Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Don't react boys, just another alias of the usual crew.

Tis a pity so many people have so much time on their hands!

Sure you saw outside the Supreme Court yesterday the kind of people that have plenty of time on their hands ;D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 15/10/2020 16:48:02    2297826

Link

Posts in single figures or in their twenties is a tell tail sign of a ringer in our midst.

Back to your question K'boy. Hard to tell no form guide and truth be told we always find Monaghan a tough nut to crack at home never mind up there.

A lot depends on team selection, but I'd imagine we'll be going he'll for leather seeing as the rebels on the horizon.

I expect an error ridden game, stop start but i thibk we might have too much but Banty knows his ball.

This actually reminds me of the good days of league games in October and November, sitting with the woolly cap and jacket in the stands and then followed by knockout ball... really nostalgic. But ya sloppy game but a tight win..

I just want a settled side, freshness in time and a good performance

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 17:42:55    2297835

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "What was it the great Páidí use to say about a grain of rice tipping the scales? Can you imagine what a bag of rice can do.

I have 1 more question for you mick and this is the last il speak to you about this subject on here as I'm sure you're a dub planted here to stir thing up and I'd rather talk about my football teams games, but my question to you is this if this Kerry team go on to win the 5 in a row who's 5 in a row would be worth more? The dubs or ours?"
Well number 1 is in not a Dub. I'm a Kerryman living in Dublin as I've explained before but maybe you can't grasp that. Also I've seen Kerry win more all Irelands than you live (15 titles 75 to 2014).i have also seen Kerry lose 7 finals live and 2 draws. Now whether you and your Kinsale pal believe me or not(Hermit said he s from Kinsale if I'm a Kerryman) matters not to me. Now to answer your silly question I'll be a true Kerryman and reply with another question_which 4 in a row was worth more? We ford's? Kerry 1929_1932or Kerry 78_81?Answer all great achievements. I don't think I'll ever see another 5 in a row but if Kerry did it would be a truly magnificent feat equal to Dublin. Yes probably harder to win for Kerry due to the Croke Park thing but cest lá vie.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 15/10/2020 18:23:23    2297842

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "How about Pa Kilkenny from Glenbeigh? Do you think he fits into the scheme of things or is he only in the squad for the practice squad?"
Forgot about Pa Kilkenny. Def worth a look at again. Was good when on the panel a few years ago and had a great county championship.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 15/10/2020 18:26:46    2297843

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I noticed that as well the hermit, another 1 of multiple usernames multi's going around Stiring the pot then probably taking it 2 far so the mods pulled it, that hasn't happened since jimbo threw his toys out of the pram about 2 years ago.

The hermit do you get the feeling as I do that the dubs on the main page don't want their team to win the allireland this year? As if they're afraid it will show up the farce the championship has become if they win the 6."
Yeah the smell of fear is pretty potent there Kingdomboy.
Look no one here or in the clubs and pubs of Ireland is claiming money is all that's behind Dublin. Money can't create good players. An exceptional bunch of players came through at the same time and they would have won plenty this decade.

But the money has been a major factor in their unprecedented dominance, just as the championship structure being tailored for them (Super 8s) and the home advantage has been.

That's a pretty obvious and basic point.

Anyone that can't accept that is either an idiot or someone who doesn't want to face reality for whatever reason.

Now given the calibre of posters on the main forum who are most vocal about it, you'd be hard pressed to decide which of the two they are!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 15/10/2020 18:45:13    2297848

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "How about Pa Kilkenny from Glenbeigh? Do you think he fits into the scheme of things or is he only in the squad for the practice squad?"
I think he's lack of height may come against him..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 18:56:49    2297851

Link

Ya lads it's gonna be tough up in innishkeen, I've been up there a few times and the pitch is small enough and with the weather given good and the kickouts from the 21 yard line I can see Rory Beggan bypassing our midfield with his massive kicks,

Monaghan will give us enough of it as they allways do but il be hopeful we'll win.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 19:01:42    2297853

Link

Does anyone else think it strange how just as the inter county season is about to begin the media are going into overdrive about the risk and so many are coming out of the woodwork now questioning all this?

No one was complaining when the clubs came back, or that rugby and soccer was allowed start up again. Sure how many outbreaks can you trade back to club celebrations now?

It's a bit rich and very suspicious this fear campaign that's started up in the last two days.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 15/10/2020 19:57:43    2297869

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya lads it's gonna be tough up in innishkeen, I've been up there a few times and the pitch is small enough and with the weather given good and the kickouts from the 21 yard line I can see Rory Beggan bypassing our midfield with his massive kicks,

Monaghan will give us enough of it as they allways do but il be hopeful we'll win."
Yes I expect a tough encounter especially as Monaghan are not safe from demotion either. A very interesting game.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 15/10/2020 20:02:24    2297872

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I think he's lack of height may come against him.."
I don't know horse would Pa be much smaller than Paul Murphy? Although 2 small lads in the half back line might be a bit much all right.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 20:15:07    2297874

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Yes I expect a tough encounter especially as Monaghan are not safe from demotion either. A very interesting game."
I didn't know they were in the mix for religation mick, who is there last game against?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 20:17:43    2297875

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yeah the smell of fear is pretty potent there Kingdomboy.
Look no one here or in the clubs and pubs of Ireland is claiming money is all that's behind Dublin. Money can't create good players. An exceptional bunch of players came through at the same time and they would have won plenty this decade.

But the money has been a major factor in their unprecedented dominance, just as the championship structure being tailored for them (Super 8s) and the home advantage has been.

That's a pretty obvious and basic point.

Anyone that can't accept that is either an idiot or someone who doesn't want to face reality for whatever reason.

Now given the calibre of posters on the main forum who are most vocal about it, you'd be hard pressed to decide which of the two they are!!"
True the hermit :-) hi when those posters need to create other accounts to say something controversial or back themselves up it looks very bad.

Multiple is the saddest of them all likes to say things under his breath as funny as that might sound on a forum but I bet he's the kind of fella that can't make eye contact when talking to someone in real life and coming on here allows him to say things and keep a safe distance while setting up other accounts to back himself up, he has 2 much time on his hands..

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 20:44:56    2297882

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I didn't know they were in the mix for religation mick, who is there last game against?"
Yes Monaghan have 5 points K Boy but they have Meath last game. They could be fighting with Mayo for relegation.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 15/10/2020 20:57:52    2297887

Link

Galway could put the nail in Mayo"s coffin at the weekend, Galway would love so much to do that but Walsh is. Loss....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 21:12:37    2297891

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Yes Monaghan have 5 points K Boy but they have Meath last game. They could be fighting with Mayo for relegation."
I think Mayo have Tyrone in their last game but Tyrone are going to have 1 eye on Donegal the weekend after so a win for Mayo there.

Mayo could also beat Galway with Walsh and the Moycullen boys out it could be the great escape for Mayo.

All to play for.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 21:16:42    2297892

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I think Mayo have Tyrone in their last game but Tyrone are going to have 1 eye on Donegal the weekend after so a win for Mayo there.

Mayo could also beat Galway with Walsh and the Moycullen boys out it could be the great escape for Mayo.

All to play for."
True and Mayo the great survivors

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 15/10/2020 21:31:16    2297898

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Does anyone else think it strange how just as the inter county season is about to begin the media are going into overdrive about the risk and so many are coming out of the woodwork now questioning all this?

No one was complaining when the clubs came back, or that rugby and soccer was allowed start up again. Sure how many outbreaks can you trade back to club celebrations now?

It's a bit rich and very suspicious this fear campaign that's started up in the last two days."
In fairness when clubs came back case numbers were almost negligible throughout most of the country.

1,200 cases today, highest ever and growing. Many players will have family in the vulnerable category. I think the level of concern is logical. I would not be surprised to see some opt outs from players before the weekend to be honest.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1960 - 15/10/2020 21:40:16    2297900

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I don't know horse would Pa be much smaller than Paul Murphy? Although 2 small lads in the half back line might be a bit much all right."
Paul Murphy is in a different class entirely, in my opinion. You do not seem to notice his height when he is on the field. The marking job on McHugh some time ago was classic.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 542 - 15/10/2020 21:53:04    2297903

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "In fairness when clubs came back case numbers were almost negligible throughout most of the country.

1,200 cases today, highest ever and growing. Many players will have family in the vulnerable category. I think the level of concern is logical. I would not be surprised to see some opt outs from players before the weekend to be honest."
Yes numbers are higher now, but so is the testing.
I just can't understand why they keep persisting with this daily number diagnosed metric, it means nothing unless you are supplied with daily testing rates, reproductive rate etc.

At least the death rate remains low which shows the viruses is not as deadly as it appeared back in March and is being treated much better once diagnosed.

I see the Co Board have said the Kerry players will be driving up individually to Monaghan on Friday, they seem to be taking as much precautions as they can.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 15/10/2020 22:49:36    2297916

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Does anyone else think it strange how just as the inter county season is about to begin the media are going into overdrive about the risk and so many are coming out of the woodwork now questioning all this?

It's a bit rich and very suspicious this fear campaign that's started up in the last two days."
Exactly all this talk about is it worth it, is it safe etc. The last few months the club scene with hundreds of thousands involved through all the levels has gone ahead but now with inter county starting up with less than 1 percent of the playing population involved and more emphasis on being careful than there would be in the clubs, there's talk of stopping it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 15/10/2020 22:54:18    2297917

Link