the kingdom has recognised the importance of Kerry supporters taking their positions on the hill.

It was the first thing I looked out for entering croke in 2011. All but about 150 fans on the hill were dubs. You might recall Cluxton having a kick to win Sam. He kicked into 8000 friendly people. Could you imagine if Kerry had fans on the Hill? As good as he is, and still might have scored, but Kerry fans in their abstentionist appproach to the Hill made the kick much easier. Imagine for 1 sec the abuse Sean o shea and Clifford will be getting kicking into it on Sunday. It might be a little hostile. More so if there are no Kerry fans in there.

The Hill also took joy in abusing and jeering every Mayo player as recent as 2 weeks ago. Kerrys young team could be easily affected. In fact it might harm them in years to come.

The Hill set the tone for the rest of the fans throughout the stadium in terms of noise, songs etc. A quieter Hill = a quieter stadium. All to kerrys advantage.

This might seem a small point. Big matches are often won on small margins.

nottheview (Antrim) - Posts: 9 - 26/08/2019 02:51:56    2229274

Link

Antrim there was a hell of a lot of kerry fans on the yesterday and how right you were. When the Dublin team needed the hill most yesterday the hill fell rather silent. The kerry fans were amazing the way they got behind our young team ciarrai Abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 653 - 02/09/2019 07:02:10    2231669

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Antrim there was a hell of a lot of kerry fans on the yesterday and how right you were. When the Dublin team needed the hill most yesterday the hill fell rather silent. The kerry fans were amazing the way they got behind our young team ciarrai Abu"
100% Gerry we were the ones making all the noise yesterday, unfortunately I can't see as many of our supporters making the replay due to financial reasons and the lateness of the game so we'll probably be outnumbered the next day, but sure we're always outnumbered anyway.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 02/09/2019 14:18:16    2231899

Link

I think this year of all years the Kerry Supporters really got behind the Team, we have been rightly accused of being poor supporters only going to the semi and or the final.

This year i was at the away matches in Galway , Roscommon and Cavan (living in Donegal so a lot closer for me !) and at least 1,000 Kerry fans at all those games (Easily 1,200 Kerry fans in Cavan, half of Kenmare / South Kerry were there). Peter Keane after every game went on to all the supporters buses and thanked the fans for coming and acknowledged their cheering during the games.

Dublin's dominance has left the Kerry supporters realizing we dont have a god given right to be in Finals every year and winning every second year as we thought from 1997 onwards..

The Kerrys fans really got behind this young team..The Patch of Green and Gold in the top right corner of the Hill was a great sight and there was plenty Green and Gold in the stands too! You could see the players got a boost when the Kerry Fans went ape shit after every score. Gavin Crowleys point was cheered loudly as was Killians one where he saluted the crowd....

I think the Kerry fans this year definitely have upped their game and realized that it that kind of encouragement the young guns need !!!

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 95 - 02/09/2019 16:24:23    2231956

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "I think this year of all years the Kerry Supporters really got behind the Team, we have been rightly accused of being poor supporters only going to the semi and or the final.

This year i was at the away matches in Galway , Roscommon and Cavan (living in Donegal so a lot closer for me !) and at least 1,000 Kerry fans at all those games (Easily 1,200 Kerry fans in Cavan, half of Kenmare / South Kerry were there). Peter Keane after every game went on to all the supporters buses and thanked the fans for coming and acknowledged their cheering during the games.

Dublin's dominance has left the Kerry supporters realizing we dont have a god given right to be in Finals every year and winning every second year as we thought from 1997 onwards..

The Kerrys fans really got behind this young team..The Patch of Green and Gold in the top right corner of the Hill was a great sight and there was plenty Green and Gold in the stands too! You could see the players got a boost when the Kerry Fans went ape shit after every score. Gavin Crowleys point was cheered loudly as was Killians one where he saluted the crowd....

I think the Kerry fans this year definitely have upped their game and realized that it that kind of encouragement the young guns need !!!"
Great post , I haven't seen support like it since the Mayo replay in limerick in 2014.

We're absolutely ravenous for the allireland now and if the team have even half the hunger of our supporters then we'll bate the dubs Saturday week.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 03/09/2019 17:27:06    2232479

Link