Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Yes I did say that and I stand by what I said, dublin will win the allireland so what's that got to do with my post above?

What do you think of the dubs cheating and training during the training ban?"
This : If our midfield and centre back problems don't get addressed and sorted in this league then we will not win the allireland in my opinion. So you obviously think Kerry might win the all ireland if the above is sorted -:)
What do you think of Cork and Monaghan training during the training ban ? -:)
I think they were all at it actually .

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 09/05/2021 23:35:27    2340828

Link

So FYI, I passed McCool park yesterday and Donegal played Mayo in a challenge match yesterday, spoke to one of those inside and they tell me it was two fairly strong teams and a very close game......any word have Kerry played any challenges and if so how are they motoring?

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 134 - 10/05/2021 08:39:07    2340849

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "This : If our midfield and centre back problems don't get addressed and sorted in this league then we will not win the allireland in my opinion. So you obviously think Kerry might win the all ireland if the above is sorted -:)
What do you think of Cork and Monaghan training during the training ban ? -:)
I think they were all at it actually ."
Oh ya sure we're over flowing with top class centre backs and midfielders in kerry at the minute.

And where is your proof that everyone was training? Come on now and show it?

What did you make of the con O'Callaghan interview 2 days before ye were caught cheating when he was telling lies about looking forward to going back to training in the following days and meeting up with his friends in the squad? That reflects very badly on con the dublin.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 10/05/2021 10:41:38    2340875

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "So FYI, I passed McCool park yesterday and Donegal played Mayo in a challenge match yesterday, spoke to one of those inside and they tell me it was two fairly strong teams and a very close game......any word have Kerry played any challenges and if so how are they motoring?"
No Kerry haven't played any challenge match yet as far as I know only A V B games,

We'll be goin in cold against Galway on Saturday, we've only played 3 games in the last 14 months and it's 6 and a half months since our last game.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 10/05/2021 11:23:53    2340888

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Oh ya sure we're over flowing with top class centre backs and midfielders in kerry at the minute.

And where is your proof that everyone was training? Come on now and show it?

What did you make of the con O'Callaghan interview 2 days before ye were caught cheating when he was telling lies about looking forward to going back to training in the following days and meeting up with his friends in the squad? That reflects very badly on con the dublin."
And were is your proof that Con was training ? Come on now show it ?

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 10/05/2021 23:58:46    2341031

Link

I'm a bit surprised on reading this. I thought the book would have been thrown as them, as a way of setting good examples. After all, they are such role models, doing so much good!

" Members of the Dublin GAA football squad who took part in a secret training session have escaped fines for breaching Covid-19 restrictions.

A Garda investigation into the workout, which took place while the country was under Level 5 lockdown, has concluded without any fines being issued.

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has also decided there will be no action taken against any organisers of the gathering."

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 11/05/2021 03:25:05    2341035

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "I'm a bit surprised on reading this. I thought the book would have been thrown as them, as a way of setting good examples. After all, they are such role models, doing so much good!

" Members of the Dublin GAA football squad who took part in a secret training session have escaped fines for breaching Covid-19 restrictions.

A Garda investigation into the workout, which took place while the country was under Level 5 lockdown, has concluded without any fines being issued.

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has also decided there will be no action taken against any organisers of the gathering.""
Where does it mention Con was one of the Members ?

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 11/05/2021 11:32:16    2341074

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "Where does it mention Con was one of the Members ?"
I never said Con was. And from the photo that circulated of the 9 at the time, I didn't seem to recognize Con in it.

I wasn't replying to your post per se, superblue. I was posting in general about how I'm surprised that no charges were brought. If it had happened to poor Kerry, I'd say they'd have been done!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 11/05/2021 11:40:31    2341076

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "I never said Con was. And from the photo that circulated of the 9 at the time, I didn't seem to recognize Con in it.

I wasn't replying to your post per se, superblue. I was posting in general about how I'm surprised that no charges were brought. If it had happened to poor Kerry, I'd say they'd have been done!"
Well now in fairness , a precedent had been set with Cork and Down.

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 11/05/2021 12:17:34    2341090

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "Well now in fairness , a precedent had been set with Cork and Down."
The DPP has not jurisdiction over Down. The Cork incident happened when the guidelines were kind of in between, so it wouldn't take a good lawyer to muddy the waters.

When the Dubs broke the regulations, the restrictions were clear and known across the whole country.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 11/05/2021 12:35:08    2341092

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "The DPP has not jurisdiction over Down. The Cork incident happened when the guidelines were kind of in between, so it wouldn't take a good lawyer to muddy the waters.

When the Dubs broke the regulations, the restrictions were clear and known across the whole country."
And Monaghan ?Or is this just a Dubs thing ?-:)

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 11/05/2021 12:45:15    2341093

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "And Monaghan ?Or is this just a Dubs thing ?-:)"
Not just the Dubs, of course. Yes, Monaghan, too. But no word has come out yet as to whether they will be prosecuted or not! That's why I didn't mention them. I think the phrase is, the matter is still sub judice!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 11/05/2021 13:13:51    2341103

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "And Monaghan ?Or is this just a Dubs thing ?-:)"
Kerry were fair and square about things!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40286120.html

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 11/05/2021 14:17:54    2341112

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Kerry were fair and square about things!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40286120.html"
Indeed , and they will be rewarded with winning the senior All Ire 2021 !

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 11/05/2021 14:49:04    2341122

Link

Hold on now, let me get this straight. Are you seriously saying that you think the entire Dublin squad was not involved in illegal training during the height of Covid restrictions.

Are you seriously arguing that this was just some rouge 9 with a backroom coach and that the rest of the squad were not off in 2-3 other locations doing the exact same thing?

I know the Dubs on Hoganstand have long proven totally incapable of taking off the jersey on anything but Christ!

Do you know your Napoleonic history? Ever hear the story of Wellington promoting one of his rank and file the night before Waterloo? ;D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 11/05/2021 19:39:30    2341159

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Hold on now, let me get this straight. Are you seriously saying that you think the entire Dublin squad was not involved in illegal training during the height of Covid restrictions.

Are you seriously arguing that this was just some rouge 9 with a backroom coach and that the rest of the squad were not off in 2-3 other locations doing the exact same thing?

I know the Dubs on Hoganstand have long proven totally incapable of taking off the jersey on anything but Christ!

Do you know your Napoleonic history? Ever hear the story of Wellington promoting one of his rank and file the night before Waterloo? ;D"
Where does it mention Con was one of the Members ?

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 11/05/2021 23:07:21    2341192

Link

Sir, I doff my hat. You have chosen your hill upon which to fight and die and I know better than to rage against the forces a mind like yours possesses. For what can it profit anyone to engage with a wild man screaming the blue sky is black ;)

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 12/05/2021 10:24:45    2341220

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Sir, I doff my hat. You have chosen your hill upon which to fight and die and I know better than to rage against the forces a mind like yours possesses. For what can it profit anyone to engage with a wild man screaming the blue sky is black ;)"
So it doesn't mention Con was training with that group , thank you Sir -:)

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 12/05/2021 10:52:42    2341230

Link

Would it be wrong or in order to create a thread and call it b*t*hfest. .. then those who want to engage is such activities can use this thread....

Therefore leaving the rest of the page free for actual genuine fans to engage in haa discussion.... yes? No? Maybe?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 12/05/2021 11:56:46    2341243

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Would it be wrong or in order to create a thread and call it b*t*hfest. .. then those who want to engage is such activities can use this thread....

Therefore leaving the rest of the page free for actual genuine fans to engage in haa discussion.... yes? No? Maybe?"
Agreed Horse. I come on here to check on things Kerry. I've lived with ye before, so am naturally interested in yer footballing.

But very often when I come on here, I learn more about Dublin. Some lads just can't let things lie. And the same lads when their depth of knowledge about, of all things, Kerry football is drawn out a little bit, is shown to be quite superficial.

So, let's strictly focus on footballing matters during the coming league and championship. I'm all for that, Horse.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 12/05/2021 12:19:14    2341248

Link