Kerry Forum

Stephen Wallace

(Oldest Posts First)

Reports are he is our new manager here in Wexford, i see he managed your juniors and the i t, fill me in on the man please

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1957 - 07/10/2016 13:23:50    1923733

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "Reports are he is our new manager here in Wexford, i see he managed your juniors and the i t, fill me in on the man please"
Would be very surprised if that was the case.

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 575 - 07/10/2016 14:39:32    1923788

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "Reports are he is our new manager here in Wexford, i see he managed your juniors and the i t, fill me in on the man please"
If it's actually true then ye'r very lucky indeed Stephen is a brilliant up and coming manager.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12172 - 07/10/2016 15:16:37    1923809

Link

its him or bandy i think

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1957 - 07/10/2016 16:36:59    1923845

Link

its him or bandy i think

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1957 - 07/10/2016 16:37:10    1923846

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "its him or bandy i think"
I'd go for Wallace if I was ye. He's teams play beautiful attacking football.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12172 - 07/10/2016 21:26:18    1923933

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "its him or bandy i think"
banty

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1957 - 07/10/2016 21:27:28    1923934

Link

well he has stepped down as Kerry Junior coach, Although he had just been ratified as the IT Tralee Coach, could be full-fill both roles... but back to the question in hand I had heard in Limerick that they were interested in him, but K'boy is right he is one of the most up and coming managers in kerry, good coaches are very hard to find, Everyone assumes that when/if Fitz steps down in 2 years that Jack will take over again with a third stint - if he doesn't well home grown coaches are actually thin enough on the ground, we all have our experts and good talkers who can dissect a game and write a good media article but reality is we have very few actually tried and trusted - Wallace actually fits that mold - have seen him at club level and Brendan's level for years he has something, that not be questioned, he has something hope he stays closer to home, One of the biggest mistakes we ever made was letting John Evans slip through the net - get Wallace involved as a GDA, development squads give him the Minor post after Keane, or Jack's role in 2 years, bring him in as a selector with Fitz,... either way keep him within the border.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5004 - 07/10/2016 21:56:13    1923941

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "well he has stepped down as Kerry Junior coach, Although he had just been ratified as the IT Tralee Coach, could be full-fill both roles... but back to the question in hand I had heard in Limerick that they were interested in him, but K'boy is right he is one of the most up and coming managers in kerry, good coaches are very hard to find, Everyone assumes that when/if Fitz steps down in 2 years that Jack will take over again with a third stint - if he doesn't well home grown coaches are actually thin enough on the ground, we all have our experts and good talkers who can dissect a game and write a good media article but reality is we have very few actually tried and trusted - Wallace actually fits that mold - have seen him at club level and Brendan's level for years he has something, that not be questioned, he has something hope he stays closer to home, One of the biggest mistakes we ever made was letting John Evans slip through the net - get Wallace involved as a GDA, development squads give him the Minor post after Keane, or Jack's role in 2 years, bring him in as a selector with Fitz,... either way keep him within the border."
I agree horse it would be nice if Wallace would join up with the senior squad but would there be trouble around the county if there were 2/3 north Kerry men over the seniors? I would love to see the john galvin I get a shot at the minor job at some stage as well although he's doing some great woe with the development squads.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12172 - 08/10/2016 11:40:28    1924006

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I agree horse it would be nice if Wallace would join up with the senior squad but would there be trouble around the county if there were 2/3 north Kerry men over the seniors? I would love to see the john galvin I get a shot at the minor job at some stage as well although he's doing some great woe with the development squads."
ah at the risk of being shot, I would consider Ardfert to be more Tralee than North North Kerry.

At this stage though manager's should have their fingers on the pulse player wise regardless of area or geographic location, Sure you could say Fitz, Diarmuid and Podge are all either from or working in Dingle, Hassett is out here in Listowel and Mikey is Tralee... actually thats another thing heard that Mikey was stepping down after the Dublin game who would ye like to see step in? in light of what I said above who would ye like to see step up? would/should we be going for someone East or South Kerry direction, like ye alluded to North, West and Mid Kerry are catered for as is Tralee..... like you said K'boy Galvin form Crokes was well tipped for the Minor role and that Peter Keane got - should Kerry test the waters here and see what he has to offer as a supporting role before making a stand on his own two feet? Tipp did it with Mike Ryan, Donegal with Gallagher, even Fitz was behind Jack for a bit - personally it is one thing I really lean towards as it insures a fresh voice while also maintaining continuity

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5004 - 08/10/2016 15:12:26    1924050

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I agree horse it would be nice if Wallace would join up with the senior squad but would there be trouble around the county if there were 2/3 north Kerry men over the seniors? I would love to see the john galvin I get a shot at the minor job at some stage as well although he's doing some great woe with the development squads."
ah at the risk of being shot, I would consider Ardfert to be more Tralee than North North Kerry.

At this stage though manager's should have their fingers on the pulse player wise regardless of area or geographic location, Sure you could say Fitz, Diarmuid and Podge are all either from or working in Dingle, Hassett is out here in Listowel and Mikey is Tralee... actually thats another thing heard that Mikey was stepping down after the Dublin game who would ye like to see step in? in light of what I said above who would ye like to see step up? would/should we be going for someone East or South Kerry direction, like ye alluded to North, West and Mid Kerry are catered for as is Tralee..... like you said K'boy Galvin form Crokes was well tipped for the Minor role and that Peter Keane got - should Kerry test the waters here and see what he has to offer as a supporting role before making a stand on his own two feet? Tipp did it with Mike Ryan, Donegal with Gallagher, even Fitz was behind Jack for a bit - personally it is one thing I really lean towards as it insures a fresh voice while also maintaining continuity

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5004 - 08/10/2016 15:13:16    1924051

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "ah at the risk of being shot, I would consider Ardfert to be more Tralee than North North Kerry.

At this stage though manager's should have their fingers on the pulse player wise regardless of area or geographic location, Sure you could say Fitz, Diarmuid and Podge are all either from or working in Dingle, Hassett is out here in Listowel and Mikey is Tralee... actually thats another thing heard that Mikey was stepping down after the Dublin game who would ye like to see step in? in light of what I said above who would ye like to see step up? would/should we be going for someone East or South Kerry direction, like ye alluded to North, West and Mid Kerry are catered for as is Tralee..... like you said K'boy Galvin form Crokes was well tipped for the Minor role and that Peter Keane got - should Kerry test the waters here and see what he has to offer as a supporting role before making a stand on his own two feet? Tipp did it with Mike Ryan, Donegal with Gallagher, even Fitz was behind Jack for a bit - personally it is one thing I really lean towards as it insures a fresh voice while also maintaining continuity"
Mikey will not step down

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 08/10/2016 15:46:03    1924055

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Mikey will not step down"
That's a pity. He comes across as being very negitive.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12172 - 09/10/2016 20:56:47    1924289

Link

we need a shake up on the sideline

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5004 - 09/10/2016 21:01:34    1924292

Link