Louth Forum

Louth V Longford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To in_a_bind:  "Who do you recommend? Who is the great manager that will float us? Is there a willing list?"
No!and that's my point, we are not a high profile team, we are not gonna get a high profile manager, we have players who no doubt work hard in training but just are not at the level. But we need a manager who has to give Louth football a shake up.from the start of the GAA we were a proud footballing county up until the 1960's...since then we have gone downward spiral. Had some great 'players' since then but not great teams.look how poor Donegal were before Jim McGuinnes took over.then he immediately transformed them they won a few Ulsters and an All Ireland from nothing. A manager is what makes teams tick.

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 525 - 18/06/2017 22:39:48    2001463

Link

Replying To louthfan09:  "Gooch13 it may be a mickey mouse Leinster junior final but it affords lads the opportunity to play in croke park with their county that they might not get with their club or at a higher level with the county. The lads have been training with the junior set up like any other set up so why begrudge them a run out in croke park. Why not get behind the lads and support them..."
Training the same as anyone else?!i don't think so somehow,they've probably training about 10 times since the junior competition started.I just think if your not good enough to play senior football for your county there should be no other level atall it just makes it all a bit of a joke.Cavan have to play in the leinster championship cause no other Ulster team bother entering it absolute ridiculous.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 18/06/2017 22:45:07    2001467

Link

Just watching the sunday game. The amount of scores kicked from 30/40 yards from some of the counties is unreal. We have no one who can do that on the Louth team. Also Kildare gave away 3 frees in the 1st half agsinst meath, we gave away 12 frees against meath in the 1st half. Rhe gane now us bout pace, pace, pace. Louth have no pace at all.

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1544 - 18/06/2017 23:00:29    2001475

Link

Replying To joej:  "Just watching the sunday game. The amount of scores kicked from 30/40 yards from some of the counties is unreal. We have no one who can do that on the Louth team. Also Kildare gave away 3 frees in the 1st half agsinst meath, we gave away 12 frees against meath in the 1st half. Rhe gane now us bout pace, pace, pace. Louth have no pace at all."
Agree with that.we need guys like JimMac to shoot on sight from those areas and not be afraid of a telling off for doing so. Shooting is confidence...but yea we need pace

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 525 - 19/06/2017 00:29:32    2001527

Link

I agree the junior competition is a bit ridiculous but bets of Lock to players and management and enjoy the day out in croke park.

About the game itself v Longford Louth had no interest and had the seasons objective achieved. 3 sending offs though. Will burns get extra ban for hitting official considering furore over Connolly.would/ could it affect club?

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 476 - 19/06/2017 01:32:05    2001545

Link

Lads please just ignore snapper he has nothing constructive to add just always moaning yet goes to all games? Clearly just a wum so just ignore him when he is speaking negatively as it's generally BS anyways.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 476 - 19/06/2017 01:40:41    2001548

Link

It was abysmal to watch on Saturday evening, like the last few games. i for one am glad to see CK packing his bags, out of his depth and his style of play is terrible to watch and I stood beside several former county players on Saturday, who could only shake their heads in frustration and shock. How many times had we 15 men in our own half and then we break forward to their 40yds line and come to a complete stop. Rumours were rife about CK departure since the meath defeat and on saturday it looked like several players were making sure he definitely went. i agree with others here, lets get behind the Juniors and the minors, the season is not over yet.
The big question is who is next for the county job? John Evans anyone?

septicsac (Louth) - Posts: 1 - 19/06/2017 05:42:03    2001553

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Enough of your positivity Ollie pure rubbish display again humiliated in both games!!Who cares about a Mickey Mouse junior final the dubs don't even enter it it's laughable!! Now go and hibernate until February"
Gooch will you stop eating them lemons like a good little chap. Now why would I hibernate till Feb? Nothing worse than some one been negative the whole time. Plenty of action to look forward to with the club championships just around the corner.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 19/06/2017 10:02:24    2001632

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Training the same as anyone else?!i don't think so somehow,they've probably training about 10 times since the junior competition started.I just think if your not good enough to play senior football for your county there should be no other level atall it just makes it all a bit of a joke.Cavan have to play in the leinster championship cause no other Ulster team bother entering it absolute ridiculous."
Gooch Cavan did not play in this years Leinster Junior Championship.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 19/06/2017 10:14:04    2001645

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "Gooch will you stop eating them lemons like a good little chap. Now why would I hibernate till Feb? Nothing worse than some one been negative the whole time. Plenty of action to look forward to with the club championships just around the corner."
Exactly Ollie good club football to look forward to at last without colin Kelly stopping good young lads from playing for their clubs!!

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 19/06/2017 10:32:33    2001651

Link

Some people are deluded with the posts they put up here. We are at the level we should be and probably overreaching in Div 2. No Jimmy McGuinness or Jim Gavin are going to make this team Leinster or All Ireland contenders. If people went to club games they would realise this. The standard is very poor and despite what people think there are not another 10 or 15 lads being overlooked that should be on the county panel. We have a lot of players who wouldn't get a trial with the bigger counties and that's not slating the players, it's just highlighting the fact.

Kelly could not have done much more with the cards he was dealt but the players could have shown a bit more heart on Sat night. Maybe he has to share some of that blame. I heard Stefan White made comments about the clowns that run the county but don't know enough about it to comment. What I do know is that we have the worst county grounds in the country so maybe if they fixed that mess it might bring a bit more pride into the players and county.

6Number (Louth) - Posts: 30 - 19/06/2017 17:03:26    2001972

Link

Replying To 6Number:  "Some people are deluded with the posts they put up here. We are at the level we should be and probably overreaching in Div 2. No Jimmy McGuinness or Jim Gavin are going to make this team Leinster or All Ireland contenders. If people went to club games they would realise this. The standard is very poor and despite what people think there are not another 10 or 15 lads being overlooked that should be on the county panel. We have a lot of players who wouldn't get a trial with the bigger counties and that's not slating the players, it's just highlighting the fact.

Kelly could not have done much more with the cards he was dealt but the players could have shown a bit more heart on Sat night. Maybe he has to share some of that blame. I heard Stefan White made comments about the clowns that run the county but don't know enough about it to comment. What I do know is that we have the worst county grounds in the country so maybe if they fixed that mess it might bring a bit more pride into the players and county."
I honestly believe a good manager next year with fresh impetus could do something with us, i.e reach a Leinster final.
Not saying Kelly is not a good manager, just that he done his course and done a very good job and leaves us in a better place than when he started. If every Louth manager could say that...

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 476 - 19/06/2017 18:53:39    2002061

Link

Seven years ago today was when Louth beat Westmeath in the Leinster semi-final. The best sporting night of my life. What a night that was.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 27/06/2017 13:16:31    2006272

Link

It was a saturday evening kick off and it was a scorcher. Great night and by jesus there was sone crack in the pub that night.

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1544 - 27/06/2017 13:57:54    2006303

Link

Replying To joej:  "It was a saturday evening kick off and it was a scorcher. Great night and by jesus there was sone crack in the pub that night."
Joe that was a Sunday evening. Germany had beaten England 4-1 earlier on in the day. TV3 showed the Dublin and Meath match live and after that RTE showed the main event. Every Louth championship match in 2010 the weather was lovely.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 27/06/2017 16:14:11    2006386

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "Joe that was a Sunday evening. Germany had beaten England 4-1 earlier on in the day. TV3 showed the Dublin and Meath match live and after that RTE showed the main event. Every Louth championship match in 2010 the weather was lovely."
Was that the game where Lampard had a legitimate goal not given Ollie ? I remember watching some of that game in Clearys before heading to Croker .

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5137 - 27/06/2017 19:27:28    2006474

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "Was that the game where Lampard had a legitimate goal not given Ollie ? I remember watching some of that game in Clearys before heading to Croker ."
That was the one Greengrass. Germany had to wait 44 years for a bit of karma with that one.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 27/06/2017 20:19:08    2006486

Link

12 week suspension for Ryan Burns, not a shred of evidence to say it was intentional or not .

louthman57 (Louth) - Posts: 273 - 27/06/2017 22:31:27    2006582

Link

This is ridiculous . Anyone at the game saw what happened.
The game was almost over.
The ball went wide near the corner on golf link side.
Nobody went to retrieve it.
Ryan ran and collected it. He turned and kicked it towards the goal for a kick out.
The umpire had moved up the end line.
The ball hit him. Not sure if he tried to catch it.
Lynch was about to take the kick out .
The Longford crowd started jeering.
The ref gave Ryan a red card.
Anyone who thought Ryan aimed the ball at the ref is a fool.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1442 - 27/06/2017 23:33:53    2006607

Link

It was a Longford kickout for a start and their keeper is not lynch.
Only Ryan can say if it was deliberate. Very hard on him if it genuinely wasn't.
Probably might have been brushed over had we not have had the big furore over d.connolly.
Don't rule out it being the last player we hear of to get 12 weeks in next few weeks.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 476 - 28/06/2017 13:45:40    2006829

Link