Donegal Forum

Championship 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To [email protected]:  "I'm sure both Donegall and Kerry were sick watching the semifinals don't you think it's time to stop crying over your loss to Cavan its in the past and admit you were beaten by the better team on the day. Dublin would have beaten both you or Kerry anyway. So good luck in 2021."
It's amazing to get such a sense of sour grapes from a supporter whose county actually won the Ulster final.

greatpoint (USA) - Posts: 325 - 09/01/2021 19:45:12    2326818

Link

Will Morrison be available as well ?

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 153 - 09/01/2021 19:47:29    2326819

Link

Replying To greatpoint:  "It's amazing to get such a sense of sour grapes from a supporter whose county actually won the Ulster final."
I think deep down he's aware they happened to catch Donegal on a very bad day at the office. Fair play but don't see it happening again.

Donegal_abroad (Donegal) - Posts: 903 - 09/01/2021 20:22:57    2326820

Link

@greatpoint, What a stupid post, where's the sour grapes? jmcgovern 52 summed it up perfectly,Cavan with their 'Ulster' shock are entitled to their day in the sun.

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 288 - 10/01/2021 15:29:35    2326887

Link

Replying To thelowball:  "@greatpoint, What a stupid post, where's the sour grapes? jmcgovern 52 summed it up perfectly,Cavan with their 'Ulster' shock are entitled to their day in the sun."
This must be a record, low balls first post without mentioning bonner..

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 894 - 10/01/2021 19:36:42    2326917

Link

Replying To greatpoint:  "It's amazing to get such a sense of sour grapes from a supporter whose county actually won the Ulster final."
Far from sour grapes as a proud Cavan man I'm absolutely delighted to add to our 39 Ulster titles and hope we win a few more the point I'm making is that game is over with why keep on about it and if Donegall were to play Cavan a week later they probably would have won by 8 or 9 points but they didn't and if we meet you this year you will be favourites and rightly so as Donegall are an awesome team which I posted before we played you. Some of your previous posts mentioned why I was posting on your forum I didn't know their was a law against it I have loads of friends from Donegall Tyrone Fermanagh Derry and always read their forums. Hope that's cleared that up for you. Up Cavan.

[email protected] (Cavan) - Posts: 45 - 11/01/2021 13:15:35    2326979

Link

Wrong again @ Rory. You're the one with the fixation on Bonner. Anything less than an all Ireland final appearance will be deemed a failure and then Rory you can round up your Bonner posters and throw them in the trash can. He will have no where to hide when this year is done.

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 288 - 11/01/2021 15:54:05    2327003

Link

Replying To thelowball:  "Wrong again @ Rory. You're the one with the fixation on Bonner. Anything less than an all Ireland final appearance will be deemed a failure and then Rory you can round up your Bonner posters and throw them in the trash can. He will have no where to hide when this year is done."
Most people have kopped on to you now. We're you listening to Davy fitz on the late late show last Friday night. It's people like you he was on about. The famous keyboard warrior.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 894 - 11/01/2021 17:09:17    2327011

Link

Replying To [email protected]:  "Far from sour grapes as a proud Cavan man I'm absolutely delighted to add to our 39 Ulster titles and hope we win a few more the point I'm making is that game is over with why keep on about it and if Donegall were to play Cavan a week later they probably would have won by 8 or 9 points but they didn't and if we meet you this year you will be favourites and rightly so as Donegall are an awesome team which I posted before we played you. Some of your previous posts mentioned why I was posting on your forum I didn't know their was a law against it I have loads of friends from Donegall Tyrone Fermanagh Derry and always read their forums. Hope that's cleared that up for you. Up Cavan."
Couldn't care less where you post J. However you do well to actually read posts correctly before responding and making it about Cavan.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2492 - 11/01/2021 23:21:42    2327061

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "Will Morrison be available as well ?"
Morrison is exactly the kind of player we could do with. I'd imagine it will be the spring before he is back in action. It will depend on when the country season is played, which seems to be up in the air at the moment.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1735 - 12/01/2021 11:11:43    2327085

Link

@rory. Now u say people have kopped on! All good because it only means that there are a lot more doubters out there bout your inept manager! What's the matter Rory your gettin nervous, time is running out. Hell begone soon enough with his couple of Ulsters. Now you have the audacity to mention Davy on here! The guy has done it all. He reached the holy grail and delivered. Your changing the subject to hurling. If the sliothar or a hailstone hit u on the back of the head you wouldn't know the difference. Honestly think your the one that's knocking Davy because of the tone of your posts on here.

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 288 - 12/01/2021 11:41:10    2327088

Link

Replying To thelowball:  "@rory. Now u say people have kopped on! All good because it only means that there are a lot more doubters out there bout your inept manager! What's the matter Rory your gettin nervous, time is running out. Hell begone soon enough with his couple of Ulsters. Now you have the audacity to mention Davy on here! The guy has done it all. He reached the holy grail and delivered. Your changing the subject to hurling. If the sliothar or a hailstone hit u on the back of the head you wouldn't know the difference. Honestly think your the one that's knocking Davy because of the tone of your posts on here."
I never came across anybody that talks as much drivel. I don't even know what most of your posts are about. Maybe you should stick to your schoolbooks. And by the way have you any more players not on the squad who could make a difference hopefully it's a bit more sensible than your last bunch of saviours.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 894 - 12/01/2021 12:28:20    2327097

Link

@ Rory, Don't be a hypocrite. U know exactly what the posts are about. You have it all figured ,players management the lot!

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 288 - 12/01/2021 13:00:10    2327104

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "Kieran Gillespie is also rumour to be back also. A great addition to the squad if true"
Now that would some boost, as we seriously need some imposing physicality at the back, but it will remain to be seen if how he has recovered from fairly serious injuries.

Commodore (Donegal) - Posts: 531 - 12/01/2021 19:46:17    2327167

Link

Replying To Commodore:  "Now that would some boost, as we seriously need some imposing physicality at the back, but it will remain to be seen if how he has recovered from fairly serious injuries."
Yeah we have plenty of nice footballers for sure but we definitely need a few pigs in the team as well. And I mean that in a complimentary way!

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7163 - 13/01/2021 12:35:26    2327237

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Yeah we have plenty of nice footballers for sure but we definitely need a few pigs in the team as well. And I mean that in a complimentary way!"
I think when we are missing Stephen McMenamin, Odhran McFadden Ferry, Paddy McGrath etc, you we do look a bit nice at the back, and Kieran Gillespie really would be the natural replacement for Neil McGee if he can get back to full fitness and stay fit. I think if we can get our back 6 in order, we would be the full article.

Commodore (Donegal) - Posts: 531 - 13/01/2021 22:45:29    2327323

Link

Replying To Commodore:  "I think when we are missing Stephen McMenamin, Odhran McFadden Ferry, Paddy McGrath etc, you we do look a bit nice at the back, and Kieran Gillespie really would be the natural replacement for Neil McGee if he can get back to full fitness and stay fit. I think if we can get our back 6 in order, we would be the full article."
Yeah assuming all fit and available you could have a back 6 of...

2. Morrison
3. Gillespie
4. McMenamin
5. McFadden-Ferry
6. O'Baoill (?)
7. Eoghan Ban

or depending on the game you could have Mogan or R McHugh wing back. CHB is a position that needs attention I think.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7163 - 14/01/2021 10:24:56    2327358

Link

Neil McGee one of the first names on the sheet. Put Gillespie at no 6 if he can finally get a bit of luck and playing well.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2492 - 14/01/2021 22:08:28    2327484

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Neil McGee one of the first names on the sheet. Put Gillespie at no 6 if he can finally get a bit of luck and playing well."
Yea totally agree about Neil Mc gee if his form of last year holds up, he's a guaranteed starter. He controls things and as Conor Mc kenna found out last year he's the last player an opposing forwards wants to face. Gillespie is the big one we have to realise that the lad has played very little football in three years it's going to take him a while to get back into it. What he needs is a run of games injury free because there's no doubting the talent. Mc graths form too will be important he has had a bad run with injuries. If we keep Gillespie fit I would start him at 6 . My big wish this year is that we can afford eoin ban at wing back. Where to play Ryan Mc Hugh will be another talking point I would have in the half forward line maybe at 11 where I feel he would be dangerous and would need a lot of watching.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 894 - 15/01/2021 08:49:48    2327507

Link

any chance Tony McClenghan would throw his hat in again , different type of player and good bit of steel to him

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 153 - 15/01/2021 09:19:08    2327508

Link