Roscommon Forum

Roscommon Club Football 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To reffingmad:  "Couldnt use the video as per rules of the Gaa, if they used the video, Ronans could appeal(and win said appeal) and full process would take weeks."
Why though? I am not disputing what you say but it makes little sense. Had the game been televised by Ros gaa could they have used video evidence? Be ridiculous if they couldn't. And one example I can think off is couple of years ago Garvan Dolan got a straight red wrongly. Brigids produced footage of the incident and he was rightly cleared. Why is this any different do you know. Appreciate you clearing it up for me.

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 745 - 17/09/2021 21:36:17    2381398

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "Why though? I am not disputing what you say but it makes little sense. Had the game been televised by Ros gaa could they have used video evidence? Be ridiculous if they couldn't. And one example I can think off is couple of years ago Garvan Dolan got a straight red wrongly. Brigids produced footage of the incident and he was rightly cleared. Why is this any different do you know. Appreciate you clearing it up for me."
Because with the Dolan incident one of the 2 clubs involved had applied and gotten permission from the county board to video it. Unfortunately for Boyle no team had permission to record it so couldn't use it

reffingmad (Roscommon) - Posts: 243 - 17/09/2021 22:20:39    2381404

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "Why though? I am not disputing what you say but it makes little sense. Had the game been televised by Ros gaa could they have used video evidence? Be ridiculous if they couldn't. And one example I can think off is couple of years ago Garvan Dolan got a straight red wrongly. Brigids produced footage of the incident and he was rightly cleared. Why is this any different do you know. Appreciate you clearing it up for me."
Since both team end up on same points and scoring difference, should it not went to who scored the most out of the three games? Seems the county board is making up for the ref mistake by playing the match again

JuniorB_14 (Roscommon) - Posts: 9 - 17/09/2021 22:26:22    2381407

Link

Latest is the Boyle Ronans game is now off tomorrow, Boyle not happy. Justified in my opinion. Apparently at the end of the game with Michael's, Boyle had a free, popped it over the bar, and as the ball was going over the ref blew the full time whistle, so they think they should've lost by 6 not 8 (another point Boyle scored in the game wasn't counted by the ref, Vivienne).

I was gonna put up a different message about the dates the playoff for the playoff, the actual play off and the QF, but the goalposts have been moved again.

No one can answer why the county board wouldn't use the video evidence in this case but would in others, only the county board themselves can do that, but we all know the county board can't explain what 2+2 is, never mind the layout for championship.

ClubNo1 (Roscommon) - Posts: 8 - 17/09/2021 22:41:06    2381411

Link

Replying To ClubNo1:  "Latest is the Boyle Ronans game is now off tomorrow, Boyle not happy. Justified in my opinion. Apparently at the end of the game with Michael's, Boyle had a free, popped it over the bar, and as the ball was going over the ref blew the full time whistle, so they think they should've lost by 6 not 8 (another point Boyle scored in the game wasn't counted by the ref, Vivienne).

I was gonna put up a different message about the dates the playoff for the playoff, the actual play off and the QF, but the goalposts have been moved again.

No one can answer why the county board wouldn't use the video evidence in this case but would in others, only the county board themselves can do that, but we all know the county board can't explain what 2+2 is, never mind the layout for championship."
I have answered why County Board couldn't use the video. They were not allowed as no team had permission to record the game so the video evidence was in admissible.

reffingmad (Roscommon) - Posts: 243 - 18/09/2021 11:10:33    2381437

Link

Replying To reffingmad:  "I have answered why County Board couldn't use the video. They were not allowed as no team had permission to record the game so the video evidence was in admissible."
Does it not goes on who scored the most if both team finished level on points and scoring difference?

JuniorB_14 (Roscommon) - Posts: 9 - 18/09/2021 12:49:14    2381450

Link

Eire Og into the Quarter finals with a 3 point win over Aidans. Damage done 1st half when Eire Og led by 6 points with Conor Cox scoring 1-6 in that half. Aidans to their credit went down fighting and won the 2nd half 1-5 to 1-2.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2880 - 18/09/2021 18:40:15    2381486

Link

Replying To reffingmad:  "Because with the Dolan incident one of the 2 clubs involved had applied and gotten permission from the county board to video it. Unfortunately for Boyle no team had permission to record it so couldn't use it"
Thank you for clearing it up. Fair play to you been so clued into the rules and regulations. Seems a ridiculous rule but if that's the way it is there hands were tied

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 745 - 18/09/2021 18:59:55    2381491

Link

I know some people think Roscommon club football is of a high standard but what I watched today wouldn't survive at intermediate level in some of the top counties.

dave1988 (Roscommon) - Posts: 654 - 19/09/2021 14:30:23    2381609

Link

Replying To dave1988:  "I know some people think Roscommon club football is of a high standard but what I watched today wouldn't survive at intermediate level in some of the top counties."
Maybe that's why they were in relegation

reffingmad (Roscommon) - Posts: 243 - 19/09/2021 16:06:20    2381632

Link

Replying To dave1988:  "I know some people think Roscommon club football is of a high standard but what I watched today wouldn't survive at intermediate level in some of the top counties."
Maybe that's why both teams were in a relegation play off??

Ros13 (Roscommon) - Posts: 77 - 19/09/2021 16:24:35    2381641

Link

Senior

Clann vs Glaveys
Oran vs Gaels
Strokestown vs Brigids
Pearses vs Boyle

Semi Finals
Clann/Glaveys vs Oran/Gaels
Strokestown/Brigids
Pearses vs Boyle

Intermediate

Clann vs Creggs
Dominics vs Kilbride
Eire Og vs Castlerea
Fuerty vs Faithleachs

Semi Finals
Clann/Creggs vs Doms/Kilbride
Eire Og/Castlerea vs Fuerty/Faithleachs

Ros13 (Roscommon) - Posts: 77 - 19/09/2021 17:28:11    2381660

Link

Well done to Elphin for retaining senior status was going to be a battle for them without their two best players in Shane Killoran and Fintan Cregg.

Western Gaels should secure their status v Croans next.

All too easy for Pearses against Tulsk. Paul Carey return from injury and form a big bonus for them.

The quarter final line up

Boyle v Pearses
Clann na nGael v Michael Glaveys
Oran v Roscommon Gaels
Strokestown v Brigids

Semi finals

Strokestown/Brigids v Pearses/Boyle
Clann/Glaveys v Oran/Ros Gaels

I'd fancy a Brigids v Clann final with that draw but no harm if we see a few shocks along the way and that final doesn't happen.

Intermediate

Clann na nGael v Creggs
St Dominics v Kilbride
Castlerea v Eire Og
Fuerty v Faithleachs

Semi final draw

St Dominics/Kilbride V Clann/Creggs

Fuerty/St Faithleachs V Castlerea/Eire Og

Dominics should reach the final for the 2nd year in a row. Winner of Fuerty v Faithleachs their most likely opposition.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2880 - 19/09/2021 17:37:58    2381663

Link

Excellent result for Elphin and Basil Mannion. Not to many would have gave them a chance today especially with their of there best players not available for one thing or another. Terrible result for Western Gaels. Was a bit of a buzz down Frenchpark when FOD took over but it has been a shambles. Killoe in Longford won nothing under him either and have won consecutive Titles in the years since.

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 745 - 19/09/2021 19:11:02    2381681

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Well done to Elphin for retaining senior status was going to be a battle for them without their two best players in Shane Killoran and Fintan Cregg.

Western Gaels should secure their status v Croans next.

All too easy for Pearses against Tulsk. Paul Carey return from injury and form a big bonus for them.

The quarter final line up

Boyle v Pearses
Clann na nGael v Michael Glaveys
Oran v Roscommon Gaels
Strokestown v Brigids

Semi finals

Strokestown/Brigids v Pearses/Boyle
Clann/Glaveys v Oran/Ros Gaels

I'd fancy a Brigids v Clann final with that draw but no harm if we see a few shocks along the way and that final doesn't happen.

Intermediate

Clann na nGael v Creggs
St Dominics v Kilbride
Castlerea v Eire Og
Fuerty v Faithleachs

Semi final draw

St Dominics/Kilbride V Clann/Creggs

Fuerty/St Faithleachs V Castlerea/Eire Og

Dominics should reach the final for the 2nd year in a row. Winner of Fuerty v Faithleachs their most likely opposition."
I think strokestown will have a game in them potentially a tough draw for bridget's, it could be the game to spark bridget's into action.
The other 1/4s I believe will be straightforward.
Pearses will account for boyle as boyle cannot defend.
Clann I feel will have a big say this year, glavey is a good match for them and the have a good semi draw too.
Roscommon g vs Oran is the weakest 1/4 fancy Roscommons experience to sneak past Oran.
Clann vs roscommon g in semi 1 .
Bridget's vs pearses in semi 2.
Clann vs bridget's final.
Bridget's have clanns number.

Intermediate
Dominic's beat kilbride, clann b beat creggs.
clann b will be a match for anyone if they are not weakened by significant promotions to the senior panel, I think clann b will loose key players as the season goes on and that will give Dominic's the edge in a semi, just.
Eireog v castlerea is the tighest match to call. Am gonna say eire on but this could go either way.
It's faithleach for me over fuerty, even with the doubt over one of the Murtaghs I think they have to much for a fuerty team that can be got at in the full back line. Faithleach will also have enough for the winners of castlerea eire og.
So my guess is that Dominic's will meet faithleachs and that's a tight game. Dominic's might have a better balance by faithleachs have more match winners. I go faithleachs.

Jonnycee (Longford) - Posts: 170 - 19/09/2021 21:10:03    2381713

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "Excellent result for Elphin and Basil Mannion. Not to many would have gave them a chance today especially with their of there best players not available for one thing or another. Terrible result for Western Gaels. Was a bit of a buzz down Frenchpark when FOD took over but it has been a shambles. Killoe in Longford won nothing under him either and have won consecutive Titles in the years since."
Western gaels are a bit like their neighbours in Mayo. Constantly flatter to deceive and never deliver when they are fancied.

Jonnycee (Longford) - Posts: 170 - 19/09/2021 21:11:52    2381715

Link