Tipperary Forum

Acheson

(Oldest Posts First)

Much thanks to out footballers for what has been the most amazing year to be a Tipp supporter. For me the match in Kingspan Breffni Park was the stand out match in both hurling and football to date. 2 points down and well into injury time and to win by a point? Roy of the Rovers stuff. Thanks to all members of the panel for your dedication and sacrifice.
Sorry editor if the following is a tad controversial(you may edit). Possibly our three best footballers this year have been Quinlivan, Kiely and Acheson(Sweeney started slowly but was our best player in the last two games). It is a catastrophe that Acheson, while in his prime and playing the football of his life, is deciding to leave the panel to travel. I don't know the man's job situation but the county board should bend over backwards to keep him. Inter county footballers are retiring now at 30-31. He will be 27 next March. He perhaps has 3 more years in his prime. Why go now? The world will still be there after 30. An SOB and Acheson midfield for 2017 would be fantastic.

fergo (Tipperary) - Posts: 46 - 24/08/2016 14:43:28    1905356

Link

Much thanks to out footballers for what has been the most amazing year to be a Tipp supporter. For me the match in Kingspan Breffni Park was the stand out match in both hurling and football to date. 2 points down and well into injury time and to win by a point? Roy of the Rovers stuff. Thanks to all members of the squad for your dedication and sacrifice.
Sorry editor if the following is a tad controversial(you may edit). Possibly our three best footballers this year have been Quinlivan, Kiely and Acheson(Sweeney started slowly but was our best player in the last two games). It is a catastrophe that Acheson, while in his prime and playing the football of his life, is deciding to leave the squad to travel. I don't know the man's job situation but the county board should bend over backwards to keep him. Inter county footballers are retiring now at 30-31. He will be 27 next March. He perhaps has 3 more years in his prime. Why go now? The world will still be there after 30. An SOB and Acheson midfield for 2017 would be fantastic.
fergo (Tipperary) - Posts:34 - 24/08/2016 14:43:28
Why should he held back by Gaelic? He may come back and have a few more years playing. Why go now? He may want a break from his job/the sport. If not go now then when? He's young and can afford to do it now so why should he wait?

ormondbannerman (Clare) - Posts: 13473 - 24/08/2016 16:19:38    1905418

Link