Kerry Forum

Kerry v Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Just looking at the subs again and no cox, is that because of sigurson cup I wonder , although it can't be coz isn't Paul geaney and Thomas hicks with UCC as well. Strange.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 30/01/2015 10:04:11    1687974

Link

Ya but he was in last year... hope he didn't; burn the bridges.... nice sprinkling of players on the bench that could see game time...even though tis live on the box.. I can see a tidy crowd flocking to the Stadium.. has the makings of a good game..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 30/01/2015 12:57:39    1688052

Link

Surprising not to see the Cox fellow on the list. Playing outstanding for UCC. Perhaps like some he sees he is not on managements list of good prospects and decides not to waste his time. I see O'Leary and Casey are still hanging in there. Wonder is this is make or break time for them and Sheehan.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 549 - 30/01/2015 16:44:51    1688131

Link

I'll be docking around 12 on Sat.

Miler (Mayo) - Posts: 1015 - 30/01/2015 20:36:38    1688216

Link

Kerry to win this time even without the ref

Miler (Mayo) - Posts: 1015 - 30/01/2015 20:38:03    1688217

Link

Who is the reff for tomorrow miller? And enjoy your night in Killarney kid.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 31/01/2015 18:48:01    1688422

Link

Who is the reff for tomorrow miller? And enjoy your night in Killarney kid.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 31/01/2015 18:48:41    1688423

Link

thanks for the hospitality Lads. I'm sure we will meet again later in the year .Good run out for both teams.

Miler (Mayo) - Posts: 1015 - 01/02/2015 15:51:17    1688682

Link

Fair play to ye miller, hope ye enjoyed ye'r weekend , ye were the better team today and we can have no complaints, ye were far fitter and more tuned in, but we'll move on and give it ago against Derry next weekend.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 01/02/2015 18:20:14    1688793

Link

Well that's the first league game out of the way, fairly sluggish to say the least with little to get excited about; fancied a home win if the truth be told but fitness both match wise and body wise let us down, which is understandable. Too many players yesterday were stuck to the ground. If you read the team analysis in the indo you will see that every starting player received a rating of 6 or 5, with the exceptions of Moran who was our most impressive player getting 8 and Jack Sherwood who was impressive receiving 7. Our positional sense in defence was poor, with no cover being provided on the tackle or positional wise to cover space, but that comes from fitness and the bodies weren't willing to commit, up front the runs were sporadic and more often on not the runs were from behind the defenders, in saying that though the balls in were not the crispest either. But that's all down to sharpness, Moran was fighting a lone figure in the centre and was the best player for us, the other exception was Jack Sherwood who did his credentials no harm what so ever, he was impressive and comfortable on the ball. No breaks were won yesterday and our half forward line was near to non-existent. I was surprised that someone like Daithi Casey didn't; get an earlier run considering that our half forwards were struggling. Sheehan was extremely poor, he looks lean enough but he gave in 2 terrible balls in the first half. It'll be interesting to see what changes will be made for next week, Sherwood has played himself into the team, Reports are that Killian and Shane Enright will be available also, I can see a shuffle like say Killian back into the centre with Lyne up to the half forward line with maybe Buckley going to partner Moran. Considering the results and the fact that Derry lost and our next opponents at home Dublin also lost I think we have to realistically try and gain 2 hard points up North next Sunday.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 02/02/2015 08:52:22    1689016

Link

Well, wasn't much to get excited about leaving Killarney yesterday. No complaints as Mayo by far the better side, Kerry really were very poor. The defence in particular was woeful. As you mention horse, Sheehen looked lost in the middle of the pitch and made some very poor decisions with the ball. Wasn't impressed with Barry John either. Can't understand the silly tactic of ballooning high balls into Geaney when nothing was coming from it, and then when they switched Tommy in there they didn't even bother to do it anymore!

Still their only just off the plane as regards preparation and, as Weeshie said, they seem to have wintered well. Moran played some great stuff and it was good to see Tommy get half an hour and I thought some of his fielding was excellent. No need to be panicking but I agree we need to get something out of the Derry game. If we don't were into a relegation battle for the third year in a row!

I'm making the long trip to Derry myself next weekend, never been to Celtic park so I'm looking forward to a much improved performance!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 02/02/2015 10:29:13    1689066

Link

I agree with all ye say lads, keally didn't fill me with confidence, on a couple of occasions Moran was making a burst toward the 45 for a quick kick out and either he didn't see him or wasn't quick enough to spot him. Hopefully Murphy will get a run between the sticks next weekend, I'm not going to Derry next weekend coz I'm taking the wife to the allireland junior and intermediate final on valentines weekend, how romantic an I!

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 02/02/2015 18:22:23    1689363

Link

I agree with all ye say lads, keally didn't fill me with confidence, on a couple of occasions Moran was making a burst toward the 45 for a quick kick out and either he didn't see him or wasn't quick enough to spot him. Hopefully Murphy will get a run between the sticks next weekend, I'm not going to Derry next weekend coz I'm taking the wife to the allireland junior and intermediate final on valentines weekend, how romantic an I!

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 02/02/2015 18:23:07    1689364

Link