Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Could playing midfield affect Seánies free taking Gerry? I felt that it did for Sheehan when he moved to the middle, you're using more energy where when Seánie plays centrforward he can move in and out from the full forward line."
Good point. I felt that when Cillian ó Connor for Mayo played deep and roved a lot his freetaking definitely was affected but Seanie puts in a big shift anyway at cf.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 631 - 14/10/2020 22:13:31    2297663

Link

Horse summed it up perfectly with what Jack Barry is lacking to be a centre back, I totally agree. I'd also hate to see Seánie at midfield. He is as good a centre forward which is a pivotal position as you could ever ask for. Playing him midfield just takes him farther away from where he can do damage which is not what you want. If it's trying to fit Paudie in like Donaghy is it can be alongside Seánie. They starred for UCC together last year.

Lads an awful lot of Kerry people are doubting Gavin Crowley at 6. Here's a prediction for ye; He'll win an All Star at centre back this year.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 14/10/2020 23:02:11    2297675

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I think Seanie is the ideal forty yard man, and he is the only one that has fitted in since Declan walked away in 2014. Still relatively young he is a serious player for Kerry, and I rate as a par with a Clifford. DC will produce the magic but Seanie gives you the consistency. Put it this way, if we win a free within forty yards, we all expect the white flag to raise.. no pressure eh.

I do think we will be moved to midfield eventually unless other options materialize, I was though very impressed with our U10 pairing earlier in the year.

Back to JB at centre back, I was be impressed with our U20 centre back in the Munster final, think his name was Casey if I'm not mistaken.."
Dylan Casey of Stacks. Wore 6 that night but started the game as a sweeper and played the second half at corner back picking up Cork's main forward. His main position is corner back I would say and I view him as a good prospect for the Senior team at corner back.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 14/10/2020 23:05:04    2297676

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Horse summed it up perfectly with what Jack Barry is lacking to be a centre back, I totally agree. I'd also hate to see Seánie at midfield. He is as good a centre forward which is a pivotal position as you could ever ask for. Playing him midfield just takes him farther away from where he can do damage which is not what you want. If it's trying to fit Paudie in like Donaghy is it can be alongside Seánie. They starred for UCC together last year.

Lads an awful lot of Kerry people are doubting Gavin Crowley at 6. Here's a prediction for ye; He'll win an All Star at centre back this year."
I like your confidence Kerry 15 but I can guarantee you he won't win an all star this year. I ll bet my house on it and neither will any other player lol. As far as I know there s no all stars this year.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 631 - 15/10/2020 09:54:07    2297707

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Was there not a thread on the main page today with some WUM biging up Kerry's chances, where did it go?

Did the usual shower get it pulled down with the usual we hate Kerry vitriol?

Never change as one of them likes to put it ;D"
I noticed that as well the hermit, another 1 of multiple usernames multi's going around Stiring the pot then probably taking it 2 far so the mods pulled it, that hasn't happened since jimbo threw his toys out of the pram about 2 years ago.

The hermit do you get the feeling as I do that the dubs on the main page don't want their team to win the allireland this year? As if they're afraid it will show up the farce the championship has become if they win the 6.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11739 - 15/10/2020 09:58:33    2297708

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I noticed that as well the hermit, another 1 of multiple usernames multi's going around Stiring the pot then probably taking it 2 far so the mods pulled it, that hasn't happened since jimbo threw his toys out of the pram about 2 years ago.

The hermit do you get the feeling as I do that the dubs on the main page don't want their team to win the allireland this year? As if they're afraid it will show up the farce the championship has become if they win the 6."
Ah not again. Can you ever let it go. Of course Dubs want to win as we do. Get over yourself. Was the championship a joke when we won 4 in a row? Dublin deserved their 5 in a row. None of us were good enough to stop the.. They were and are a fab team. I'd like nothing more than to beat them but when we are good enough. I want to beat them at football not whinging and excuses. I love Kerry but the truth sometimes hurts and Dublin prob the G. Ó. A. T. and fair play to them. However we are Kerry and in triumph we will return.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 631 - 15/10/2020 10:13:28    2297713

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Ah not again. Can you ever let it go. Of course Dubs want to win as we do. Get over yourself. Was the championship a joke when we won 4 in a row? Dublin deserved their 5 in a row. None of us were good enough to stop the.. They were and are a fab team. I'd like nothing more than to beat them but when we are good enough. I want to beat them at football not whinging and excuses. I love Kerry but the truth sometimes hurts and Dublin prob the G. Ó. A. T. and fair play to them. However we are Kerry and in triumph we will return."
Listen here mick, I was addressing a post from the hermit not from you, so mind your own business, if I'm posting something you don't like then you have the option of ignoring it and moving along to the next post..

You think the dubs are the best team ever then that's your opinion and fair enough you're entitled to that just as I'm entitled to my opinions that money + population + eternal home advantage has totally skewed the football championship in dublins favor and they should be judged different to counties that don't have all these advantages.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11739 - 15/10/2020 10:55:13    2297725

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Could playing midfield affect Seánies free taking Gerry? I felt that it did for Sheehan when he moved to the middle, you're using more energy where when Seánie plays centrforward he can move in and out from the full forward line."
That's an interesting view, you could be right. Ideally you leave him at CF, that's his best position without a doubt. We saw against Meath last year in the Championship that the closer to goal he plays the better. He can't do as much damage roaming around the middle. The reason many feel that he will end up at midfield is purely down to necessity as there aren't many elite midfielders emerging in the county unfortunately.

@Horsebox and @Kerry15 I'd agree with a lot of what ye are saying there Jack Barry is most effective as a midfielder and Gavin Crowley probably the best option right now at centre back.

I suppose these days the demarcation between positions doesn't mean as much in any case. It's almost a collective middle eight between the forties and they attack and defend as a unit, often with support from the full back / full forward lines as well.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1960 - 15/10/2020 11:41:39    2297748

Link

Just saw that thread on main page was removed alright. It was set up purely to tee off another good go at the Kerry posters on the site, so proper order.

Better to be hated than ignored as they say!!

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1960 - 15/10/2020 11:47:02    2297749

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I noticed that as well the hermit, another 1 of multiple usernames multi's going around Stiring the pot then probably taking it 2 far so the mods pulled it, that hasn't happened since jimbo threw his toys out of the pram about 2 years ago.

The hermit do you get the feeling as I do that the dubs on the main page don't want their team to win the allireland this year? As if they're afraid it will show up the farce the championship has become if they win the 6."
Ya, I saw that thread as well and commented that I was surprised that admin was actually entertaining it... at least the admin closed it down before it became a right farce.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 11:49:21    2297750

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "That's an interesting view, you could be right. Ideally you leave him at CF, that's his best position without a doubt. We saw against Meath last year in the Championship that the closer to goal he plays the better. He can't do as much damage roaming around the middle. The reason many feel that he will end up at midfield is purely down to necessity as there aren't many elite midfielders emerging in the county unfortunately.

@Horsebox and @Kerry15 I'd agree with a lot of what ye are saying there Jack Barry is most effective as a midfielder and Gavin Crowley probably the best option right now at centre back.

I suppose these days the demarcation between positions doesn't mean as much in any case. It's almost a collective middle eight between the forties and they attack and defend as a unit, often with support from the full back / full forward lines as well."
Agree GeniusGerry.. not much news from the camp in either local newspapers, the only absentee I heard of was Jack Barry... have we a full strength squad apart from that.

hermit you queried the streaming.. it is a different site to the local championship, log into gaago.ie and register, it's very straight forward and then just pay the €5..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 11:53:07    2297751

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Listen here mick, I was addressing a post from the hermit not from you, so mind your own business, if I'm posting something you don't like then you have the option of ignoring it and moving along to the next post..

You think the dubs are the best team ever then that's your opinion and fair enough you're entitled to that just as I'm entitled to my opinions that money + population + eternal home advantage has totally skewed the football championship in dublins favor and they should be judged different to counties that don't have all these advantages."
Yes you ré entitled to your opinion albeit a very biased one but this is a public forum so I'm entitled to comment as are you! Your constant whining is tiresome and no wonder many on the main forum now have a chip against Kerry with your constant excuses. Why did nt you complain bout Dubs advantages before 2011?No you wait till their winning. Get over yourself and gave a bit of respect.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 631 - 15/10/2020 11:57:51    2297754

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Yes you ré entitled to your opinion albeit a very biased one but this is a public forum so I'm entitled to comment as are you! Your constant whining is tiresome and no wonder many on the main forum now have a chip against Kerry with your constant excuses. Why did nt you complain bout Dubs advantages before 2011?No you wait till their winning. Get over yourself and gave a bit of respect."
Respect is earned mick and if dublin won their allirelands the way the rest of the country has had to then they'd have mine and a lot of other peoples respect.

I wasn't on this forum prior to 2011 so how would I have said anything on here about dublins home advantage and population ? And the news on their financial doping did get noticed till a few years after that again.

Mick you can close your eyes to it if you want and pretend these advantages don't count and use the tipical Irish saying sure what can we do?

Politics is corrupte, sure what can we do?
They want to increase our taxes, sure what can we do?
dubin have 2 many advantages, sure what can we do?

Well we can highlight these things and keep highlighting them till they change.

Ps do you think I care what people on the main page think of me? :-) And iv always said my views are my own not any1 else's I don't speak for my county I speak for myself.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11739 - 15/10/2020 12:30:25    2297764

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Respect is earned mick and if dublin won their allirelands the way the rest of the country has had to then they'd have mine and a lot of other peoples respect.

I wasn't on this forum prior to 2011 so how would I have said anything on here about dublins home advantage and population ? And the news on their financial doping did get noticed till a few years after that again.

Mick you can close your eyes to it if you want and pretend these advantages don't count and use the tipical Irish saying sure what can we do?

Politics is corrupte, sure what can we do?
They want to increase our taxes, sure what can we do?
dubin have 2 many advantages, sure what can we do?

Well we can highlight these things and keep highlighting them till they change.

Ps do you think I care what people on the main page think of me? :-) And iv always said my views are my own not any1 else's I don't speak for my county I speak for myself."
We get plenty of money ourselves. Yes Croke Park is an advantage but its the biggest stadium in the country so the finals have to be there. Its not Dublin fault Croke Park is in Dublin. Yes Dubs have advantages but to say they would nt have won without them is being unfair. Was it not unfair on Mayo in 2014 in Limerick? Without that advantage maybe we would nt have won.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 631 - 15/10/2020 14:05:41    2297781

Link

Can we just not just return to ball and leave the sniping to the main forum?.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 15/10/2020 14:29:03    2297787

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "We get plenty of money ourselves. Yes Croke Park is an advantage but its the biggest stadium in the country so the finals have to be there. Its not Dublin fault Croke Park is in Dublin. Yes Dubs have advantages but to say they would nt have won without them is being unfair. Was it not unfair on Mayo in 2014 in Limerick? Without that advantage maybe we would nt have won."
What was it the great Páidí use to say about a grain of rice tipping the scales? Can you imagine what a bag of rice can do.

I have 1 more question for you mick and this is the last il speak to you about this subject on here as I'm sure you're a dub planted here to stir thing up and I'd rather talk about my football teams games, but my question to you is this if this Kerry team go on to win the 5 in a row who's 5 in a row would be worth more? The dubs or ours?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11739 - 15/10/2020 15:21:45    2297796

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Can we just not just return to ball and leave the sniping to the main forum?."
Well horse do you think we'll beat Monaghan on Saturday?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11739 - 15/10/2020 15:22:42    2297797

Link

I was just thinking, hardly ideal going to Monaghan and they being put into Level 4.

Its impossible to predict a result in a game like this really, given we have no form guides. Monaghan are always a tricky opponent, esp at home. No shock at all if they won.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 15/10/2020 15:44:45    2297802

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "I only hear Jack Barry out. Is Andrew Barry back in panel? I'm moot sure about Seanie Shea midfield. I saw him there before and was nt impress but of course I'm prob judging him unfairly. Sure maybe it's worth a try last 2 games of league although I'd prefer him cf."
How about Pa Kilkenny from Glenbeigh? Do you think he fits into the scheme of things or is he only in the squad for the practice squad?

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 542 - 15/10/2020 15:47:44    2297804

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "What was it the great Páidí use to say about a grain of rice tipping the scales? Can you imagine what a bag of rice can do.

I have 1 more question for you mick and this is the last il speak to you about this subject on here as I'm sure you're a dub planted here to stir thing up and I'd rather talk about my football teams games, but my question to you is this if this Kerry team go on to win the 5 in a row who's 5 in a row would be worth more? The dubs or ours?"
IF...
IF ifs and ands were pots and pans...

Dublin's would be worth more as it is the first time the 5 in-a-row was done.

Kerry will never do the 5.

They barely did the 4 when Football was bad (Roscommon left '80 after them).

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 32 - 15/10/2020 16:14:26    2297811

Link