Wexford Forum

Wexford Hurling 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To boarts:  "you're have to be joking if you think sheehy daly english cunningham etc... would be interested in taking on a county with as little hurling talent as wexford--------------seriously but, these guys are looking for winners"
And where were the limericks senior team last Sunday?? Not in thurles...

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 27/07/2016 12:07:48    1890887

Link

Liam hasnt progressed wexford hurling at all in my eyes!!! All he achieved was beating a clare team that was on its knees and a waterford team that didnt know what they were at and now look at them!! Hes got rid of players he should have kept and brought in a load of young lads who are not up to it!! We have two very good hurlers who seem to hurl well every day in chin and mcdonald,after that u can throw ur hat at it!! We go on about lads been injured yet when they were playing we get beat the same anyway!!so i see no progress. The County board bottled it and so did the players when they had the chance to get rid of him at the start of this year!! Wexford hurling need a change!! Just because he was a good hurler and a wexford hero which he always will hes a hero of mine and i respect him as a hurler and for taking the job when no one wanted it,but its time to step aside and lets get a man who has a proven record of success at management level at least!! Even at that its going to be a tough job for a man id have to say!!!

theboys (Wexford) - Posts: 176 - 27/07/2016 12:17:39    1890889

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "And where were the limericks senior team last Sunday?? Not in thurles..."
limerick have the players to get one of those guys or someone similar wexford dont
last sunday?????? really
limerick hurling is miles ahead of wexford
you will deny this,better to act on it than spoof on

boarts (Limerick) - Posts: 67 - 27/07/2016 12:48:44    1890907

Link

have to agree with the limerick guy
amazes me some of these wexford can stand up, spineless

filenacleeragh (Cork) - Posts: 52 - 27/07/2016 12:53:54    1890911

Link

Replying To boarts:  "limerick have the players to get one of those guys or someone similar wexford dont
last sunday?????? really
you will deny this,better to act on it than spoof on"
Need I mention 1994 and 1996 - enough said slimy green. .

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 27/07/2016 13:54:38    1890943

Link

Replying To hurler101:  "I find it amazing how you are so blind in your belief that you claim they had the same team! Oulart had 4 or 5 new players this year and most of the main players are at the tail end of their careers.
Dunne had oulart in their prime! 7 and 8 players county fit, county sharp and still didnt achieve!"
Lads theres a huge difference between club and county hurling

hogan35 (Kilkenny) - Posts: 93 - 27/07/2016 14:06:09    1890955

Link

Replying To boarts:  "limerick have the players to get one of those guys or someone similar wexford dont
last sunday?????? really
you will deny this,better to act on it than spoof on"
If you had bothered to read that post properly you would have seen that I said realistically jj Doyle or frank flannery are the only people I can see as our next manager,I only mentioned sheedy and English in a hypothetical situation,anyway why shouldn't we aim for someone like that,fair enough we haven't got someone in the background pumping us with cash but no harm in showing ambition

Also most people here from wexford don't think we'll be winning all Ireland's but we believe we have the players to be competitive,our issue seems to be management sounds a bit like yourselves to be fair

Your a good example of a lot of arrogant limerick posters here with a chip on there shoulder,perfect example seen lots of stuff on your page about how ye'll hammer Tipperary in the u21 that went to plan,for a county who bar a few exceptions have been experts in underachieving and unfulfilled potential for 10 or 15 years I find this arrogance baffling

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 27/07/2016 14:29:52    1890966

Link

Replying To hurler101:  "Read your post. The only insult on anyones intelligence is in your first sentence.
I note you have nothing to say about the substance of my post. Funny how you pick at my frazing when you have no facts to argue against my logic!! No fear of me insulting your intelligence anyway!"
So now we have to interpret you phraseology to what you really mean? Well my God, what next?

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 27/07/2016 14:59:39    1890989

Link

Replying To hogan35:  "Lads theres a huge difference between club and county hurling"
No doubt about that but its only logical progression that if flannery did better for oulart he should do better for Wexford. Maybe he wouldnt but its a well reasoned argument for him replacing dunne! If every team only picked managers with intercounty experience how does someone new get onto the ladder??

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 27/07/2016 15:13:15    1891004

Link

Theboys 'beating a Clare team that were on their knees'... you'd want to check your facts there, Clare where the all Ireland champions at the time. Silly meaningless comment.

We beat Cork for the first time in 60 years. I wouldn't agree that only two players ever play well. Mathew O Hanlon has been outstanding in the last three championship games. Certainly Conor Mc doesn't hurl well everyday, he getting more consistent but not the finished product. Look at all the new players that were introduced over the last few years and now we're only starting to build a new team. There's loads of progress made, just take the chip and personal agenda off your shoulders.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 27/07/2016 15:37:27    1891021

Link

Replying To gminor:  "So now we have to interpret you phraseology to what you really mean? Well my God, what next?"
Its called reading things in context. Not that difficult to do really.
I have come to realise its more than pointless interacting with you gminor. You havd no informed opinions, little or no knowledge of whats going on anywhere in the county and when somebody challenges your views you have no logic or nothing of substance you can use to back up what you say!!
I will have to resist pointing out how poorly informed you are and ignore your blinkered view of how wexford can move forward!! It will be tough but its a futile exercise!!

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 27/07/2016 16:10:26    1891042

Link

Replying To hurler101:  "Its called reading things in context. Not that difficult to do really.
I have come to realise its more than pointless interacting with you gminor. You havd no informed opinions, little or no knowledge of whats going on anywhere in the county and when somebody challenges your views you have no logic or nothing of substance you can use to back up what you say!!
I will have to resist pointing out how poorly informed you are and ignore your blinkered view of how wexford can move forward!! It will be tough but its a futile exercise!!"
hurler101 i realised that once i questioned him on who hurled well in the leinster minor hurling final which i could not make,he named his ticket/seat/whatever and i asked him who hurled well etc and he didn't have a clue.
i am not sure if he is deliberately trolling or what.....all he seems to have is an obsesssion with defending liam dunne! in fairness to castletown man while i disagree with him on quite a bit i at least think he is offering a clued in opionion!

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 27/07/2016 17:02:34    1891072

Link

Replying To gminor:  "For you to have any credibility show me where "I told you so" after the Cork game. And yes most of my post are supporting Liam Dunne just like most of yours are scathing aginst him. Can I not have an opinion that Dunne is the best man to bring wexford hurling to the next level.

Neither JJ nor Flanner have any history of success or even know what it takes as neither of them have ever managed at this level. You and a lot more like you want to kick out a manager with 5 years experience at the highest level for someone with none. In what other walk of life would you see that happening. We played four Championship games this year and won two. Apart from 2014 when Dunne was also manager, when last did we achieve that level of success?

JJ needs to work out how to get the U21 across the line before he's handed the big job. Other than seeing him with oulart, I've no comment to make on Flannery and I'd safely say, neither have you."
Just read all your stuff from July 9th and 10th you'll know what I mean,well for starters flannery finished off the job with oulart in Leinster something dunne couldn't do 3 times with a stronger squad than flannerys,I'm not saying flannery is the answer but we could do a lot worse,he'd be a risk but as someone mentioned Jason Ryan was a risk when he took over the footballers.im sure plenty of the best managers didn't have a glittering cv before they moved into inter county what did Cody do before he managed kk for example.also from what I've been told flannery is very popular with the oulart players

I've heard jj is a good organiser but not the best coach but how can you question his credentials he won 6 inter county trophies between 2010- 2015,all dunne has ever won is 3 county titles with oulart when half or two third of their team was on the county panel,in the 5 years dunnes been in charge all 5 Munster counties and Kilkenny Galway and Dublin have reached an all Ireland semi final and won a trophy (league,province or all Ireland) we done neither.those facts dont lie and if people talk about the cost of an outside manager.

You've been here accusing me of an anti Dunne agenda,well I don't have one i respect him for what he did as a player and taking the job when nobody wanted it,my only agenda is a wexford hurling and football agenda.I think you have a pro Dunne and anti every other potential manager agenda,frankly you've accused folk of stuff your actually more guilty of than others.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 27/07/2016 19:41:36    1891167

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "Theboys 'beating a Clare team that were on their knees'... you'd want to check your facts there, Clare where the all Ireland champions at the time. Silly meaningless comment.

We beat Cork for the first time in 60 years. I wouldn't agree that only two players ever play well. Mathew O Hanlon has been outstanding in the last three championship games. Certainly Conor Mc doesn't hurl well everyday, he getting more consistent but not the finished product. Look at all the new players that were introduced over the last few years and now we're only starting to build a new team. There's loads of progress made, just take the chip and personal agenda off your shoulders."
There is no personel agenda clare were useless and it took us two days to beat them offaly and cork were a disgrace like we have been for years!! Stop will u about ohanlon he catches a few balls has been taken to the cleaners nearly every day!! Take chin and mcdonald out of it then who are our best player!! Wait and see what cork will do to us in the league next year!!

theboys (Wexford) - Posts: 176 - 27/07/2016 20:49:22    1891207

Link

Replying To theboys:  "There is no personel agenda clare were useless and it took us two days to beat them offaly and cork were a disgrace like we have been for years!! Stop will u about ohanlon he catches a few balls has been taken to the cleaners nearly every day!! Take chin and mcdonald out of it then who are our best player!! Wait and see what cork will do to us in the league next year!!"
We're playing limerick and Galway in the league next year not cork,between this and lee Chin apparently not been a student you be seem to be struggling with the facts

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 27/07/2016 21:20:15    1891221

Link

Replying To boarts:  "you're have to be joking if you think sheehy daly english cunningham etc... would be interested in taking on a county with as little hurling talent as wexford--------------seriously but, these guys are looking for winners"
Yeah winners. Like Limerick.

Dirk (Wexford) - Posts: 65 - 27/07/2016 22:11:10    1891261

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "If you had bothered to read that post properly you would have seen that I said realistically jj Doyle or frank flannery are the only people I can see as our next manager,I only mentioned sheedy and English in a hypothetical situation,anyway why shouldn't we aim for someone like that,fair enough we haven't got someone in the background pumping us with cash but no harm in showing ambition

Also most people here from wexford don't think we'll be winning all Ireland's but we believe we have the players to be competitive,our issue seems to be management sounds a bit like yourselves to be fair

Your a good example of a lot of arrogant limerick posters here with a chip on there shoulder,perfect example seen lots of stuff on your page about how ye'll hammer Tipperary in the u21 that went to plan,for a county who bar a few exceptions have been experts in underachieving and unfulfilled potential for 10 or 15 years I find this arrogance baffling"
Now I am not replying to you not to back up another Limerick man, but as one who also has strong connections to Oulart. In this context if you think Frank Flannery should be your next county manager I suggest you dig out a video of the All Ireland Club Semi Final (OTB v NAP) last spring. In the first half while playing with a strong wind he employed a sweeper and in the process made Ronan Lynch look a super star, which he is not, and of course OTB were trailing at half time. In the second half he went back fifteen on fifteen and got his midfielders and half backs to send in well directed fast low ball to his inside forwards. They almost won the game despite wasting most of the first half. I therefore feel Frank Flannery and his tactics, which in all probability cost OTB an All Ireland, are not what Wexford needs.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 3030 - 27/07/2016 22:14:26    1891266

Link

Theboys
your calling it as it is. Spot on. Pundits will talk rubbish about certain lads having excellent games when the reality is overall they were bad but did the odd good thing. Performance needs to be looked at as a 70 minute opinion, not based on a few incidents. Sadly most pundits and selectors don't take the full 70 mins into account

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1243 - 27/07/2016 22:25:46    1891273

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Just read all your stuff from July 9th and 10th you'll know what I mean,well for starters flannery finished off the job with oulart in Leinster something dunne couldn't do 3 times with a stronger squad than flannerys,I'm not saying flannery is the answer but we could do a lot worse,he'd be a risk but as someone mentioned Jason Ryan was a risk when he took over the footballers.im sure plenty of the best managers didn't have a glittering cv before they moved into inter county what did Cody do before he managed kk for example.also from what I've been told flannery is very popular with the oulart players

I've heard jj is a good organiser but not the best coach but how can you question his credentials he won 6 inter county trophies between 2010- 2015,all dunne has ever won is 3 county titles with oulart when half or two third of their team was on the county panel,in the 5 years dunnes been in charge all 5 Munster counties and Kilkenny Galway and Dublin have reached an all Ireland semi final and won a trophy (league,province or all Ireland) we done neither.those facts dont lie and if people talk about the cost of an outside manager.

You've been here accusing me of an anti Dunne agenda,well I don't have one i respect him for what he did as a player and taking the job when nobody wanted it,my only agenda is a wexford hurling and football agenda.I think you have a pro Dunne and anti every other potential manager agenda,frankly you've accused folk of stuff your actually more guilty of than others."
So you have eventually got my drift. I do strongly believe that the best man to finish the job with this bunch of players, when there're all fit, is the man who put them together.

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 27/07/2016 23:41:37    1891303

Link

Replying To theboys:  "There is no personel agenda clare were useless and it took us two days to beat them offaly and cork were a disgrace like we have been for years!! Stop will u about ohanlon he catches a few balls has been taken to the cleaners nearly every day!! Take chin and mcdonald out of it then who are our best player!! Wait and see what cork will do to us in the league next year!!"
what will cork do to us in the league?they wont even be playing us for a start.
matt o hanlon bar the dublin match has been by a mile our best player this year.what matches do you be watching?

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 28/07/2016 08:03:14    1891321

Link