Dublin Forum

NFL

(Oldest Posts First)

Greetings from north county Dublin. 2 questions.....we happy with the league so far and more importantly, where is Clon these days?

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3976 - 10/02/2020 11:15:11    2266736

Link

O Callaghan was injured in a Sigerson game. He'll probaly be back for Dublin after the break.
Where is Connolly? . Thought he'd need game time to get back in as a starter. Or is he injured too?

FoolsGold (Cavan) - Posts: 2216 - 10/02/2020 13:51:32    2266789

Link

Replying To FoolsGold:  "O Callaghan was injured in a Sigerson game. He'll probaly be back for Dublin after the break.
Where is Connolly? . Thought he'd need game time to get back in as a starter. Or is he injured too?"
Haha no I meant the poster Clondalkin :) he has not been around for a while. I knew about Con but not sure where Connolly is. Some of the lads are on extended breaks so maybe he is too.

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3976 - 10/02/2020 16:02:32    2266843

Link

Replying To Jackeen:  "Greetings from north county Dublin. 2 questions.....we happy with the league so far and more importantly, where is Clon these days?"
If I could describe an image that encapsulates what Dublin GAA 2020 feels like so far for me its thus....

The sun shone its golden glow, but its setting and the day is turning to dusk, the extreme temperatures of the day dissipate and it starts to get cooler. I've just finished the washing up. Our visitors have gone, the party has ended. The kids sleep and the wife relaxes in the bath. I pour myself a small glass of my white wine and step out into the porch and sit on my chair, I look out on the horizon with an overwhelming feeling of zen. Life is good. I sit there with my thoughts and I smile to myself as I appreciate the memories of the day, I feel blessed and extremely lucky. I realise that In all likelihood, it cant get any better than this and I'm absolutely ok with that, because spending just one second at that highest of highs is one second more than most people will ever experience and I know I'm one of the lucky ones. When I'm finished my glass of wine, ill go to bed, Ill go to sleep, I'll wake up tomorrow not knowing what challenges lie ahead or how ill deal with them, but I do know I'll wake up with the memories of Yesterday and there is a certain comfort in that

So, how does this tie in with answering the question with regards Dublin and my happiness with things so far ?

For me, and I can only speak from a purely personal point of view, Watching Dublin in 2020 is like that dusk evening. I've lived my perfect day. I know it doesn't get better than this. I know tomorrow could be a really brilliant day, I know I can have many more great days, And I likely will, but ill never have *that* day again. I was alive to see Dublin win 5-in-a-row. I can metaphorically lift my glass up to the sky while sitting on the chair in my porch, smile and say, We did it!

That may sound like I'm writing off the rest of the year, or that I'm being slightly negative about the era ahead, On the contrary, I'm really excited about the future under Dessie Farrell. There are already lots of positive things I've seen (some negatives too but feck frowning, life is great), I'm just ready now to close the chapter on Jim Gavin and the last 5 years and move on - And part of that moving on is to fully appreciate what we lived in the first place.

So me - 2020 - How i feel watching these lads ? Honestly I'm at that Zen point. I'm calm. I'm relaxed, I'm totally at ease. No stresses. No panics. No worries. No issues, No pressures. No frustrations - Just an unreal feeling of what will be, will be.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13574 - 11/02/2020 12:29:39    2267028

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "If I could describe an image that encapsulates what Dublin GAA 2020 feels like so far for me its thus....

The sun shone its golden glow, but its setting and the day is turning to dusk, the extreme temperatures of the day dissipate and it starts to get cooler. I've just finished the washing up. Our visitors have gone, the party has ended. The kids sleep and the wife relaxes in the bath. I pour myself a small glass of my white wine and step out into the porch and sit on my chair, I look out on the horizon with an overwhelming feeling of zen. Life is good. I sit there with my thoughts and I smile to myself as I appreciate the memories of the day, I feel blessed and extremely lucky. I realise that In all likelihood, it cant get any better than this and I'm absolutely ok with that, because spending just one second at that highest of highs is one second more than most people will ever experience and I know I'm one of the lucky ones. When I'm finished my glass of wine, ill go to bed, Ill go to sleep, I'll wake up tomorrow not knowing what challenges lie ahead or how ill deal with them, but I do know I'll wake up with the memories of Yesterday and there is a certain comfort in that

So, how does this tie in with answering the question with regards Dublin and my happiness with things so far ?

For me, and I can only speak from a purely personal point of view, Watching Dublin in 2020 is like that dusk evening. I've lived my perfect day. I know it doesn't get better than this. I know tomorrow could be a really brilliant day, I know I can have many more great days, And I likely will, but ill never have *that* day again. I was alive to see Dublin win 5-in-a-row. I can metaphorically lift my glass up to the sky while sitting on the chair in my porch, smile and say, We did it!

That may sound like I'm writing off the rest of the year, or that I'm being slightly negative about the era ahead, On the contrary, I'm really excited about the future under Dessie Farrell. There are already lots of positive things I've seen (some negatives too but feck frowning, life is great), I'm just ready now to close the chapter on Jim Gavin and the last 5 years and move on - And part of that moving on is to fully appreciate what we lived in the first place.

So me - 2020 - How i feel watching these lads ? Honestly I'm at that Zen point. I'm calm. I'm relaxed, I'm totally at ease. No stresses. No panics. No worries. No issues, No pressures. No frustrations - Just an unreal feeling of what will be, will be."
Change the glass of white for a glass of red and I could have written that post myself! I find myself in the same position. Nothing will surpass 2011 or 2019 or everything in between Even if we do manage to sneak it this year. History was made and I was there to see it. *walks off to sound of hamlet cigar ad music :)

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3976 - 11/02/2020 13:19:17    2267051

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "If I could describe an image that encapsulates what Dublin GAA 2020 feels like so far for me its thus....

So me - 2020 - How i feel watching these lads ? Honestly I'm at that Zen point. I'm calm. I'm relaxed, I'm totally at ease. No stresses. No panics. No worries. No issues, No pressures. No frustrations - Just an unreal feeling of what will be, will be."
Great post Waynol, hard to top the wisdom in that! ;)

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 11/02/2020 18:15:25    2267116

Link