Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To TheHermit:  "Anyone going to attempt to actually go to any of the club games coming up?"
I'm humming and haa-ing about it the hermit although I think il give everything a miss for this year, I deserve a break for 1 year supporting club and county.

Il tare into it again in the new year.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 21/07/2020 15:17:33    2284761

Link

I'm tempted to wander over the road to the north Kerry Junior clash of Duagh and Moyvane - it's only a short wander and being a local enough of a derby could be a feisty one.....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 21/07/2020 22:09:43    2284810

Link

I see another thread ruined on the main forum...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 22/07/2020 22:28:21    2284930

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I see another thread ruined on the main forum..."
It's a bit of a cesspit. It was a great place to talk ball and banter in the past but nobody from Kerry can post anything now without the trolls jumping down their throats.

They must be lost without the red thumbs when they are creeping on this page

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1960 - 23/07/2020 22:11:35    2285075

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "It's a bit of a cesspit. It was a great place to talk ball and banter in the past but nobody from Kerry can post anything now without the trolls jumping down their throats.

They must be lost without the red thumbs when they are creeping on this page"
Yerra it's been going that way for years. When I first came on here I remember posting something positive about Kerry's prospects for the Championship and they were off.
But one lad who was a veteran on there replied saying not to take too much offence. He said the Kilkenny posters got the same crap and that's why there's no Kilkenny posters on the forum.
It makes sense, I rarely if ever see a Kilkenny poster and sure bar Kingdomboy fighting the good fight, who else of us is even bothered with it. I'd scan it about once a week this stage and that's all.

The worst is that all you do now is get dragged into rows with trolls instead of being able to chat football. A Kerry poster can't give any opinion on anything without the Dubs and their lackeys/allias going to town.

Still at least we have this

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 24/07/2020 09:30:09    2285090

Link

Dr Crokes doing their usual.

Senans are doing an audio commentary through their Facebook page for tomorrow's game with Emmett's Horse, in case your interested in thinking in.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 24/07/2020 23:14:04    2285209

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yerra it's been going that way for years. When I first came on here I remember posting something positive about Kerry's prospects for the Championship and they were off.
But one lad who was a veteran on there replied saying not to take too much offence. He said the Kilkenny posters got the same crap and that's why there's no Kilkenny posters on the forum.
It makes sense, I rarely if ever see a Kilkenny poster and sure bar Kingdomboy fighting the good fight, who else of us is even bothered with it. I'd scan it about once a week this stage and that's all.

The worst is that all you do now is get dragged into rows with trolls instead of being able to chat football. A Kerry poster can't give any opinion on anything without the Dubs and their lackeys/allias going to town.

Still at least we have this"
Thanks the hermit, Kingdomboy stands for thruth justice and the kerry way :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 25/07/2020 08:36:20    2285222

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yerra it's been going that way for years. When I first came on here I remember posting something positive about Kerry's prospects for the Championship and they were off.

Still at least we have this"
Thanks the hermit, Kingdomboy stands for thruth justice and the kerry way :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 25/07/2020 08:41:50    2285223

Link

I rarely stick the head above the radar on the main forum, did so last night but its becoming a mine field best avoided these days - i genuinely can't see it surviving with the current format

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 25/07/2020 09:55:17    2285232

Link

I see a lot of bodies that had knocks over the early stages of the league, I see from the match programmes online that the majority if not all of the Kerry panel lined out at the weekend.

Players like Crowley, Paudie Clifford, Burns, Jack Sherwood, Diarmuid O'Connor , Dara Moynihan, both Spillanes even Glenflesk's Daniel O'Brien.

Read that Tommy and Stephen O'Brien retired early with knocks but by in large PK and Co Mush bee happy, as far I can see only Tadgh was the notable absentee at the weekend.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 28/07/2020 20:39:33    2285621

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I see a lot of bodies that had knocks over the early stages of the league, I see from the match programmes online that the majority if not all of the Kerry panel lined out at the weekend.

Players like Crowley, Paudie Clifford, Burns, Jack Sherwood, Diarmuid O'Connor , Dara Moynihan, both Spillanes even Glenflesk's Daniel O'Brien.

Read that Tommy and Stephen O'Brien retired early with knocks but by in large PK and Co Mush bee happy, as far I can see only Tadgh was the notable absentee at the weekend."
And Mush as well horse.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 28/07/2020 21:44:05    2285628

Link

How did JOD get on last week those anyone know?
Must get on the link to watch the two matches this weekend.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 30/07/2020 22:15:26    2285908

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "How did JOD get on last week those anyone know?
Must get on the link to watch the two matches this weekend."
"James O'Donoghue put in a huge shift - he was undoubtedly the player of the game - and he was feeling it by the end. He was forced off towards the very end with what appeared to be a hamstring problem and it goes without saying that Legion will need him at or at least approaching his best against Dingle."

By Adam Moynihan in the Killarney Advertiser. Hopefully he will be able to line out again this weekend.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 31/07/2020 12:13:39    2285950

Link

It would be great to have James back firing on all cylinders. The first league game gave us a taste of an inside line of James, DC and Paul, a serious trio inside.

But ya it looked like everyone was showing form, pity about Stephen and Tommy's withdrawal but hopefully nothing major.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 31/07/2020 17:29:58    2285991

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "It would be great to have James back firing on all cylinders. The first league game gave us a taste of an inside line of James, DC and Paul, a serious trio inside.

But ya it looked like everyone was showing form, pity about Stephen and Tommy's withdrawal but hopefully nothing major."
Ya horse we say the same thing about jod every year but the man is made of glass, unfortunately for him and us as a county.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 31/07/2020 20:42:57    2285999

Link

How are ye all going lads ? It's an awful long aul winter isn't it ? What do ye make of this lark with the All Ireland being played just before Christmas? Will there even be one at this stage now that the numbers are on the rise again ?

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1648 - 03/08/2020 10:44:40    2286206

Link

"But I reckon I found a new Kerry defender - in Dublin.

The best defensive display I witnessed last weekend came from Kerry-native Jack McGuire, who gave a masterclass for St Jude's.

A Sigerson Cup winner, he was briefly on the Kerry squad when Éamonn Fitzmaurice was in charge.

He is tall, athletic and physical - and didn't give Dublin's All-Ireland medal winner Conor McHugh a look-in. He has all the attributes needed to be a top-class county-standard defender."

Interesting from Pat Spillane's column. Anyone seen much of the former Listowel club man?

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 03/08/2020 22:11:47    2286258

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  ""But I reckon I found a new Kerry defender - in Dublin.

The best defensive display I witnessed last weekend came from Kerry-native Jack McGuire, who gave a masterclass for St Jude's.

A Sigerson Cup winner, he was briefly on the Kerry squad when Éamonn Fitzmaurice was in charge.

He is tall, athletic and physical - and didn't give Dublin's All-Ireland medal winner Conor McHugh a look-in. He has all the attributes needed to be a top-class county-standard defender."

Interesting from Pat Spillane's column. Anyone seen much of the former Listowel club man?"
I read that alright, Maguire is he listowel or bally Longford?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 04/08/2020 07:50:55    2286273

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  ""But I reckon I found a new Kerry defender - in Dublin.

Interesting from Pat Spillane's column. Anyone seen much of the former Listowel club man?"
Was it not his brother Brian McGuire that was on the panel in Fitz's time?

Watched Fossa's game online, jez DC is some player but in that game kerry hurler Jordan Conway had some outing at centre back

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 04/08/2020 08:49:37    2286275

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Was it not his brother Brian McGuire that was on the panel in Fitz's time?

Watched Fossa's game online, jez DC is some player but in that game kerry hurler Jordan Conway had some outing at centre back"
Who was Conway playing for horse?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 04/08/2020 10:08:51    2286286

Link