Wexford Forum

O'Brien set to return

(Oldest Posts First)

Definitely the right decision, he didn't kick 16 wides against Laois. Good man for the job, hopefully will have better luck next year.

offtheupright (Wexford) - Posts: 9 - 08/08/2013 16:30:10    1456774

Link

Split opinion here for me, in fairness if you don't give a fella two years its not fair on them so it is the correct choice. Always rated him highly as a coach but didn't inspire me with confidence throughout the campaign. Have heard of a no. of players not being overly happy with him, but you get that no matter who is in charge! It's prob the 15 subs complaining!!!
Hopefully, which I'm sure he will, Aidan will be at as many club games as possible from here until the end of championship. (And not only games involving Ross teams!!!!!)

rossytilidie (Wexford) - Posts: 257 - 09/08/2013 09:40:34    1457187

Link

Good decision. Think it's vital that it was all sorted out before the business end of the championship in all of the top 3 divisions really as now Aidan and his selectors should be getting to as many games as possible and checking for new players to be given a chance in the panel or for trial matches in and around the beginning of December etc.

Think he needs to use his bench better next season and for the league to change teams more often and try out a few different game plans and tactics. All in all it wouldn't have been fair to give him just one season in charge, but this is make or break now, we need an improvement.

oneteamman (Wexford) - Posts: 34 - 09/08/2013 12:18:35    1457328

Link

smart move,but new players need to be unearthed and blooeded for the next 2 years and a gameplan developed.both of these are easier said than done but best of luck to him.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 09/08/2013 15:58:26    1457675

Link