Down Forum

2019/2020 League And Championship

(Oldest Posts First)

I know the league and the championship are a long time away, however would like to know other users opinions on the upcoming season. Will the mighty Kilcoo retain their throne or will another club step up to the game. Also will Ballycran bring home the 27th County championship?

Gaaman12345 (UK) - Posts: 6 - 22/11/2019 14:42:08    2250882

Link

Replying To Gaaman12345:  "I know the league and the championship are a long time away, however would like to know other users opinions on the upcoming season. Will the mighty Kilcoo retain their throne or will another club step up to the game. Also will Ballycran bring home the 27th County championship?"
Only time will tell,

I reckon warrenpoint will be a team to watch and also burren. But my heart wants kilcoo to bring it home.

For the hurling, I reckon we crans will bring it home for the 3 in a row. Ports are good but young and dont really have the bottle. The galgets are the same, they are young and lack the experience. Ballycran have the experience and hopefully this year push on a few young lads onto the team and push on from the down seniors and take on Ulster again.

Fball- warrenpoint v kilcoo final
Hurling-ballycran v ballygalget final

Antrimroad (Down) - Posts: 71 - 22/11/2019 17:10:32    2250903

Link

Let's get Christmas over first lol. Hopefully Portaferry stop the crans long way to go before championship

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 190 - 22/11/2019 17:58:26    2250913

Link

Replying To Antrimroad:  "Only time will tell,

I reckon warrenpoint will be a team to watch and also burren. But my heart wants kilcoo to bring it home.

For the hurling, I reckon we crans will bring it home for the 3 in a row. Ports are good but young and dont really have the bottle. The galgets are the same, they are young and lack the experience. Ballycran have the experience and hopefully this year push on a few young lads onto the team and push on from the down seniors and take on Ulster again.

Fball- warrenpoint v kilcoo final
Hurling-ballycran v ballygalget final"
My god Antrim road to say ports don't have the bottle you should have went to some games this year had a look instead of talking nonsense

ianog (Down) - Posts: 413 - 24/11/2019 05:39:28    2251067

Link

Replying To ianog:  "My god Antrim road to say ports don't have the bottle you should have went to some games this year had a look instead of talking nonsense"
Yes, heard about a few game to be fair to ya but when it mattered against us in the final they where non existent also very very poor against a galget side who most would have written off completely but they put it up to both the ports and the crans.

Antrimroad (Down) - Posts: 71 - 24/11/2019 11:04:18    2251083

Link

Replying To Antrimroad:  "Yes, heard about a few game to be fair to ya but when it mattered against us in the final they where non existent also very very poor against a galget side who most would have written off completely but they put it up to both the ports and the crans."
Not turning up is one thing not having the bottle I'd smother as for the galgets they are the best of the 3 to get the most outta what they have and I say if the match v crans went another 5 mins most likely would have won but it's all ifs and buts

ianog (Down) - Posts: 413 - 24/11/2019 14:32:14    2251108

Link