Kerry Forum

Aussie Rules Drain

(Oldest Posts First)

It would be a tragedy for Kerry and Gaelic Football in general were Marc O Connor lured to join the exodus Look at what it did to Tommy Walsh who left Ireland as a budding star and returned a broken man at 25 Tadhg Kennelly was one of the few to make a successful transition and now his agenda Les to line his own pockets by robbing the GAA of our bright stars If Marc goes he will be followed by Clifford more of the Kerry minor panel and some of Galways best The GAa made a monumental blunder in courting Australia via Compomise Rules Fair Play to Tyrone and Sean Cavanagh in particular for not falling for the lure of the aAustralian Dollar DONT GO MARC

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 23/09/2016 12:49:59    1918354

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "It would be a tragedy for Kerry and Gaelic Football in general were Marc O Connor lured to join the exodus Look at what it did to Tommy Walsh who left Ireland as a budding star and returned a broken man at 25 Tadhg Kennelly was one of the few to make a successful transition and now his agenda Les to line his own pockets by robbing the GAA of our bright stars If Marc goes he will be followed by Clifford more of the Kerry minor panel and some of Galways best The GAa made a monumental blunder in courting Australia via Compomise Rules Fair Play to Tyrone and Sean Cavanagh in particular for not falling for the lure of the aAustralian Dollar DONT GO MARC"
Yerra Tadgh should be told to take a hike up to the midlands to do his prospecting.

Never had much time from him after he tried to lob the gob at my girlfriend of the time with my back turned!!!

Snakey stuff!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 23/09/2016 13:22:00    1918372

Link

I hope the lad stays and becomes a Kerry legend but in fairness I wouldn't blame anybody for going either. The lifestyle, weather and getting paid to do what you love! Who wouldn't be tempted.

Kerry will manage either way. We won plenty when Kennelly was out there and he would have been one of our best players had he stayed. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 2018 - 23/09/2016 15:58:08    1918467

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yerra Tadgh should be told to take a hike up to the midlands to do his prospecting.

Never had much time from him after he tried to lob the gob at my girlfriend of the time with my back turned!!!

Snakey stuff!!"
ha and there was me think me thinking I was the only fella inside the Northern bounds that was allergic to the twat, I have never met suck an egotistical man in all my life, we crossed paths once - he wasn't too impressed when I expressed the opinion that he was "dead to the gaa and had sold his Gaa Soul many years ago in my eyes"....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 23/09/2016 16:11:00    1918472

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "ha and there was me think me thinking I was the only fella inside the Northern bounds that was allergic to the twat, I have never met suck an egotistical man in all my life, we crossed paths once - he wasn't too impressed when I expressed the opinion that he was "dead to the gaa and had sold his Gaa Soul many years ago in my eyes"...."
Ya Horse, I'd agree with that.

Tadgh was a great player but he has an air about him - big fish small pond mentality especially whenever he was back in Listowel.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 26/09/2016 10:58:59    1919157

Link

Ahh you can't blame young lads for heading off

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 15/10/2016 00:41:41    1926396

Link