Fermanagh Forum

Is There Any Fit Footballers - I Mean Game Fit!

(Oldest Posts First)

I was wondering what is happening back home in Fermanagh football and if county and/or club games going ahead in 2020? If so, are footballers match fit? It takes a lengthy lead-in period to get to proper game fitness and with no apparent group training or preparation games, I doubt if we will see any great quality if there is a return to normal fixtures.
Then there is the money and sponsorship issue, so is the GAA HQ people going to give any support to struggling clubs?

SkeaLad (Fermanagh) - Posts: 497 - 13/05/2020 19:49:55    2278079

Link

Replying To SkeaLad:  "I was wondering what is happening back home in Fermanagh football and if county and/or club games going ahead in 2020? If so, are footballers match fit? It takes a lengthy lead-in period to get to proper game fitness and with no apparent group training or preparation games, I doubt if we will see any great quality if there is a return to normal fixtures.
Then there is the money and sponsorship issue, so is the GAA HQ people going to give any support to struggling clubs?"
Get real mate. You are Slabbering a bit like macca because how to you expect the GAA central or county funds to fork out money to clubs that have over stretched themselves financially with sometimes needless developments or enhancement to their facilities. It's simple no gates no funds!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 756 - 14/05/2020 09:32:52    2278104

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "Get real mate. You are Slabbering a bit like macca because how to you expect the GAA central or county funds to fork out money to clubs that have over stretched themselves financially with sometimes needless developments or enhancement to their facilities. It's simple no gates no funds!"
I wasn't expecting to receive such a critical response. I think your own Gaels club won't escape with no clubhouse bar or halftime draw or a slice of the gate from inter county games gate takings. Take that mate and swallowed it!

SkeaLad (Fermanagh) - Posts: 497 - 14/05/2020 13:18:21    2278127

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "Get real mate. You are Slabbering a bit like macca because how to you expect the GAA central or county funds to fork out money to clubs that have over stretched themselves financially with sometimes needless developments or enhancement to their facilities. It's simple no gates no funds!"
Only one person slabbering here,look in the mirror "gaallthenway"

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 896 - 16/05/2020 14:53:38    2278384

Link

Although, I don't want to become involved in tit-for-tat pattern of unpleasantness between macca999 and gaalltheway I think there is not much difference in the content they post here.

In respect of the apparent offending word "slabbering", implying that one is talking unintelligibly, is according to Oxford English how the Irish and Scottish refer to the situation whilst the English prefer to use the word "waffling."
That being the case macca's postings have been often referred to as "waffling" on this forum so I think both posters concerned in the present controversial comments should take on the chin and move on.

Getting back to the sensible questions posed by skealad, I believe that there would be very few game fit players at county never mind club level in the country never mind our own county at this time for obvious reasons. As regards the question of funding of the game as things go forward I believe that issue needs addressing at all levels in the GAA family in order to find solutions. Therefore, behind the scenes I hope that some serious debate and planning is going on by all clubs, county boards and at Croke Park GAA HQ via safe communication arrangements.

Let's hope that one day we all can return safely to the national sport of our country.

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 236 - 17/05/2020 17:43:37    2278514

Link