Carlow Forum

New Football Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

HAVE WE ANY PLAYERS NOT ON THE PANEL THAT WE COULD DRAFT IN? SOME THAT MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE PERHAPS.

pal4life94 (Carlow) - Posts: 328 - 20/08/2020 18:40:06    2288448

Link

Chris Blake is the obvious target for me
Get Conor Lawlor back and I think Gary Kelly left rhe panel before his time.

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 515 - 20/08/2020 19:13:13    2288451

Link

Replying To Uptheduffer:  "As a matter of interest what experience had Poacher prior to becoming Carlow's head coach?"
Not nearly as much as Ger Brennan he has learned from some of the greatest of all time Heffernan, Gilroy ,Gavin ,Mickey Whealn to name just a few..I would guess he has picked up a few pointers along the way.

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 436 - 21/08/2020 10:55:12    2288507

Link

Replying To Blackbog:  "Chris Blake is the obvious target for me
Get Conor Lawlor back and I think Gary Kelly left rhe panel before his time."
HORSE HAS A FEW GOOD YEARS LEFT IN HIM ALLRIGHT. PACKED UP A BIT TOO SOON. HE WOULD BE A BIG ASSET. BLAKE IS THE BEST FORWARD IN THE COUNTY AND WAS LEADING SCORER IN THE AIB CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NATIONWIDE LAST YEAR. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN THE PANEL.

pal4life94 (Carlow) - Posts: 328 - 22/08/2020 00:54:09    2288627

Link

I'd be a little concerned at this appointment. Neither have any knowledge of Carlow football one is a journeyman with no real achievements and the other has no coaching experience to speak of that I'm aware of anyway. Poacher was a brilliant coach and a scholar of the game he had a philosophy and he seemed to be a great communicator. If it's possible to bring in these two it was possible to bring poacher back.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1297 - 24/08/2020 14:49:33    2288924

Link

Replying To Barrowsider:  "I'd be a little concerned at this appointment. Neither have any knowledge of Carlow football one is a journeyman with no real achievements and the other has no coaching experience to speak of that I'm aware of anyway. Poacher was a brilliant coach and a scholar of the game he had a philosophy and he seemed to be a great communicator. If it's possible to bring in these two it was possible to bring poacher back."
Niall Carew was manager of pal 3 years ago? So say he knows a bit! And brennan is currently manager of bray Emmet's and works full time in this arena in UCD. So I think your statement isn't really valid. The poacher thing is now old news and it's time to move on. He was interviewed and unsuccessful.

Oldyellar (Carlow) - Posts: 21 - 24/08/2020 17:35:10    2288955

Link

Replying To Barrowsider:  "I'd be a little concerned at this appointment. Neither have any knowledge of Carlow football one is a journeyman with no real achievements and the other has no coaching experience to speak of that I'm aware of anyway. Poacher was a brilliant coach and a scholar of the game he had a philosophy and he seemed to be a great communicator. If it's possible to bring in these two it was possible to bring poacher back."
Agree 100%. We are right back to the old ways now... Give it a year or two and we'll be the whipping boys of Division Four again.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 340 - 24/08/2020 19:50:29    2288979

Link

Replying To Oldyellar:  "Niall Carew was manager of pal 3 years ago? So say he knows a bit! And brennan is currently manager of bray Emmet's and works full time in this arena in UCD. So I think your statement isn't really valid. The poacher thing is now old news and it's time to move on. He was interviewed and unsuccessful."
"He was interviewed and unsuccessful".... Because the process was totally transparent and it has been fully explained why it happened... are you the county board? Or just their Hoganstand police man?

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 340 - 24/08/2020 19:52:02    2288980

Link

Replying To CARPS:  "Agree 100%. We are right back to the old ways now... Give it a year or two and we'll be the whipping boys of Division Four again."
I really think the intelligent response is to give the CB's candidate a fair chance.
I liked Poacher and a good coach but i dont see him as a manager. People underestimate Turlo as a leader. If we do go back to the bad old days then everyone needs to take responsibility.
I for one think Carew who knows the county scene in div 3/4 is a good choice and i would not be surprised in the least if in 2 years we are talking in the same terms about Ger Brennan as we are now about Poacher. Hold yer counsel for now.
Carlow people have this inate ability to knock something when it good and bad.
Not me . I accept reality. The reality is now we have 2 men and a potentially red hot set of players who can build on the progress made. So stop moaning at least until there is reason to

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 515 - 24/08/2020 20:08:03    2288983

Link

Replying To CARPS:  ""He was interviewed and unsuccessful".... Because the process was totally transparent and it has been fully explained why it happened... are you the county board? Or just their Hoganstand police man?"
Nope to all!! Am not on the county board nor their police. Just pointing out the facts. I can't do anything about him being unsuccessful unfortunately. I did hear about the process, I d say a lot of people at this stage have heard how it went down. Keep your ear to the ground and you might hear more! Sometimes the truth hurts in these things. Might be time to move on for us all.

Oldyellar (Carlow) - Posts: 21 - 24/08/2020 21:06:06    2288993

Link

Replying To Blackbog:  "I really think the intelligent response is to give the CB's candidate a fair chance.
I liked Poacher and a good coach but i dont see him as a manager. People underestimate Turlo as a leader. If we do go back to the bad old days then everyone needs to take responsibility.
I for one think Carew who knows the county scene in div 3/4 is a good choice and i would not be surprised in the least if in 2 years we are talking in the same terms about Ger Brennan as we are now about Poacher. Hold yer counsel for now.
Carlow people have this inate ability to knock something when it good and bad.
Not me . I accept reality. The reality is now we have 2 men and a potentially red hot set of players who can build on the progress made. So stop moaning at least until there is reason to"
Carew managed Pal and got beat 1-12 to 1-7 by Eire Og in the Carlow semi... Eire Og should have won by more.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 340 - 24/08/2020 22:49:09    2289016

Link

Replying To CARPS:  "Carew managed Pal and got beat 1-12 to 1-7 by Eire Og in the Carlow semi... Eire Og should have won by more."
And that nugget of information tells us what?

I do know he was rated well locally which means a lot more than one result against Eire Og

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 515 - 25/08/2020 09:26:32    2289035

Link