Donegal Forum

Managerial Appointments 2021

(Oldest Posts First)

I've heard that Kevin Cassidy is taking Gaoth Dobhair next year with the help of Maxi Curran and that Rory Kavanagh is taking St Eunans. Any other word of managerial appointments? I assume there'll be no changes in Kilcar or N. Conaill until after the county final?

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 89 - 23/11/2020 14:05:05    2313984

Link

Replying To DL_Man:  "I've heard that Kevin Cassidy is taking Gaoth Dobhair next year with the help of Maxi Curran and that Rory Kavanagh is taking St Eunans. Any other word of managerial appointments? I assume there'll be no changes in Kilcar or N. Conaill until after the county final?"
Is it not Stephen Cassidy?

railwayman (Donegal) - Posts: 10 - 23/11/2020 18:49:02    2314195

Link

https://www.donegalsporthub.com/curran-goes-west-as-gaoth-dobhair-move-to-install-new-management/

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 89 - 23/11/2020 21:37:24    2314328

Link

Replying To railwayman:  "Is it not Stephen Cassidy?"
No it is Kevin and Joe Duffy. Maxi Curran is in as a coach I think.

JoeSoap (Donegal) - Posts: 1162 - 24/11/2020 11:51:00    2314572

Link

Maxi one of the top managers in donegal. Fully expect gweedore to win donegal next year

Gaelbomber (Donegal) - Posts: 24 - 25/11/2020 11:14:54    2315121

Link

Replying To Gaelbomber:  "Maxi one of the top managers in donegal. Fully expect gweedore to win donegal next year"
Maxi bound to be good for gweedore, he's a new voice who's been around the block. He divides opinion but I certainly think he's a good coach.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 886 - 25/11/2020 12:53:41    2315170

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Maxi bound to be good for gweedore, he's a new voice who's been around the block. He divides opinion but I certainly think he's a good coach."
A good coach? A good manager? Based on what? One Donegal Senior Club Championship?

Glenman (Donegal) - Posts: 182 - 26/11/2020 09:34:28    2315516

Link

Replying To Gaelbomber:  "Maxi one of the top managers in donegal. Fully expect gweedore to win donegal next year"
He has won nothing as a mgr in the game

1 senior champ with us that the players in that camp would of won on their own with nobody in charge

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1176 - 26/11/2020 10:00:27    2315528

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "He has won nothing as a mgr in the game

1 senior champ with us that the players in that camp would of won on their own with nobody in charge"
they haven't managed much since then so!

beidhmeanseo (Donegal) - Posts: 76 - 26/11/2020 12:52:11    2315591

Link

Replying To beidhmeanseo:  "they haven't managed much since then so!"
Massive hit on eunans4ever, taken completely out of the game, stretchered off to a waiting ambulance, confirmed concussion .

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 479 - 27/11/2020 13:41:48    2315920

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "Massive hit on eunans4ever, taken completely out of the game, stretchered off to a waiting ambulance, confirmed concussion ."
Think it was Roryboy that took that big hit, hasn't been makin much sense on here, continually supporting a losing management entity. Surely the Cavan beating worse than any Wall Street crash!

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 283 - 27/11/2020 15:57:55    2315958

Link

Bonner's announcement must have come as a huge blow to you. You'll soon be crawling back under your rock for another while. February not far away now , wonder will there any change to management bonner seems to have a lot of contacts will he spring another big name surprise or will he stick with the tried and trusted suppose 2 ulsters in 3years not too bad seeing we don't have a huge amount of ulsters but to get to the holy grail will no doubt be the next target. It's only been less than a week but can't wait to get back following the boys again might even see you low ball but I doubt you would have time to follow the boys. Too bitter comes to mind.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 886 - 27/11/2020 17:27:43    2315977

Link

You and Bonner must have banged heads under the rock u keep alluding to. These couple of 'Ulsters' that have you so excited look like they have you confused, as in the Ulster League. This is the All Ireland GAA that Donegal compete in not rugby or soccer.Hope I am wrong but last Sunday set Donegal back, what with Kerry out of the way, huge chance at All Ireland success missed. The Tyrone's and Kerries of the world will be chomping at the bit again too. Reach for the stars and don't know what the 'bitter' thing is about. Are u a weatherman?

thelowball (USA) - Posts: 283 - 28/11/2020 13:47:10    2316150

Link

Donegal's plan of playing small attacking defenders is not working, this is probably coming from Rochford who used it for Mayo and it failed there also, no good defenders going on great runs up the field and then loosing the ball and nobody at the back them to defend. The odd time the defender will keep going and get a great point but most times it leaves nobody defending and a soft goal comes from it, this happened to Mayo on numerous occasions. The first job of defenders is to defend and Donegals defence is not doing that. Put Murphy in the square and leave him there, it will take two players and a sweeper to look after him, but leaving plenty other Donegal forwards to kick points from 20 to 30 yards out, . let the defenders defend and coach the forwards to kick points from play.

jacktheboy (Donegal) - Posts: 62 - 28/11/2020 17:35:15    2316205

Link

Replying To thelowball:  "You and Bonner must have banged heads under the rock u keep alluding to. These couple of 'Ulsters' that have you so excited look like they have you confused, as in the Ulster League. This is the All Ireland GAA that Donegal compete in not rugby or soccer.Hope I am wrong but last Sunday set Donegal back, what with Kerry out of the way, huge chance at All Ireland success missed. The Tyrone's and Kerries of the world will be chomping at the bit again too. Reach for the stars and don't know what the 'bitter' thing is about. Are u a weatherman?"
Don't know what your on about lad. What's this Ulster league your on about. Am I missing something

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 886 - 29/11/2020 17:19:27    2316538

Link