Down Forum

Where Is Down Footballers Going Wrong

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Newmitch:  "Good win for Down, wasn't at the game. Good to see an improved scoring rate and nice to see Connaire Harrison back and scoring. We were well on top at halftime, wonder did Down have wind assistance, sounds like a feisty game as McKernan and Flynn were blackcarded. Promotion is in our own hands now I think, hopefully another two wins and we're in the second division and the All Ireland."
Yes big wind in our favour first half Newmitch and heard both black cards were soft enough. Did anyone hear if O'Hagan and O'Hare were injured?

AnDunCeanada (Down) - Posts: 90 - 02/03/2020 19:25:13    2271772

Link

Replying To AnDunCeanada:  "Yes big wind in our favour first half Newmitch and heard both black cards were soft enough. Did anyone hear if O'Hagan and O'Hare were injured?"
I think I read in the Irish News that Paddy Tally said Donal O'Hare injured himself at work when he knelt down to do something, doesn't sound too serious, and Darren O'Hagan felt a bit of muscle tightness or strain in training and his absence was precautionary.

Newmitch (Down) - Posts: 53 - 03/03/2020 22:20:44    2272079

Link

Just seen the article on Down u21s 2009. We were very unlucky to loose this the final to cork. That was our last ulster title at underage and Just looking at the team that day ,only 3 or 4 of these lads went on to play regularly for down in the years after.

G Joyce; M Digney, C Murney, D Turley; T Hanna (1-0), J Fitzpatrick, J Murphy; M Magee, P Fitzpatrick (0-2); E Toner (1-0), C Maginn, J O'Reilly; P Devlin (0-3, 3f), P McComiskey (0-4, 2f), C Poland. Subs: N Higgins for Digney (46).

downtothecore (Down) - Posts: 298 - 04/05/2020 19:56:07    2277480

Link