Dublin Forum

Merry Chrti5tma5 And A Happy New Year

(Oldest Posts First)

It was a great year folks. Hope ye all have a great Christmas. Looking forward to the New
Year.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1325 - 20/12/2019 10:09:25    2255672

Link

Replying To avonali:  "It was a great year folks. Hope ye all have a great Christmas. Looking forward to the New
Year."
;)

Good man

The very 5ame to you

Merry Chri5tma5 and a Dessie New Year

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20035 - 20/12/2019 12:26:34    2255687

Link

Happy Xmas Gents & best wishes and thoughts to those who might be feeling it this year for any reason.

Most important of all up the Dub5. ;)

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 21/12/2019 19:02:43    2255822

Link

Merry Xma5 all.
Have a great one.

Up the DUB5

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 23/12/2019 17:05:59    2256008

Link

Hi Dub5,

Hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year.

Posting this on the Dublin page for fear of it being misconstrued as a wind up or accused of being negatively provocative.... But this is an honest post..!

Have to say it is the same old crap on the main pages and it is no wonder so many Dublin posters have left.
Admin have tried but the same protagonists continue to stir things up....

I for one did not take the utter bile, lies, innuendo, and extreme bitterness posted by certain posters on the main page.
I tried to ignore most, but the protective nature is such that I bite back....

I wont stoop to their low levels and name names etc but some of their posts have been vicious to say the least.

And most are only posted to create a huge anti Dublin agenda on here.

Also, a lot of spoilt kids especially from kerry because they are not the top dog. No time for them...
Their true colours have really come to the fore in the past year.

Think it is time for a break also, as per Jimbo, Wayno, Real Dub etc etc.

Atha Cliath Abu, keep the blue flag proudly flying and come on the 5 IN A ROW DUB5 ;o)

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 07/01/2020 12:34:16    2257948

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Hi Dub5,

Hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year.

Posting this on the Dublin page for fear of it being misconstrued as a wind up or accused of being negatively provocative.... But this is an honest post..!

Have to say it is the same old crap on the main pages and it is no wonder so many Dublin posters have left.
Admin have tried but the same protagonists continue to stir things up....

I for one did not take the utter bile, lies, innuendo, and extreme bitterness posted by certain posters on the main page.
I tried to ignore most, but the protective nature is such that I bite back....

I wont stoop to their low levels and name names etc but some of their posts have been vicious to say the least.

And most are only posted to create a huge anti Dublin agenda on here.

Also, a lot of spoilt kids especially from kerry because they are not the top dog. No time for them...
Their true colours have really come to the fore in the past year.

Think it is time for a break also, as per Jimbo, Wayno, Real Dub etc etc.

Atha Cliath Abu, keep the blue flag proudly flying and come on the 5 IN A ROW DUB5 ;o)"
I hope as the season evolves more of you guys will come back. I have to agree that it is hard to bite your tongue and not repond to insults aimed at your county. Some of the insults got quite nasty and personal.
You try not to respond but when you are proud of your county and certain posters just want to denigrate and insult your county's brilliant achievements it's impossible not to bite back. I feel that Dublin posters get a raw deal here sometimes. Certain posters can do and say what they want with apparent immunity. You compose a considered response then admin just decides on a whim to suppress it with out apparent reason. In furiating and a little rude.
I actually think admin's recent 'intervention' was a not so subtle attempt to stir things up again.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1325 - 08/01/2020 11:23:04    2258158

Link

Ah i dont take it to seriously to be honest, with success comes a bit hurt, bitterness and begrudgery, lads only let themselves down and their county down really, would be a bad space to be in to be going on like that so i actually feel a bit sorry for them.

The one thing id wish for though, would be that they had a bit of craic about them, they are so serious and dry. At least some of our banter has bit and fun and humor about it. Very dry and boring and over persoilised.

Id actually enjoy a good slagging off if there was a bit of craic or fun about it. But most of those fellas strike me as the type you'd dread walking toward you in the boozer, thats how i think of them.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 08/01/2020 17:28:13    2258252

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Ah i dont take it to seriously to be honest, with success comes a bit hurt, bitterness and begrudgery, lads only let themselves down and their county down really, would be a bad space to be in to be going on like that so i actually feel a bit sorry for them.

The one thing id wish for though, would be that they had a bit of craic about them, they are so serious and dry. At least some of our banter has bit and fun and humor about it. Very dry and boring and over persoilised.

Id actually enjoy a good slagging off if there was a bit of craic or fun about it. But most of those fellas strike me as the type you'd dread walking toward you in the boozer, thats how i think of them."
That would be close to the impression I'd get too.

Remember what Paidi said about Kerry fans.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1325 - 08/01/2020 21:27:37    2258285

Link