Fermanagh Forum

Ulster Club Football Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First)

Does anyone know if the junior , intermediate and senior draws have been made for the club championships yet? In football and hurling ?

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 03/07/2019 13:54:43    2204914

Link

Fixtures:
Saturday 19 October
Ulster club IFC first round
Grange (Armagh) v Galbally (Tyrone), Crossmaglen, 4pm
Ulster club JFC quarter-final
Glack (Derry) v Rock (Tyrone), Owenbeg, 7pm
Sunday 20 October
Ulster club SFC first round
Cargin (Antrim) v Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh), Corrigan Park, 2.30pm
Ulster club JFC quarter-finals
Collegeland (Armagh) v Buncrana (Donegal), Athletic Grounds, 2pm
Killinkere (Cavan) v Bright (Down), Kingspan Breffni, 2.30pm
Blackhill (Monaghan) v Maguiresbridge (Fermanagh), Inniskeen, 2.30pm

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 18/10/2019 16:55:24    2244266

Link

Results:
Sunday 20 October
Cargin (Antrim) 0-12 Derrygonnelly 2-10
Blackhill (Monaghan) 1-16 Maguiresbridge 0-9

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 20/10/2019 15:59:44    2244566

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Results:
Sunday 20 October
Cargin (Antrim) 0-12 Derrygonnelly 2-10
Blackhill (Monaghan) 1-16 Maguiresbridge 0-9"
Well done DG, great to see a win! No matter what club you are from its nice to see a Fermanagh club winning games in ulster!

Not to put a negative on it but Antrim probably would have been the most favourable draw!

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 77 - 20/10/2019 16:30:38    2244568

Link

Fixtures:
Sunday 3rd Nov 2019
Ulster GAA Football Intermediate Club Championship Quarter Final
Kinawley v Glenn (Co Down)
At Brewster Park @ 12:30 PM. Referee: Enda McFeely (Donegal)
Ulster GAA Football Senior Club Championship Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly v Tríllick
At Brewster Park @ 2:30 PM. Referee: Niall McKenna (Monaghan)

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 01/11/2019 13:44:13    2246989

Link

I can see Kinawley scraping a win and doing well in Ulster. Two Corrigans and young Tom Keenan are a huge threat.
Unfortunately Trillick will probably be a step too far for DG. Hopefully Brewster will be an advantage though. Trillick are my tip for Ulster.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 02/11/2019 01:43:10    2247169

Link

Shotgun your assumption that Kinawley will scrape through in these club championship is ill founded. The KInawley team is bit like their new clock which has yet to materialise and so it is with the team as it's not their time yet!
I agree with you that Derrygonnelly is not on the same level as Trillick and will end up with just shining their easily acquired Fermanagh silverware!
Regrettably, Fermanagh clubs are not up to provincial never mind thinking about national level.

hillbilly. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 26 - 02/11/2019 18:18:55    2247253

Link

Replying To hillbilly.:  "Shotgun your assumption that Kinawley will scrape through in these club championship is ill founded. The KInawley team is bit like their new clock which has yet to materialise and so it is with the team as it's not their time yet!
I agree with you that Derrygonnelly is not on the same level as Trillick and will end up with just shining their easily acquired Fermanagh silverware!
Regrettably, Fermanagh clubs are not up to provincial never mind thinking about national level."
We will see. I think I am right in saying this Down team are missing their 3 key county men the whole year due to travelling. Niall mcparland and shay + ronan millar. ill founded. Don't make me laugh

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 02/11/2019 21:44:02    2247306

Link

Results:
Sunday 3rd Nov 2019
Kinawley 0-7 Glenn (Co Down) 1-6
Derrygonnelly 1-17 v Tríllick (Co Tyrone) 3-11 after extra time. After a Penalty Shoot Out with 5/5 for both teams the Sudden Death Shoot Out declared Derrygonnelly 6/5 and the winner allowing them to progress to the semi final to take on Kilcoo (Co Down).

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 03/11/2019 16:54:37    2247427

Link

Sunday 3rd Nov 2019
Derrygonnelly 1-17 v Tríllick (Co Tyrone) 3-11 after extra time. After a Penalty Shoot Out with 5/5 for both teams the Sudden Death Shoot Out declared Derrygonnelly 6/5 and the winner allowing them to progress to the semi final to take on Kilcoo (Co Down)."
unlucky kinawley , as the derrygonnelly v trillick game showed you need to take your scores from 40 metres at this standard. Well done Harps, a good day for them and Fermanagh ----Fermanagh are better than we think but we have been held back by playing ultra defensive football this past few years. Maybe the future is bright after all. Also well done Brewster Park groundsmen and also todays referee who let the game flow mostly and gave the attendance a great days entertainment.

luisfigo (Fermanagh) - Posts: 9 - 03/11/2019 19:27:06    2247483

Link

Replying To luisfigo:  "
Sunday 3rd Nov 2019
Derrygonnelly 1-17 v Tríllick (Co Tyrone) 3-11 after extra time. After a Penalty Shoot Out with 5/5 for both teams the Sudden Death Shoot Out declared Derrygonnelly 6/5 and the winner allowing them to progress to the semi final to take on Kilcoo (Co Down)."
unlucky kinawley , as the derrygonnelly v trillick game showed you need to take your scores from 40 metres at this standard. Well done Harps, a good day for them and Fermanagh ----Fermanagh are better than we think but we have been held back by playing ultra defensive football this past few years. Maybe the future is bright after all. Also well done Brewster Park groundsmen and also todays referee who let the game flow mostly and gave the attendance a great days entertainment."
Agreed , DG v Trillick was a Super game and the ref let things go. Definitely didn't see it coming but the Harps were well worth their win. Absolutely dominated the middle sector. Matthew Donnelly's injury was a big turning point I feel though as he was running Daily ragged inside the whole half.

Kinawley kicked themselves out of the game, and missing that penalty at the end was the difference sadly.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 03/11/2019 20:45:04    2247512

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "
Replying To hillbilly.:  "Shotgun your assumption that Kinawley will scrape through in these club championship is ill founded. The KInawley team is bit like their new clock which has yet to materialise and so it is with the team as it's not their time yet!
Regrettably, Fermanagh clubs are not up to provincial never mind thinking about national level."
We will see. I think I am right in saying this Down team are missing their 3 key county men the whole year due to travelling. Niall mcparland and shay + ronan millar. ill founded. Don't make me laugh"
This is a Glenn team missing their 3 county players, another player to have played for down, their 2 captains and their top scorer who only came off the bench the last 5 mins due to struggling with an injury. For me Glenn were always in control and were the better team and deserved winners. For me the reason Kinawley lost the game is due to the two Corrigans.. Are they the only 2 players that are allowed to shoot? Why does the final pass have to go to them? If the two of them could play together alone they would.

Hedgehunter (Down) - Posts: 18 - 04/11/2019 12:12:25    2247632

Link

Replying To Hedgehunter:  "
Replying To shotgun:  "[quote=hillbilly.:  "Shotgun your assumption that Kinawley will scrape through in these club championship is ill founded. The KInawley team is bit like their new clock which has yet to materialise and so it is with the team as it's not their time yet!
We will see. I think I am right in saying this Down team are missing their 3 key county men the whole year due to travelling. Niall mcparland and shay + ronan millar. ill founded. Don't make me laugh"
This is a Glenn team missing their 3 county players, another player to have played for down, their 2 captains and their top scorer who only came off the bench the last 5 mins due to struggling with an injury. For me Glenn were always in control and were the better team and deserved winners. For me the reason Kinawley lost the game is due to the two Corrigans.. Are they the only 2 players that are allowed to shoot? Why does the final pass have to go to them? If the two of them could play together alone they would."]Well said Hedge! Cleverly summed up as the Corrigans think they are the elite and beyond their team players. The only think missing about Kinawley is their fancy clock/scoreboard!!

hillbilly. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 26 - 04/11/2019 20:43:24    2247761

Link

Replying To Hedgehunter:  "
Replying To shotgun:  "[quote=hillbilly.:  "Shotgun your assumption that Kinawley will scrape through in these club championship is ill founded. The KInawley team is bit like their new clock which has yet to materialise and so it is with the team as it's not their time yet!
This is a Glenn team missing their 3 county players, another player to have played for down, their 2 captains and their top scorer who only came off the bench the last 5 mins due to struggling with an injury. For me Glenn were always in control and were the better team and deserved winners. For me the reason Kinawley lost the game is due to the two Corrigans.. Are they the only 2 players that are allowed to shoot? Why does the final pass have to go to them? If the two of them could play together alone they would."]Yes I had heard Glenn were missing a lot. That's why I had tipped Kinawley. A bit harsh but I agree the 2 Corrigan's had an off day. They were superb in the Fermanagh championship though but everyone has a poor day , and theirs just happened to be the same one.
They cannot be blamed as nobody else stepped up to the mark when they weren't near their best.
Shaun Doherty for me was their best player and he's probably the oldest or second oldest on the pitch.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 09/11/2019 16:06:21    2248784

Link

Fixtures:
Sunday 17th Nov 2019
Ulster Football Senior Club Championship Semi Final
Derrygonnelly Harps v Kilcoo (Co Down)
At the Athletic Grounds, Armagh @ 3:00 PM. Referee: Padraig Hughes

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 15/11/2019 18:41:22    2249787

Link

Result:
Sunday 17th Nov 2019
Derrygonnelly 0-9 Kilcoo 1-8

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 17/11/2019 16:26:18    2250009

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Result:
Sunday 17th Nov 2019
Derrygonnelly 0-9 Kilcoo 1-8"
DG must be kicking themselves after that. Kilcoo there for the taking. Game plan worked well for first 5 minutes then there appeared to be no tactical reaction to Kilcoo switch.
But leaving that aside, I cant remember a team with a poorer return from free-taking than what I saw yesterday. Anyway, despite all that DG continues to raise the bar for all club football in the county and I salute you

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 229 - 18/11/2019 14:40:55    2250163

Link

Can see the Harps winning another 3 on top of their haul already. When you have Paul Ward probably returning next year. As well as Leigh Jones. 2 quality club players. Gary Mckenna would also probably start when fully committed and fit. Ominous for everyone else. Leckers probably the best equipped to stop or challenge them.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 82 - 18/11/2019 19:21:27    2250228

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "Can see the Harps winning another 3 on top of their haul already. When you have Paul Ward probably returning next year. As well as Leigh Jones. 2 quality club players. Gary Mckenna would also probably start when fully committed and fit. Ominous for everyone else. Leckers probably the best equipped to stop or challenge them."
2020 Championship is for the Leckers to lose..u heard it here first

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 229 - 26/11/2019 12:14:21    2251524

Link