Sligo Forum

Sligo 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Taylor just has to walk after that result today. For the good of Sligo football. Clueless

republican (Sligo) - Posts: 275 - 22/02/2020 15:51:19    2269020

Link

11 pts to 7 up with 20 mins to go and lose to Waterford at home 2-12 to 0-16, conceding 2-5 in 20 mins to Waterford at home. It sounded like they had a few more goal chances, so the Sligo of 2019 are back. I know we were down to 14 men last 8 mins but still, the warning signs were there. Waterford had not won a game coming in. Disaster.

Taylor has decisions to make, it sounded like we were all over the place in defence, the word panic was used in commentary a lot. When you cannot stop runners from deep against Waterford forget about, Dylan Guiry no 11 seemed a thorn in our side. There needs to be change, either the players' aren't good enough and/or there are attitude issues. Clearly, we have both and the Management doesn't get a free pass either, Taylor has us for over a year and training since November so plenty of time to have us in position to win this game and be better.

Think of all decent underage teams we have had the last few years since 2015, all that so-called great hard work being done and this is where we are at, really????? The Club Sligo launch will be awkward.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 22/02/2020 16:09:22    2269023

Link

must be the shortest year ever ,all over in February, bring 2021

Timmy86 (Sligo) - Posts: 164 - 23/02/2020 08:59:17    2269199

Link

Replying To Timmy86:  "must be the shortest year ever ,all over in February, bring 2021"
This is a leap year , so it's longer.
It's all the fault of the Cumann na mBunscoill , these games at halftime have gone to the heads of all those fellas that have come through the system. They think it's the real thing. Well the days of a ref carrying a tissue in his pocket to clean your nose if you get a rap or dry your tears if you ,God forbid, get hurt in front of your parents are well and truly over, but some of what's playing now don't seem to have got the message. Anyway as long as the club standard is deteriorating, the county team cannot improve. Enough of messages have been posted down the years protesting about the club set up , particularly the championship, and the County Board have ignored every good suggestion. Once more , what will improve the standard of County footballer is a meaningful senior and intermediate championship, where there is only one chance to get back in after a defeat. How it is structured I don't mind ,but having two or three meaningless matches, most played on a Sat evening or Sun morning in front of a handful of spectators is ruining the game in Sligo. The measure of that is the performance of the County champions in all grades in the Connacht championship.

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 213 - 23/02/2020 11:20:15    2269226

Link

Replying To Maggiepie:  "This is a leap year , so it's longer.
It's all the fault of the Cumann na mBunscoill , these games at halftime have gone to the heads of all those fellas that have come through the system. They think it's the real thing. Well the days of a ref carrying a tissue in his pocket to clean your nose if you get a rap or dry your tears if you ,God forbid, get hurt in front of your parents are well and truly over, but some of what's playing now don't seem to have got the message. Anyway as long as the club standard is deteriorating, the county team cannot improve. Enough of messages have been posted down the years protesting about the club set up , particularly the championship, and the County Board have ignored every good suggestion. Once more , what will improve the standard of County footballer is a meaningful senior and intermediate championship, where there is only one chance to get back in after a defeat. How it is structured I don't mind ,but having two or three meaningless matches, most played on a Sat evening or Sun morning in front of a handful of spectators is ruining the game in Sligo. The measure of that is the performance of the County champions in all grades in the Connacht championship."
Underage player's need football all year round. There will be no football before Paddy's Day and it's normally all over the first week of Sept bar you get to a final. That's only 6 months. Maybe we need to look at something like a winter league and maybe join up with Leitrim and run the competition over more clubs so you haven't constant repetitive games in Sligo against the same opposition. That there was only one minor team from a little below Achonry creamery right down to Sligo and including all Carrowroe speaks volumes for the demise of football. Correct me if I am wrong but that team was only fit for C Competition.There are people involved with Co Underage setups who are getting paid and are answerable to no one it seems.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 841 - 23/02/2020 12:48:38    2269258

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Underage player's need football all year round. There will be no football before Paddy's Day and it's normally all over the first week of Sept bar you get to a final. That's only 6 months. Maybe we need to look at something like a winter league and maybe join up with Leitrim and run the competition over more clubs so you haven't constant repetitive games in Sligo against the same opposition. That there was only one minor team from a little below Achonry creamery right down to Sligo and including all Carrowroe speaks volumes for the demise of football. Correct me if I am wrong but that team was only fit for C Competition.There are people involved with Co Underage setups who are getting paid and are answerable to no one it seems."
Not often I agree with you but you are 100% correct on this.

NewSligofan (Sligo) - Posts: 238 - 23/02/2020 13:25:57    2269266

Link

it's funny to, 100s of thousands spent on a "centre"of excellence ,that we were told would bring us to the next level ,,,,,someone should have asked was it a level up or down

Timmy86 (Sligo) - Posts: 164 - 24/02/2020 10:06:16    2269605

Link

Timmy, you are alluding to the issue indirectly in a sense. The hope with the centre of excellence was to create a success-driven mentality and create a culture of excellence and expecting to win against anybody which would result in Connacht titles at all levels.

For me, I look at the previous posts and it worries me because ye are all far closer to it than me, and the list of reasons for me suggests you still don't get it- the manager, the club championship, underage playing all year round...

Take a step back for a second, even though I agree with on all those reason we could improve on but was Saturdays team good enough to beat Waterford despite all your reasons. For me yes.

The mindset and attitude of the players for me is the no1 thing that needs to change. If we got a top manager tomorrow it would change the mindset of the players so the selection of Taylor is linked here. He did not get a positive reaction from the players on his comments which suggests he's lost the dressing room. But the problem is the mindset of players. We beat Antrim who are better than Waterford, we didn't get opened up down the middle against them but the only difference between that game and Wicklow and Waterford was the Players mindset, not the manager, the club championship etc.....

After Wicklow
"It's a desire to win and it's work rate and it's hunger and it's discipline as well and Wicklow had that in buckets and we were just below the level we needed to be," said Taylor.

Taylor is an easy-going and nice guy and he's saying this but clearly he's getting tougher.

I have been involved with Players outside of Sligo and teams and the attitude is different. You never have to worry about work-rate, desire, hunger, its something that's guaranteed in most cases. With Sligo it's never guaranteed because they either get too cocky or don't believe in themselves and hide.

The next Sligo team that gets to a Connacht final and is in a winning position has overcome tradition and our culture and be able to handle the pressure to get us over the line. We seen some of our great teams fail because of mindset, Taylor missed a 15 yard free in 97 and we only believed that day with 5 mins to go, Sean Davey missed a 20 yard free in 2007 but we scrapped over the line but I can forgive a Sligo team for lacking belief not for being overconfident. In 2010 you saw the opposite we got cocky but the only thing is we had a Mayoman in Costello who had a different mindset because he's not from Sligo so he turned up and nearly got us over the line.

I once had a Sligo player come up to me in Toffs, and say I was right in what I said about work-rate. He said he would let other players tackle for him. So he would put out an arm knowing the defender is going to break the tackle and let him go. I just said to him I already knew. Any player who tackles this way and isn't using his full body to slow a player down is just pretend tackling.

If we had the correct mindset and attitude against Wicklow and Waterford do we win? Yes or No. There's your answer. There's the difference between 8 pts and 4pts. Promotion and staying in Div4.

Don't get me wrong if Taylor starts the same team with the same lack of pace against Wexford he deserves to be sacked and it will be interesting to see how do last 3 games because its a tough run-in. I'd imagine his days are numbered and try not to look at Galway's results is all I'll say.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 24/02/2020 19:26:32    2269851

Link

I just watched League Sunday, is it true Waterford traveled up on the day and only had 19 fit players? It's about 5/6 hours on a bus. I did not think it could look worse but I was wrong.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 25/02/2020 07:35:29    2269950

Link

RTE corrected themselves later after the hurling, Waterford traveled the day before, someone must have got on to RTE.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 25/02/2020 08:09:13    2269952

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "RTE corrected themselves later after the hurling, Waterford traveled the day before, someone must have got on to RTE."
feeew it have been embarrassing otherwise

Timmy86 (Sligo) - Posts: 164 - 25/02/2020 10:02:29    2269982

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "Underage player's need football all year round. There will be no football before Paddy's Day and it's normally all over the first week of Sept bar you get to a final. That's only 6 months. Maybe we need to look at something like a winter league and maybe join up with Leitrim and run the competition over more clubs so you haven't constant repetitive games in Sligo against the same opposition. That there was only one minor team from a little below Achonry creamery right down to Sligo and including all Carrowroe speaks volumes for the demise of football. Correct me if I am wrong but that team was only fit for C Competition.There are people involved with Co Underage setups who are getting paid and are answerable to no one it seems."
We can hardly get a pitch playable. How would that work?
And talking to young fellas, I don;t think there would be a demand for it

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 25/02/2020 17:18:56    2270133

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "RTE corrected themselves later after the hurling, Waterford traveled the day before, someone must have got on to RTE."
They did have 19 players I hear or is that not true either?

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 25/02/2020 17:21:49    2270136

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "Timmy, you are alluding to the issue indirectly in a sense. The hope with the centre of excellence was to create a success-driven mentality and create a culture of excellence and expecting to win against anybody which would result in Connacht titles at all levels.

For me, I look at the previous posts and it worries me because ye are all far closer to it than me, and the list of reasons for me suggests you still don't get it- the manager, the club championship, underage playing all year round...

Take a step back for a second, even though I agree with on all those reason we could improve on but was Saturdays team good enough to beat Waterford despite all your reasons. For me yes.

The mindset and attitude of the players for me is the no1 thing that needs to change. If we got a top manager tomorrow it would change the mindset of the players so the selection of Taylor is linked here. He did not get a positive reaction from the players on his comments which suggests he's lost the dressing room. But the problem is the mindset of players. We beat Antrim who are better than Waterford, we didn't get opened up down the middle against them but the only difference between that game and Wicklow and Waterford was the Players mindset, not the manager, the club championship etc.....

After Wicklow
"It's a desire to win and it's work rate and it's hunger and it's discipline as well and Wicklow had that in buckets and we were just below the level we needed to be," said Taylor.

Taylor is an easy-going and nice guy and he's saying this but clearly he's getting tougher.

I have been involved with Players outside of Sligo and teams and the attitude is different. You never have to worry about work-rate, desire, hunger, its something that's guaranteed in most cases. With Sligo it's never guaranteed because they either get too cocky or don't believe in themselves and hide.

The next Sligo team that gets to a Connacht final and is in a winning position has overcome tradition and our culture and be able to handle the pressure to get us over the line. We seen some of our great teams fail because of mindset, Taylor missed a 15 yard free in 97 and we only believed that day with 5 mins to go, Sean Davey missed a 20 yard free in 2007 but we scrapped over the line but I can forgive a Sligo team for lacking belief not for being overconfident. In 2010 you saw the opposite we got cocky but the only thing is we had a Mayoman in Costello who had a different mindset because he's not from Sligo so he turned up and nearly got us over the line.

I once had a Sligo player come up to me in Toffs, and say I was right in what I said about work-rate. He said he would let other players tackle for him. So he would put out an arm knowing the defender is going to break the tackle and let him go. I just said to him I already knew. Any player who tackles this way and isn't using his full body to slow a player down is just pretend tackling.

If we had the correct mindset and attitude against Wicklow and Waterford do we win? Yes or No. There's your answer. There's the difference between 8 pts and 4pts. Promotion and staying in Div4.

Don't get me wrong if Taylor starts the same team with the same lack of pace against Wexford he deserves to be sacked and it will be interesting to see how do last 3 games because its a tough run-in. I'd imagine his days are numbered and try not to look at Galway's results is all I'll say."
It was an OK read until....
"I once had a Sligo player come up to me in Toffs, and say I was right in what I said about work-rate."

How close are you to the setup in 2020 that you know about the psychology of the team? Talking about what one of the old guard said full to the gills in Toffs is matterless. I'd go as far as to say it's absolute nonsense and you've serious value put on your own opinions. What has Taylor missing a free have to do with anything? Honestly...

Did you ever consider that Sligo are poor. Bloody poor bunch of players and yes possibly a poor manager in Taylor. All doing their very best but poor. Sitting in a poor division 4 league where everyone beats everyone because they all have the same problems. London and Waterford possibly the worst yes but not dramatically behind.

So who's to blame?
The GAA for the distribution of funding
The coaching work done in Sligo the past 15 years.
Inadequate S&C work done historically?
The deterioration of an absolute abysmal adult and underage club scene run with no interest from our County Board?
Management?
Player Belief (as you suggested)?
Local Clubs willingness to chase players down and hold onto them?
General interest in GAA?
The Governement for not having enough work in the West?
The parents in Sligo for not multiplying the population sufficiently
A missed free 23 years ago?

Possibly a combination of these things and more (which I'm sure we'll hear about). The truth is there has been dramatic change to this team and as I alluded to last year, things would get worse before they get better. Look at the overhaul of that team. Our best players are U22.
They are good lads but most of them wouldn't make the panel in 2000-2002. That's the fact here.

I'd be more worried in our U20 performance considering that looked a good U17 team in 2017. Why have we fallen off there? Will we continue to fall off into senior. Seems so

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 25/02/2020 17:36:11    2270139

Link

Replying To putyourfootunderit:  "It was an OK read until....
"I once had a Sligo player come up to me in Toffs, and say I was right in what I said about work-rate."

How close are you to the setup in 2020 that you know about the psychology of the team? Talking about what one of the old guard said full to the gills in Toffs is matterless. I'd go as far as to say it's absolute nonsense and you've serious value put on your own opinions. What has Taylor missing a free have to do with anything? Honestly...

Did you ever consider that Sligo are poor. Bloody poor bunch of players and yes possibly a poor manager in Taylor. All doing their very best but poor. Sitting in a poor division 4 league where everyone beats everyone because they all have the same problems. London and Waterford possibly the worst yes but not dramatically behind.

So who's to blame?
The deterioration of an absolute abysmal adult and underage club scene run with no interest from our County Board?
Management?
General interest in GAA?

Possibly a combination of these things and more (which I'm sure we'll hear about). The truth is there has been dramatic change to this team and as I alluded to last year, things would get worse before they get better. Look at the overhaul of that team. Our best players are U22.
They are good lads but most of them wouldn't make the panel in 2000-2002. That's the fact here.

I'd be more worried in our U20 performance considering that looked a good U17 team in 2017. Why have we fallen off there? Will we continue to fall off into senior. Seems so"
Excellent post with no b.s

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 841 - 25/02/2020 20:24:22    2270175

Link

So who's to blame?
Management?
General interest in GAA?

I'd be more worried in our U20 performance considering that looked a good U17 team in 2017. Why have we fallen off there? Will we continue to fall off into senior. Seems so"
It is true.

The Psychology of this team is clear from Taylor's comments. What more evidence do you need along with the results?

Mindset for is not just about Player belief, it's about having a resilient mind that doesn't change based on outside factors, that can handle pressure, that handle being favorites, you play to your own level not to your opposition. It means you bring the same attitude, desire, work rate maximizing your own level in each game no matter the opposition for the full duration. You never get cocky, complacent or overconfident and never overlook an opponent.

If our players had the right mindset we wouldn't be beating Antrim one week, losing to Wicklow and Waterford the next. You can say we have poor players because it gives the mindset issues a free pass.

My point about the past is pretty clear and I'm not going back and forth on this. There are countless examples of where our mindset is an issue, a huge amount of evidence consistently exists where if we had a stronger mindset we would have a lot more Connacht Titles at all levels.

I reckon if our mindset was right we would have at least 5 more Connacht titles 2 x senior 97, 10, 1 x u21 96 and 2 x minor 96, 98. Some maulings could have been avoided and a few more final appearances but some of the below we would have lost anyway.

96 minor final and U21 final
97 senior final
98 senior semi and minor final
00 senior semi - mindset although great galway team
01 league semi - 7 pts to 0 score up
02 senior final - mindset and team selection
10 senior final
13 v london away
15 senior final mayo mauling - mindset and tactics
16 v ros semi - 8 pts up at ht lose by 9
2016 - 2020 too many to mention - the whole of 2019

That's off the top of my head where the losses and extent of the maulings were more about mindset than anything else like the reasons you list above and obviously times changed and some reasons but the mindset for me the consistently overlooked factor. Our players are still running the same mind conditioning. So improving S&C will have positive impact and will help a lot against better teams but Waterford aren't better than us.

BTW I am not disagreeing with any of your reasons or the previous posters reasons but there are not the main reason we lost against Waterford is all I am saying. We've been here before and until we learn I repost this in 5 years' time.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1543 - 25/02/2020 21:55:41    2270199

Link

So who's to blame?
Management?
General interest in GAA?

Great post. Anyone attending league and club championship games in Sligo in recent years Vs those who attended or played in them in say 2000-2010 will see the how far the standard of player has dropped in the county. There are fellas 40 years old around this county who played back then who could slot back into their club teams now and be better than alot of what I see out there. How has this happened is the million dollar question. There are some great people on the ground in Sligo working in their clubs but as rural populations decline and more underage teams need to amalgamate to field the player pool is now shrinking badly. I understand its the same for places like Longford, Carlow, Waterford etc.

Coaching I don't know how it compares to say our neighbours, sure we now have full-time coaches (which weren't a thing 20 years ago really) but so do Ros, Mayo, Galway etc etc. Every county has them. You can have all the courses you want, all the S&C you want but in my mind unless young lads (and lassies) are out there in their garden practicing and playing with their brothers and friends you are going nowhere. Maybe this relates back to an apathy towards the GAA now in Sligo, vicious circle of the more we are unsuccessful the more we fall behind and the more we are unsuccessful....I know when we were young you couldn't keep us away from a game or training session, I'm working with the underage in my club and with the older age groups you'd nearly swear some of them were doing you a favor togging out. Of course there are still plenty mad for road but its a struggle with some lads who are potentially good footballers but not arsed, better things to do or perhaps parents uninterested or too busy to get them off their phone/XBox and to their club training/match. I also think though there are some clubs not doing enough where there is a population but their structure are poor and lads are more attracted to other sports because they are better organised and ran, that's not the kids fault.

In all honestly in the short term we are a Div 4 team, maybe changing the manager might improve things a bit yea and we might scrape into Div 3 next year but with the playing pool in the county the outlook is fairly poor. I agree there are some good young players and they need to be supported and hopefully will bring success down the road if they are. Anyone giving their time to b a county player deserves to be respected and not abused and I hope that will be the case. They are doing their best. Remember the night is darkest before the dawn!

maximus_1 (Sligo) - Posts: 17 - 26/02/2020 10:53:18    2270260

Link

Replying To maximus_1:  "Great post. Anyone attending league and club championship games in Sligo in recent years Vs those who attended or played in them in say 2000-2010 will see the how far the standard of player has dropped in the county. There are fellas 40 years old around this county who played back then who could slot back into their club teams now and be better than alot of what I see out there. How has this happened is the million dollar question. There are some great people on the ground in Sligo working in their clubs but as rural populations decline and more underage teams need to amalgamate to field the player pool is now shrinking badly. I understand its the same for places like Longford, Carlow, Waterford etc.

Coaching I don't know how it compares to say our neighbours, sure we now have full-time coaches (which weren't a thing 20 years ago really) but so do Ros, Mayo, Galway etc etc. Every county has them. You can have all the courses you want, all the S&C you want but in my mind unless young lads (and lassies) are out there in their garden practicing and playing with their brothers and friends you are going nowhere. Maybe this relates back to an apathy towards the GAA now in Sligo, vicious circle of the more we are unsuccessful the more we fall behind and the more we are unsuccessful....I know when we were young you couldn't keep us away from a game or training session, I'm working with the underage in my club and with the older age groups you'd nearly swear some of them were doing you a favor togging out. Of course there are still plenty mad for road but its a struggle with some lads who are potentially good footballers but not arsed, better things to do or perhaps parents uninterested or too busy to get them off their phone/XBox and to their club training/match. I also think though there are some clubs not doing enough where there is a population but their structure are poor and lads are more attracted to other sports because they are better organised and ran, that's not the kids fault.

In all honestly in the short term we are a Div 4 team, maybe changing the manager might improve things a bit yea and we might scrape into Div 3 next year but with the playing pool in the county the outlook is fairly poor. I agree there are some good young players and they need to be supported and hopefully will bring success down the road if they are. Anyone giving their time to b a county player deserves to be respected and not abused and I hope that will be the case. They are doing their best. Remember the night is darkest before the dawn!"
Nail on the head. Lads needing to be begged to come out. That's where the drop off really is. Is see in our own club, young fellas using every excuse in the book to miss training and games. No matter how enjoyable it's made...

I've managed groups lacking quality who loved being there and I can tell you, I'd take them a thousand times before I'd have the talented guys with no interest.

When I was in National School, I knew all about Sligo Football and dreamed of pulling on the black and white jersey. Never happened but I'm delighted to get behind them. Kids now seem more interested in everything but Sligo football. Needs to be addressed by the county board.

Out of interest, do the free tickets still get sent into the school?

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 26/02/2020 11:21:35    2270272

Link

Replying To Sligonian:  "It is true.

The Psychology of this team is clear from Taylor's comments. What more evidence do you need along with the results?

Mindset for is not just about Player belief, it's about having a resilient mind that doesn't change based on outside factors, that can handle pressure, that handle being favorites, you play to your own level not to your opposition. It means you bring the same attitude, desire, work rate maximizing your own level in each game no matter the opposition for the full duration. You never get cocky, complacent or overconfident and never overlook an opponent.

If our players had the right mindset we wouldn't be beating Antrim one week, losing to Wicklow and Waterford the next. You can say we have poor players because it gives the mindset issues a free pass.

My point about the past is pretty clear and I'm not going back and forth on this. There are countless examples of where our mindset is an issue, a huge amount of evidence consistently exists where if we had a stronger mindset we would have a lot more Connacht Titles at all levels.

I reckon if our mindset was right we would have at least 5 more Connacht titles 2 x senior 97, 10, 1 x u21 96 and 2 x minor 96, 98. Some maulings could have been avoided and a few more final appearances but some of the below we would have lost anyway.

96 minor final and U21 final
97 senior final
98 senior semi and minor final
00 senior semi - mindset although great galway team
01 league semi - 7 pts to 0 score up
02 senior final - mindset and team selection
10 senior final
13 v london away
15 senior final mayo mauling - mindset and tactics
16 v ros semi - 8 pts up at ht lose by 9
2016 - 2020 too many to mention - the whole of 2019

That's off the top of my head where the losses and extent of the maulings were more about mindset than anything else like the reasons you list above and obviously times changed and some reasons but the mindset for me the consistently overlooked factor. Our players are still running the same mind conditioning. So improving S&C will have positive impact and will help a lot against better teams but Waterford aren't better than us.

BTW I am not disagreeing with any of your reasons or the previous posters reasons but there are not the main reason we lost against Waterford is all I am saying. We've been here before and until we learn I repost this in 5 years' time."
If everyone had the same mindset, it would come down to talent alone. And guess what, we'd lose that battle as well.

For a man (or woman) who stated they are not close to the setup, you seem to have a great knowledge about the psychology levels in this current setup.

No point going back in time to tell us what could have been. Lord knows I wish I could go back in time myself and believe a bit more.

You can repost away in 5 years time. i'm not sure anyone will be taking any heed of you then either. Sligo will likely be dribbling between div 3 and 4 for the next 5 years and psychology (though playing a very small part) will not be the main reason for that.

If that was the case I could tell our struggling B' Minor team to go upto A' there and win it like good lads if I got their heads right. Wonderful lads and very proud of them but no more than our Sligo team, there isn't fairy dust I can sprinkle on them to make it happen. I bet if my list above was expanded, there are 20-30 reasons for decline.

My advice, set up a task force for proposals on best how to address them one at a time. Take it from there. There is no quick fix here.

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 26/02/2020 11:30:13    2270278

Link

Finally this forum moving away from blaming county board for all our woes. Was at both home games this year and not only was the crowd small, there were only a hand full of kids there. I can't understand this, why are clubs and coaches and patents not bringing kids to these games, it's free for kids. At D4 level the games will be close and still good entertainment for all U12. There will be more Sligo kids of Mayo parents in McHale park this weekend than there were Sligo kids in Markievicz last week. Very few clubs and individuals doing the grassroots work required to bring the standards up. As a kids coach I'm inundated with offers for courses from CB but the uptake from individuals is small.

MrUnderhill (Sligo) - Posts: 17 - 26/02/2020 14:08:30    2270311

Link