Kerry Forum

Kerry Club Championship Match Predictions

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "No I haven't but i was planning to sit down with a glass of wine Friday night and watch.

I think the Gaa is turning their back to the older brigade who may not be computer savvy or have good broadband.

I think it's just finance grabbing, i know we'd happily pay €15 at the stile but thst option isn't available.

It just leaves a sour taste- a bit disrespectful to our older generation at a time when they need it the most"
100% horse, and you should definitely get the game its well worth it, crokes played Mark O'Shea in full forward for a good bit and he did well.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11826 - 16/09/2020 12:39:13    2292455

Link

Didn't hear terrace talk tonight - did they preview Saturday's game, what was the general feeling on it?

I take it EK are well favoured.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4879 - 21/09/2020 22:54:00    2293485

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Didn't hear terrace talk tonight - did they preview Saturday's game, what was the general feeling on it?

I take it EK are well favoured."
I didn't catch TT either horse as I thought it would be all about the hurling finals on Sunday.

Ya you'd have to think East kerry would be favourites, I just hope they'll be no injuries.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11826 - 22/09/2020 10:09:47    2293519

Link

Does anyone know if the county board are producing a hard copy programme for tomorrow's county final, I'm sure there are a good few collectors like myself who would hate a 'gap' year in their collection.

I know it's available to download tmw but there's nothing like the real deal.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4879 - 25/09/2020 20:53:44    2294112

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Does anyone know if the county board are producing a hard copy programme for tomorrow's county final, I'm sure there are a good few collectors like myself who would hate a 'gap' year in their collection.

I know it's available to download tmw but there's nothing like the real deal."
Don't think so. On that though, I thought all programmes were online this year but I seen physical programmes at the Clare hurling final the weekend. Always loved actually having the real thing, although in fairness to county board it's great to have the online option.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1103 - 29/09/2020 12:24:27    2294714

Link

Replying To fergie:  "Don't think so. On that though, I thought all programmes were online this year but I seen physical programmes at the Clare hurling final the weekend. Always loved actually having the real thing, although in fairness to county board it's great to have the online option."
Ya at least the online version is available ..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4879 - 29/09/2020 13:01:35    2294726

Link

Hermit - Desmonds vs Beale and Brosna vs Ballydonoghue ...semi draw made after tonight's Desmonds win over Ballyduff

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4879 - 03/10/2020 21:49:02    2295500

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Hermit - Desmonds vs Beale and Brosna vs Ballydonoghue ...semi draw made after tonight's Desmonds win over Ballyduff"
Looks like Beale v Brosna final to me Horse, although perhaps your crowd have something planned?!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5847 - 04/10/2020 11:19:00    2295535

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Looks like Beale v Brosna final to me Horse, although perhaps your crowd have something planned?!"
The hermit put your money on castleisland for North kerry as they have our own Dr Dave Geaney training them, and I hear Donie Buckley is working with them as well.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11826 - 04/10/2020 12:06:34    2295546

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Looks like Beale v Brosna final to me Horse, although perhaps your crowd have something planned?!"
Jesus hermit, I'd go the total opposite to you, it's a Desmonds and Ballydonoghue final for me with the Castleisland men prevailing, seen them underage the last Five or a six years, from 16's to minors. Agreed that they are young but they are playing tight football and I know it's half contradicts myself but eek out victories and look comfortable.

For me they will have too much for. Beale, what may come against them is if they go 100% for the intermediate and cast the NK as a secondary competition. They don't have much mass on NK that is well known so that may be the only distraction.

A wet murky day too may suit a more physical Beale side but no I still think they will take Beale.

My own Ballydonoghue are living off reputation in NK and not the force they were two or three years ago, don't get me wrong I give us a cracking shout but if I was putting a tender with Mr Browne in Listowel my bet would be with the younger and fresher Desmonds side.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4879 - 04/10/2020 12:37:26    2295550

Link