Kerry Forum

Kerry V Cavan

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Well Lads, I think this is the easiest of the 4 Draws, I expect to win by at least 6 points. I genuinely believe if we can get O Donoghue and Lyne back we have the measure of either Cork Or Dublin.

Scartaglin3 (Kerry) - Posts: 13 - 27/07/2013 21:33:02    1444152

Link

We will give Cavan the respect they deserve on the day. Theres no easy draws at this stage. Each team left is there on merit. I think we last played Cavan in 1997 in Croke Park. That was a tight contest for much of the 70 mins. This Cavan team are young and hungry for success and playing Kerry could inspire them. I hope its a good game of football and we come out on the correct score line. Kerry by 3-5 pts.

kerry74 (Kerry) - Posts: 1354 - 27/07/2013 21:46:08    1444189

Link

Dead right 74. Cavan will be respected the same as any other side. They have pace, decent midfield and full-forward line and Givney is a fine player. Difficult test and an unknown quantity in many ways.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 27/07/2013 21:59:43    1444223

Link

Well lads...ye r motoring on nicely and no one is talkin about ye.... The fools!!

Kerry played the best football of the year so far in the first half of the Munster Final.. Ye will take Cavan without too much fuss. Kerry still has the best attacking unit in the land and ur midfield showed what it cud do when destroying Cork's most potent area, their 8 & 9.

Never mind league form, Kerry r very serious contenders this year.

Mayonaze (Mayo) - Posts: 426 - 28/07/2013 08:21:04    1444233

Link

I'd be slightly concerned if O' Donoghue isn't available. Donaghy would probably start and our forward play will slow down drastically as a result. Cavan will flood back behind the ball as they did v Armagh and break quickly. They are after 3 or 4 weeks in a row, similar to Down in 2010, have the momentum. We're going in cold. I hope Eamonn & Co were in Dublin yesterday.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 28/07/2013 13:07:13    1444543

Link

So cute kerry hoor inspire of your incredulity it is Cavan v Kerry in the1/4sI told you it was written in the stars!!Don't allow yor arrogance and complacency delude you I warn all Kerry (my 2nd)county readers that this is a serious Cavan outfit young and fearless. Kerry do have it easy look at 4Ulster counties among the last 8 and thank your lucky stars for the 2 county provincial joust you have every year in Ulster you' be hard pressed to win 1 every 6 years.Looking forward to Sunday the champions of 2013 will be on display ...wearing green and red

Waddonpaddy (Cavan) - Posts: 34 - 28/07/2013 16:08:58    1444840

Link

I saw Eamonn in Carrick on Shannon

Waddonpaddy (Cavan) - Posts: 34 - 28/07/2013 16:10:13    1444845

Link

I dont think we'll get hammered, like a lot of people are saying.

EatMyFish (Cavan) - Posts: 205 - 28/07/2013 16:53:45    1444946

Link

Being honest I totally think Cavan have a great chance next Sunday, I've seen a lot of them on the telly and they are fearless, but if we play our best and hopefully Fitzy will leave Crowley and griffen in the backs, I think we should win by a couple, Curtin is supposed to flying in training, hopping off every1, I would love to see maher playing centre back and Sheehan and Buckley in the middle.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11422 - 28/07/2013 17:34:17    1445016

Link

Well Waddon, firstly I've displayed no arrogance towards Cavan. Secondly, it's no surprise to me they've reached the last 8, I actually picked them as my "surprise team" in a previous thread last May, and look how right I was. Thirdly, I agree that Mayo will win the All-Ireland.

Feel free to continue posting on the Kerry page though, it seems you're quite fond of our company.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 28/07/2013 18:27:55    1445131

Link

Scartaglin3
County: Kerry

Well Lads, I think this is the easiest of the 4 Draws, I expect to win by at least 6 points. I genuinely believe if we can get O Donoghue and Lyne back we have the measure of either Cork Or Dublin.

Well, well. How disrespectful can you get? Do you remember what a certain Paddy Bradley tweeted when the Derry/Cavan draw was announced.?? I must get this and post it in the Cavan dressing room before Sundays game. What great motivation.

I always had the greatest of admiration for Kerry football and always will but I would not fear them. This young Cavan team have won 3 Ulster U21 titles in the last 3 years as well as a minor title in 2011so they have nothing to be afraid of. They will give it one hell of a rattle and just remember what happened to Donegal in this years Ulster final!!!
See ye all in Croker and may the best team win!!

BreffniDub (None) - Posts: 377 - 28/07/2013 20:03:55    1445339

Link

great tie in store, it really is the game a lot of us in Cavan wanted, to face another Ulster team again would have been a bit deflating!
You will be the hot favourites, and rightly so. But in saying that, our game plan seems to work best against so called traditional teams. And hopefully GAA people will realise we are no"baby Donegal"
At our best, ie the Derry game, we are defensively organised and move the ball well, I think its a lot easier on the eye than Donegal.
I remember 97, it was a fantastic occasion and being 15 at the time, I assumed it was going to be a regular trip. Sadly that has not proved so.
We will give it everything and fully expect to be in the game going into the last 10 minutes, anything can happen from there!

milhouse (Cavan) - Posts: 468 - 28/07/2013 20:08:24    1445349

Link

KingdomBoy1:County: Kerry: Being honest I totally think Cavan have a great chance next Sunday, I've seen a lot of them on the telly and they are fearless, but if we play our best and hopefully Fitzy will leave Crowley and griffen in the backs, I think we should win by a couple, Curtin is supposed to flying in training, hopping off every1, I would love to see maher playing centre back and Sheehan and Buckley in the middle.

I agree with you that Cavan have a great chance on Sunday, they have been playing regular football for last few weeks and building a bit of momentum winning breeds confidence, Kerry have been nice and quiet under the radar to a degree, I expect the same 1-14 to start, if O'Donoghue does not start then we will really see the worth if Firz's panel, I suspect he will not start Star and he again will be kept in reserve, Sheehan is an option but I'd like personally to see Curtin start, if it fails well then fair enough you always have Star as back up, this does however remind me of 2010 when Down came in nice and quiet and pulled the rug out from under us. Like I said above the same 1-14 will start with Griffin gaining valuable experience, O'Mahony if fit can get 20 odd minutes to being him back up to scratch, but No offence Kingdom boy why would you even dream of moving our most consistent player all year Maher out of his natural position, he is head and shoulder above everyone at present ticks all the correct boxes as a midfielder so why would you even consider moving him. I'm really looking forward to how Cooper will play in a "packed environment" if Cavan retreat, it is a classic experience against youth clash, I'm really looking forward to this weekend, as I feel the top 8 in the country are def there.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4791 - 28/07/2013 21:34:46    1445533

Link

I knew me saying moving maher yo centreback would get me in trouble horse, but in fairness I only suggest it cause killian is not good enough at centreback and the only other option is Brosnan and if they put Brosnan at centre then they will drop Crowley and put killian at 7 which isn't any good either cause he he doesn't attack enough for a wingback, but without a doubt maher is one of the best midfielders in the country, could he put Mahoney at centre? Probably not but he will prob put him at fullback and drop griffen :-(.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11422 - 29/07/2013 10:14:30    1445709

Link

Givney and Mackey make things click for this Cavan side, limit their impact on the game and Cavan will be in trouble. Crowley is well suited to man mark Mackey, similar build and should be able to follow him all over the pitch. Givney is a fine midfielder, very fond of attacking, similar to Maher in many ways, they'll have a good contest.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 29/07/2013 10:32:06    1445733

Link

CKH what team do you think Fitzy will pick? Will he start with the same team that started against cork ?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11422 - 29/07/2013 10:51:06    1445771

Link

KingdomBoy1
County: Kerry

CKH what team do you think Fitzy will pick? Will he start with the same team that started against cork ?

O' Donoghue hasn't been totally ruled out, I think they'll give him every chance to make it. I doubt if O' Mahony will be ready to come back in though. I'd just rather Donaghy to be kept on the bench till the second half. Although our options to replace O' Donoghue aren't hectic. Reports of Curtin going well are fine but he hasn't touched a ball for Kerry since the League game v Dublin.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 29/07/2013 11:12:20    1445832

Link

I know what you mean CKH, that could go against Curtin, what's our other option if o'donahue is out ! O'leary or maybe geaney or maybe Sheehan.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11422 - 29/07/2013 11:18:02    1445852

Link

I'm going to go for it and try and predict Kerry's team for next Sunday. Kealy, Marc ,Mahoney , enright, Tomas , Brosnan , young, maher, Buckley, Galvin, gooch, Walsh , o'donahue /Curtin , Declan , darran.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11422 - 29/07/2013 13:17:30    1446104

Link

Lads I can only see one winner on Sunday next judging by our game against London.

Our players may be young but they looked jaded all day and it was obvious that they hadn't recovered from the extra time in the heat up in Derry.
The subs we brought on were moving at double the pace of the starting team and when they arrived the team began to respond with telling scores.

Still because they're very young they might recover more than we expect.
If they do you will get a good game of football with lots of scores from play. It's a fantastic bonus for us to play a team of Kerry's quality
in Croke Park and they deserve it for the way they carved out results over the last six games. But regardless of our fitness on the day, it's a year too soon for us - maybe even 2 years. Let's hope it's a game to remember all the same.

RoyalBlue2 (Cavan) - Posts: 198 - 29/07/2013 13:40:50    1446164

Link