Donegal Forum

Championship 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ballyshannon:  "lads, lets be clear our boys go into next year as the biggest chokers and bums since the bad old days of the early nouties unless we change something in terms of mgte they will choke again as the mentality wont change .. Losing to Cavan is psychologically a complete disaster .

Bonnar is dead duck next year , if we lose next year poor old declan gets the boot and the boys get off for another 12 months when in fairness they need to stand up and carry the responsiblity themselves next year for their embarassing perfromances this year .

I am tired of letting lads away with rubbish statements like he is a "nice defender "or is "only young" , "needs more S+C" otter losing rubbish talk"
Chokers and bums your some idiot. Players who gave there life to Donegal football and have given us some great days. Players who miss weddings, party's and social occasions to be called chokers and bums for an amateur sport. Get a life.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 946 - 04/12/2020 13:24:06    2318153

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Chokers and bums your some idiot. Players who gave there life to Donegal football and have given us some great days. Players who miss weddings, party's and social occasions to be called chokers and bums for an amateur sport. Get a life."
grow up yourself and go watch the walt disney channel for your childish happy endings ! this is intercounty football, get real ! its a massive honour to wear the Donegal jersey it opens the door to so many life and career opportunities for the lads as well ..

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 13:32:45    2318161

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Chokers and bums your some idiot. Players who gave there life to Donegal football and have given us some great days. Players who miss weddings, party's and social occasions to be called chokers and bums for an amateur sport. Get a life."
And thanks for proving my point about mentality ! Kerry 81 all irelands , Donegal Four !! i like to see you go down to Kilnarney and spout that rubbish about missing nights out

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 13:38:26    2318169

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "And thanks for proving my point about mentality ! Kerry 81 all irelands , Donegal Four !! i like to see you go down to Kilnarney and spout that rubbish about missing nights out"
Here lad, you're one to be talking. Until your club finally got over the line in the intermediate this year there were many days when they couldn't handle the favourites tag either.

So a metaphorical "kick up the hole" as you put it, is all the players need? Right so, no need for any of the backroom team so. We'll get the Sham in to give a rousing speech and all will be well with the world.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7302 - 04/12/2020 13:54:41    2318184

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Here lad, you're one to be talking. Until your club finally got over the line in the intermediate this year there were many days when they couldn't handle the favourites tag either.

So a metaphorical "kick up the hole" as you put it, is all the players need? Right so, no need for any of the backroom team so. We'll get the Sham in to give a rousing speech and all will be well with the world."
You're an idiot Donegal and Ballyshannon cant be comparted .

Ballyshannon is a fantastic club with a rich history of success , in recent years we have experienced a barren spell caused by variety issuesi.e. the changing of the school structure in the town ( the closing of De La Salle was massive lost to our football culture ) and economic factors .

But the mentality of the club has never changed and the players at our disposal have always done there best and given there all . Its not like Jason McGee is sitting on a Ballyshannon bench when we are being outfielded .

Ballyshannon is back at top table were we belong and expect to be !

i wont keep ya i am sure you have a wedding or kids birthday party to go with roryboy

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 14:10:53    2318201

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "And thanks for proving my point about mentality ! Kerry 81 all irelands , Donegal Four !! i like to see you go down to Kilnarney and spout that rubbish about missing nights out"
Who gives you the divine right to call anybody a bum or a choker. I know it's a forum but all you do is criticise players and management. As I said get a life some of those players have an all Ireland medal and some up to 5!ulsters. You must have been some player in your day if that's not good enough for you

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 946 - 04/12/2020 14:12:25    2318203

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Who gives you the divine right to call anybody a bum or a choker. I know it's a forum but all you do is criticise players and management. As I said get a life some of those players have an all Ireland medal and some up to 5!ulsters. You must have been some player in your day if that's not good enough for you"
He must have been some size as well looking down on those poor little vertically challenged players.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 730 - 04/12/2020 14:23:42    2318212

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "You're an idiot Donegal and Ballyshannon cant be comparted .

Ballyshannon is a fantastic club with a rich history of success , in recent years we have experienced a barren spell caused by variety issuesi.e. the changing of the school structure in the town ( the closing of De La Salle was massive lost to our football culture ) and economic factors .

But the mentality of the club has never changed and the players at our disposal have always done there best and given there all . Its not like Jason McGee is sitting on a Ballyshannon bench when we are being outfielded .

Ballyshannon is back at top table were we belong and expect to be !

i wont keep ya i am sure you have a wedding or kids birthday party to go with roryboy"
Jeez the rest of Donegal must have been prosperous all these years with Ballyshannon the only town suffering hardship and emigration the poor cubs. Well yez never lost your arrogance anyway that's for sure.

There is always a knee-jerk reaction from certain quarters and a want to throw the baby out with the bath water after sore defeat.

Realistically, who would you like to take over Donegal?

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7302 - 04/12/2020 14:31:27    2318216

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Who gives you the divine right to call anybody a bum or a choker. I know it's a forum but all you do is criticise players and management. As I said get a life some of those players have an all Ireland medal and some up to 5!ulsters. You must have been some player in your day if that's not good enough for you"
Rorysboy, its all about mentality do you think Jim Gavin or anyone down in Kerry cares about the past , its about the here and now . So what if David Moran has won two all ireland medals with Kerry already , so what if johnny Cooper won four all ireland medals in row , what about five in a row ?

i apologies for the term "bum" but not for using the term "choker" , that is simply the reality of what happened against Cavan and how we are perceived throughout the country right now . As much as i like Declan Bonnar as man, on managerial level two years in a row his team has flopped and he continues to fail to see the main cause for these defeats and that is he is playing too many small men and we have a soft mentality accepting sub level performances from too many top players when the pressure comes .

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 14:31:39    2318217

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Jeez the rest of Donegal must have been prosperous all these years with Ballyshannon the only town suffering hardship and emigration the poor cubs. Well yez never lost your arrogance anyway that's for sure.

There is always a knee-jerk reaction from certain quarters and a want to throw the baby out with the bath water after sore defeat.

Realistically, who would you like to take over Donegal?"
mentality not arrogance ! First choice - Jim Mcgunniess if he is back at home then why not .
Second choice - Joint mgte team of Michael Murphy and Mervyn O'Donnell ( Gweedore )

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 14:43:20    2318219

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "mentality not arrogance ! First choice - Jim Mcgunniess if he is back at home then why not .
Second choice - Joint mgte team of Michael Murphy and Mervyn O'Donnell ( Gweedore )"
The sooner you get Mc Guinness out of your head the better. What happened in the 2014 final. I rate Mc Guinness highly but reason I mention 2014 is all managers have horrible days. Mc Guinness had a few as well there's nobody perfect . So get rid of present management team and take in mervyn o donnell and Murphy..as the old saying goes unless there's somebody better to come in leave we'll enough alone.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 946 - 04/12/2020 14:58:42    2318228

Link

i honestly hope i am terrible wrong and i galdly eat plenty of humble pie made by lockjaw lol etc.. if Declan goes on to win Sam with a team consisting of the two McHughs, Mogan , McClean . O'Donnell etc..

For the record i know these lads individiually and collectively give everything but thats silly sentiment and that wont bring Sam to the hills

Happy , Safe and Healthy Christmas to all

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 15:05:29    2318231

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "The sooner you get Mc Guinness out of your head the better. What happened in the 2014 final. I rate Mc Guinness highly but reason I mention 2014 is all managers have horrible days. Mc Guinness had a few as well there's nobody perfect . So get rid of present management team and take in mervyn o donnell and Murphy..as the old saying goes unless there's somebody better to come in leave we'll enough alone."
thats a fair point about McGuinness , but i hope Declan learns from this defeat and i will leave it like that mate

ballyshannon (Donegal) - Posts: 159 - 04/12/2020 15:10:30    2318235

Link

Replying To ballyshannon:  "i honestly hope i am terrible wrong and i galdly eat plenty of humble pie made by lockjaw lol etc.. if Declan goes on to win Sam with a team consisting of the two McHughs, Mogan , McClean . O'Donnell etc..

For the record i know these lads individiually and collectively give everything but thats silly sentiment and that wont bring Sam to the hills

Happy , Safe and Healthy Christmas to all"
I go back to my baby with bathwater analogy. We all know what Ryan McHugh can do, and Mogan has definitely shown glimpses of the potential he undoubtedly has in 2020. Andrew McClean is a very good footballer as well. But if you looked at some of my earlier posts, I also advocated for bigger & more physical players being required in certain matches.

Choosing to jettison quality smaller players off the back of an admittedly very sore Ulster final defeat would be very foolish. The key for Declan and co in 2020 will be to get the balance right.

In fairness to them, who would honestly have considered Cavan a bigger and more physical threat than Armagh about a month ago? Our smaller players helped to blitz them off the park. Easy to be wise after the event.
I would agree that we were too slow to change things up against Cavan. Some good old fashioned ignorance was badly needed and it never came.

Look we're all guilty of letting our emotions get the best of us at times, but ultimately we all want to see the same thing - Donegal doing well.

Happy Christmas to everyone!

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7302 - 04/12/2020 16:15:49    2318248

Link

The Ulster draw is going to be interesting, somebody said the Ulster winners will be in the super 8 group with Connacht winners next year, I think Tyrone are going to make a big push for Ulster next year, I think the GAA might push the All Ireland back to later in the year hoping that with vaccines the crowds will be back by then.
if we get drawn against Cavan I hope the boys are up to doing themselves justice next time and bury them, it's a disgrace the way we played in this years Ulster final, they let themselves and the county down a bag full, I'm surprised Declan didn't just walk away after it, I don't really see how he has the heart to take us forward after that sh*tshow but that's how it's going to be by the looks of it.
Anyway let's hope for the best, we all want the best for Tir Chonaill.

Tirchonaill1 (Donegal) - Posts: 1369 - 04/12/2020 22:49:31    2318372

Link

They didn't let the county down at all. They tried their best in difficult times and came up short.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 641 - 05/12/2020 09:18:14    2318412

Link

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "The Ulster draw is going to be interesting, somebody said the Ulster winners will be in the super 8 group with Connacht winners next year, I think Tyrone are going to make a big push for Ulster next year, I think the GAA might push the All Ireland back to later in the year hoping that with vaccines the crowds will be back by then.
if we get drawn against Cavan I hope the boys are up to doing themselves justice next time and bury them, it's a disgrace the way we played in this years Ulster final, they let themselves and the county down a bag full, I'm surprised Declan didn't just walk away after it, I don't really see how he has the heart to take us forward after that sh*tshow but that's how it's going to be by the looks of it.
Anyway let's hope for the best, we all want the best for Tir Chonaill."
I thought I read somewhere that there will be qualifiers next year but no super 8s.While we didn't make it out of the super 8s I have to admit that I liked the idea maybe with a bit of tweaking.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 730 - 05/12/2020 10:54:47    2318443

Link

@ Rory, Constantly on here mouthing and spouting about Ulsters and the great Donegal management!Hope u enjoy the All Ireland semi final between DONEGAL and Dublin! Oops check that, should read of course , Cavan v Dublin, just another ' keyboard' mistake. Time someone pulled u out of whatever dark corner your typing in and show you the errors that are being committed by this present Donegal management.

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 307 - 05/12/2020 13:15:14    2318484

Link

Replying To thelowball:  "@ Rory, Constantly on here mouthing and spouting about Ulsters and the great Donegal management!Hope u enjoy the All Ireland semi final between DONEGAL and Dublin! Oops check that, should read of course , Cavan v Dublin, just another ' keyboard' mistake. Time someone pulled u out of whatever dark corner your typing in and show you the errors that are being committed by this present Donegal management."
Your the one that was on here spouting about ulster leagues whatever that meant. The present management must have upset you maybe your a wannabe county player that didn't make the grade. Are you still in the u.s.a lad.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 946 - 05/12/2020 13:55:22    2318497

Link

Bit of a shake up in the S&C I'm hearing. What is Bonner playing at? Sure there was absolutely nothing wrong with the S&C??? Mental....

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 63 - 05/12/2020 17:53:08    2318571

Link