Tipperary Forum

Panel 2011

(Oldest Posts First)

Just to change tack a bit after the last couple of weeks and throwing it out there who's pushing to join senior panel next year. suppose from u-21 Barry, P Murphy & John O'Dwyer are in with a shout. Sean Carey might not be most glamorous hurler but there's abit of Bonnar Maher about him and also well able to score.

hard to know really, I mean many players dont make u-21 team until their final year on panel purely due to not being physical enough yet. Heffernan, O'Meara,Hammersley, O'Neill etc didnt make team in 2009 as far as i'm aware but still made senior panel. maybe the likes of Denis Maher could come into this bracket next year.

any thoughts or suggestions??
cheers

LondonOranges (Tipperary) - Posts: 45 - 15/09/2010 19:02:32    775365

Link

Sean Carey is worthy of a place alright. The likes of Maloney and Egan should be cut from the senior panel to make way for a few. Anyone seen much of Logue other than the final? If his performance in the final was anything to go by then i think he'd be a useful understudy for Cummins.

kilruane (Tipperary) - Posts: 155 - 16/09/2010 12:27:56    775833

Link

Have to agree Kilruane Logue should be brought through as an understudy he was phenomenal in the final. I think there is alot to come through. Carey had a great year since he gained his place after the Cork game, took some relly great scores. Hennessy will be pushing hard next year. How many of them took frees and took them very competently. Hopefully they will keep their feet on the ground, great year for Tipp hurling. I think Egan is a great hurler he just has never got himself as fit as he should be, big year for him this year because he will be under pressure although you would no more about him than me Kilruane, do you think he isn't good enough?

tipptothetop (Tipperary) - Posts: 531 - 18/09/2010 15:56:41    777673

Link