Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh Club All Stars

(Oldest Posts First)

Simple post.... what are the selectors watching? What a terrible team.
I didn't expect any from ourselves as we had a poor championship but holy smokes. Some of the people on that 15!!!

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 122 - 04/11/2020 13:01:26    2305096

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "Simple post.... what are the selectors watching? What a terrible team.
I didn't expect any from ourselves as we had a poor championship but holy smokes. Some of the people on that 15!!!"
So who do you think should have been in the allstar team?

dose. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 22 - 05/11/2020 19:43:47    2305431

Link

I wouldn't pay much notice to what shotgun says as he slobbers a bit like macca as has doesn't state the facts as to why certain players didn't merit recognitions in the Fermanagh Club All Stars listing.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 772 - 06/11/2020 11:14:18    2305521

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "I wouldn't pay much notice to what shotgun says as he slobbers a bit like macca as has doesn't state the facts as to why certain players didn't merit recognitions in the Fermanagh Club All Stars listing."
Because im not going to target and name individual people obviously!
Sean Cassidy, Finbar Gillan, Jonathon Cassidy and Eoin Beacom all shouldve been dead certs.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 122 - 07/11/2020 00:52:40    2305732

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "Because im not going to target and name individual people obviously!
Sean Cassidy, Finbar Gillan, Jonathon Cassidy and Eoin Beacom all shouldve been dead certs."
Right shotgun you say that the following should have won an Allstar
> Sean Cassidy, Ederney who plays in no.15 shirt
> Finbar Gillen, Ederney who has played in no.4, 10, 12 shirts
> Jonathon Cassidy, Enniskillen who plays in no.4 shirt
> Eoin Beacom, Enniskillen plays in no.8 shirt
So, looking at those mentioned below who won Allstars it is obvious who you think shouldn't have won!
1. Chris Snow, Ederney
2. Paddy McGovern, Kinawley
3. Michael Jones, Derrygonnelly
4. Cian McManus, Teemore
5. Ryan Hanna, Coa
6. Eamon McHugh, Derrygonnelly
7. Declan McCusker, Ederney
8. Martin McGrath, Ederney
9. Stephen McGullion, Derrygonnelly
10. Paul McCusker, Ederney
11. Mark McCauley, Ederney
12. Ciaran Corrigan, Maguiresbridge
13. Conor Love, Enniskillen
14. Richard O'Callaghan, Enniskillen
15. Fearghal McGovern, Derrylin

Coa_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1166 - 07/11/2020 20:55:02    2305927

Link

Replying To Coa_gael:  "Right shotgun you say that the following should have won an Allstar
So, looking at those mentioned below who won Allstars it is obvious who you think shouldn't have won!
1. Chris Snow, Ederney
4. Cian McManus, Teemore
5. Ryan Hanna, Coa
15. Fearghal McGovern, Derrylin"
Any All star awards always cause debate... I think the team picked was a decent pick. You have to have players from all 3 championships... so people will always be left out.

Finbar Gillen didn't play any of them positions for Ederney... he was in the half back area. Only really played the final... so I don't think he would have warranted an all star over the half back options there.

Ederney already having a sizeable proportion of the team probably counted against Sean Cassidy getting a slot in the full forward line.

Think Eoin Beacom could have got a slot in the team ahead of stephen mcgullion... don't forget he got sent off in the senior final when the game was in the balance. Johnny Cassidy probably should have got in somewhere.

Again.. all star awards always cause a debate. Great initiative by Teemore as it is a great way of promoting the championships!

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 84 - 09/11/2020 11:04:47    2306696

Link

Replying To sidelinecut40:  "Any All star awards always cause debate... I think the team picked was a decent pick. You have to have players from all 3 championships... so people will always be left out.

Finbar Gillen didn't play any of them positions for Ederney... he was in the half back area. Only really played the final... so I don't think he would have warranted an all star over the half back options there.

Ederney already having a sizeable proportion of the team probably counted against Sean Cassidy getting a slot in the full forward line.

Think Eoin Beacom could have got a slot in the team ahead of stephen mcgullion... don't forget he got sent off in the senior final when the game was in the balance. Johnny Cassidy probably should have got in somewhere.

Again.. all star awards always cause a debate. Great initiative by Teemore as it is a great way of promoting the championships!"
I wouldn't have seen Gillen playing that often as his team is in div1 but I named those positions from online football photos of him wearing shirts no4, 10 and 12. I didn't say he wasn't a half back!

Coa_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1166 - 09/11/2020 12:13:26    2306743

Link

Replying To Coa_gael:  "Right shotgun you say that the following should have won an Allstar
1. Chris Snow, Ederney
4. Cian McManus, Teemore
5. Ryan Hanna, Coa
15. Fearghal McGovern, Derrylin"
It really does show your knowledge if you are picking positions based on jersey number. Maybe you were one of the selection panel !!

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 122 - 09/11/2020 16:54:42    2306902

Link