Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To steakknife:  "Any idea why he packed it in? Didn't seem to be smooth sailing looking at it from the outside? Few players seem to have left etc"
Supposedly himself and his family have packed up and moved to Mayo steakknife because of the Covid, he did an interview with Tomás O'Sé a few months back where he spoke about his ups and downs with a few wexford lads, it's well worth a listen if you're interested it's on Tomás O'sé's podcast.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 17/09/2020 14:29:25    2292699

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Supposedly himself and his family have packed up and moved to Mayo steakknife because of the Covid, he did an interview with Tomás O'Sé a few months back where he spoke about his ups and downs with a few wexford lads, it's well worth a listen if you're interested it's on Tomás O'sé's podcast."
The problem for Galvin is he's a fella that doesn't take fools gladly and you can imagine in a D4 outfit like Wexford there could be a fair few lads that wouldn't really be committed or willing to put up with the standards he wants to set.
That's why I'd like to see him turn up somewhere with a panel that has won little but has some good potential.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 17/09/2020 15:03:50    2292708

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Supposedly himself and his family have packed up and moved to Mayo steakknife because of the Covid, he did an interview with Tomás O'Sé a few months back where he spoke about his ups and downs with a few wexford lads, it's well worth a listen if you're interested it's on Tomás O'sé's podcast."
Well that's fair enough, I gave it a listen alright and the two boys spoke very well in fairness. Only issue I have is the county he's choosing to go too !! :D

steakknife (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 17/09/2020 16:08:49    2292728

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The problem for Galvin is he's a fella that doesn't take fools gladly and you can imagine in a D4 outfit like Wexford there could be a fair few lads that wouldn't really be committed or willing to put up with the standards he wants to set.
That's why I'd like to see him turn up somewhere with a panel that has won little but has some good potential."
Ya iv a feeling he'd be a Roy Keane type of manager with nothing less than 100% being accepted.

Who would you be looking at in the west? Clare Galway he'd hardly go to mayo would he?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 17/09/2020 19:21:33    2292769

Link

Replying To steakknife:  "Well that's fair enough, I gave it a listen alright and the two boys spoke very well in fairness. Only issue I have is the county he's choosing to go too !! :D"
Could he be joining James horan do you think?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 17/09/2020 19:23:04    2292770

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya iv a feeling he'd be a Roy Keane type of manager with nothing less than 100% being accepted.

Who would you be looking at in the west? Clare Galway he'd hardly go to mayo would he?"
Mayo and Galvin, now that would be something. Can't see it though, Clare or the Rossies maybe?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 17/09/2020 22:45:29    2292798

Link

Ah Christ this is how rumours start...

Any price mentioned for county final.. heard talk of increase but anything official out there?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 17/09/2020 22:57:47    2292801

Link

Rumours is right. I would nt say Galvin got any other offer (yet anyway). He just left We Ford for his own reasons. Galway Mayo or Rossies won't be Looking for a new manager presently unless he goes in as a selector but can't see it.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 18/09/2020 07:30:07    2292817

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Mayo and Galvin, now that would be something. Can't see it though, Clare or the Rossies maybe?"
We'll watch this space.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 18/09/2020 07:52:32    2292818

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ah Christ this is how rumours start...

Any price mentioned for county final.. heard talk of increase but anything official out there?"
Iv heard 20 mentioned horse, sounds about right for a final,

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 18/09/2020 07:54:16    2292819

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ah Christ this is how rumours start...

Any price mentioned for county final.. heard talk of increase but anything official out there?"
Yerra what's wrong with a bit of speculation, haven't we had little enough to talk about these last six months!!

An increase to what? €15, that getting like the box office for the boxing. I paid €25 to see Katie Taylors fight and bloody missed the first few rounds cause I was late getting home!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 18/09/2020 09:04:02    2292826

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Iv heard 20 mentioned horse, sounds about right for a final,"
The County Board confirmed on the Kerry GAA ProBoards forum that it will be priced at €10

SecretsOfFatima (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 18/09/2020 11:28:58    2292854

Link

Replying To SecretsOfFatima:  "The County Board confirmed on the Kerry GAA ProBoards forum that it will be priced at €10"
Oh nice 1, that's well worth buying for that price.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 18/09/2020 13:19:57    2292903

Link

In fairness a tenner is good value but only for those who have access to purchase.

I'll happily pay that tariff for the final and I know two old lads near me who'd also appreciate my couch and company to watch.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 18/09/2020 21:13:55    2292959

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "In fairness a tenner is good value but only for those who have access to purchase.

I'll happily pay that tariff for the final and I know two old lads near me who'd also appreciate my couch and company to watch."
I'm the same horse, I'm bringing in an uncle and a couple of old neighbours to watch the game, I know I'll probably get in trouble for having more than 3 people from 3 different households but so be it, our county board didn't seem to take that into account when deciding this but I understand our teams need the money as well.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 19/09/2020 10:47:04    2293006

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I'm the same horse, I'm bringing in an uncle and a couple of old neighbours to watch the game, I know I'll probably get in trouble for having more than 3 people from 3 different households but so be it, our county board didn't seem to take that into account when deciding this but I understand our teams need the money as well."
Ah a bit of common sense all round, I was talking to an older lemon recently and he was telling me he has experienced "social distancing" twice in his lifetime, he said there was similar regulations in place around the TB days, it wasn't called social distancing but it was the same washing hands, standing back and even drinking tea from jam jars outside of the house and breaking the glass after.. and the sentence was 100 weeks in edenbourne simple as that.

He was also telling me that a similar flu was there in 57 and it is commonly said that those what got the 57 blast of that virus may be immune to this current outbreak.... but back to the game online ya agree if we can bring the game to them for an hour or so it would be great as long ages miss the game massively and even discussing it in two's and three's could go a long way..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 19/09/2020 11:48:26    2293011

Link

Lads did ye hear the great news about Tony Brosnan? He actually will be available to Kerry for both league and championship as it was a collapsed lung and not a punctured lung as reported. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at county level.

Also saw in the Kerrys Eye new players have been brought into the panel. I wonder who could have been brought in? Joe O'Connor of Stacks, Dan O'Donoghue of East Kerry and Mike Breen of Mid Kerry are the only possibilities that I can think of who could be good enough.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 19/09/2020 13:45:30    2293023

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Lads did ye hear the great news about Tony Brosnan? He actually will be available to Kerry for both league and championship as it was a collapsed lung and not a punctured lung as reported. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at county level.

Also saw in the Kerrys Eye new players have been brought into the panel. I wonder who could have been brought in? Joe O'Connor of Stacks, Dan O'Donoghue of East Kerry and Mike Breen of Mid Kerry are the only possibilities that I can think of who could be good enough."
Excellent news regarding young Brosnsn, of what I've seen Joe O'Connor has been impressive as has Mike Breen, Liam Carey too looks to be injury free, Young Sean Quilter looks impressive but many more U20 time would help develop.. of East Kerry Paudie has still to kick an inter county ball, Dara Roche what age is he.... . Still though great news on Tony Brosnan

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 19/09/2020 20:22:18    2293069

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Lads did ye hear the great news about Tony Brosnan? He actually will be available to Kerry for both league and championship as it was a collapsed lung and not a punctured lung as reported. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at county level.

Also saw in the Kerrys Eye new players have been brought into the panel. I wonder who could have been brought in? Joe O'Connor of Stacks, Dan O'Donoghue of East Kerry and Mike Breen of Mid Kerry are the only possibilities that I can think of who could be good enough."
Excellent news regarding young Brosnsn, of what I've seen Joe O'Connor has been impressive as has Mike Breen, Liam Carey too looks to be injury free, Young Sean Quilter looks impressive but many more U20 time would help develop.. of East Kerry Paudie has still to kick an inter county ball, Dara Roche what age is he.... . Still though great news on Tony Brosnan

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 19/09/2020 20:22:29    2293070

Link

That's great news and delighted for Tony too. Did nt hear but we need a few new faces to push on especially at the back and maybe a half forward slot

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 19/09/2020 20:42:21    2293074

Link