Wexford Forum

Wexford Hurling 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

ANY NEWS ON PODGE DORAN's INJURY?? DEAD LEG OR SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS?

BTW, WHO ELSE MIGHT BE AVAILABLE IN 2 WEEKS?

PS: CAPS LOCK ON IN THE HOPE THAT THIS POST WILL BE SEEM AMONG ALL THE CHILDISH BICKERING!!

Waldorf.Salad (Wexford) - Posts: 31 - 10/07/2016 21:01:08    1880417

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "What a load of nonsense. Both Limerick and Wexford had to play three different teams to reach this stage and in order to reach an All Ireland Semi Final Galway have only to play Antrim."
Agreed but should we be surprised,the words gaa,fairness and common sense don't always go hand in hand

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 10/07/2016 21:19:00    1880430

Link

Replying To Waldorf.Salad:  "ANY NEWS ON PODGE DORAN's INJURY?? DEAD LEG OR SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS?

PS: CAPS LOCK ON IN THE HOPE THAT THIS POST WILL BE SEEM AMONG ALL THE CHILDISH BICKERING!!"
I would imagine Aidan Nolan will be fit to start while Liam Ryan definitely won't be far off. Both should start if fit In my opinion. Also think Andrew Kenny should start at wing back in place of Eanna Martin

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 415 - 10/07/2016 21:19:08    1880431

Link

Replying To Afinestick:  "I would imagine Aidan Nolan will be fit to start while Liam Ryan definitely won't be far off. Both should start if fit In my opinion. Also think Andrew Kenny should start at wing back in place of Eanna Martin"
eanna martin got a bad knock in the second half and looked shook when coming off so might not be fit any ways . prob should leave nolan on the bench , sub impact players could be crucial in the final outcome of the game . kenny has struggled with form this yr so far , he was very solid coming off the bench sat .

gusseraneman (Wexford) - Posts: 521 - 10/07/2016 21:32:21    1880443

Link

Replying To Waldorf.Salad:  "ANY NEWS ON PODGE DORAN's INJURY?? DEAD LEG OR SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS?

PS: CAPS LOCK ON IN THE HOPE THAT THIS POST WILL BE SEEM AMONG ALL THE CHILDISH BICKERING!!"
Podge doran was with squad in curracloe this morning. Id say itll take a few days and further inspection before any details are known. Didnt look great though.

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 10/07/2016 21:42:56    1880450

Link

Hurler101 too many players jumping ship... Are we still goin over the old news, that's definitely old chip paper at this stage. Talent is over rated, and hard work and grit will trump talent everyday. I've said it before and ill say it again, Jack G uncle is part of the management team, if he couldnt get Jack to commit and knuckle down what hope does Dunne have... Jack opted out himself of club and county, it's a pity but his choice he went off to America. Imagine if someone with his talent worked and trained hard... It's even hard to judge how decent he is as he's never really knuckled down for ANY manager to date.

Down players who do not want to commit themselves are not 'jumping ship'. It's possibly harder for some lads to commit themselves when in a county like wex there is no min level of guaranteed success. Of course players need to play for their manager/coach... Yes there is other motivators like you suggested, but they are all outside of who really knows what's going on inside the walls of the dressing room. The first leader for the team is the manager. Then the players on the field lead. You've got to want to go it for the team and that includes management.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 11/07/2016 00:25:04    1880556

Link

Replying To hunting:  "Who the only player to play inter county football, hurling under 21,intermediate and senior in the one year ?"
What was his first name?

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 11/07/2016 00:48:09    1880562

Link

Another nice aspect of Saturday was 6 of the starters and 2 subs came from intermediate and junior clubs and 4 of them (hanlon,Breen,Foley and Dunne)were to the fore.

I remember been at the league game against offaly and a few lads near me saying to many intermediate and junior players on the team was our problem,such attitudes are narrow minded in my view,once your good enough,committed enough and willing to work hard your club is secondary

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 11/07/2016 00:55:12    1880563

Link

Replying To hogan35:  "You cant really blame jamesie o connnor for what he said. nobody but nobody was expecting wexford to win that tie. goen on performance. but for me i could never really write ye of. there as bin many a time ye beat us/ when everybody had ye write'n of. ye have that performance in ye. now ye just have to be consistant. after that atten could happen."
Predicting a cork win no issue there,pre game form suggested that but to say we wouldn't provide sufficient preparation for the quarter final was certainly insulting

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 11/07/2016 01:00:16    1880565

Link

Replying To hurler101:  "Podge doran was with squad in curracloe this morning. Id say itll take a few days and further inspection before any details are known. Didnt look great though."
I heard he is out for six weeks with ligament damage...not 100% sure on that though!

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 308 - 11/07/2016 06:17:50    1880583

Link

Im finding it very strange to be honest,i think gettin the two wins is really good for wexford and it great for the supporters,but i cant stop feeling that we are getting very lucky at the minute!! I am proud to be a wexford man,and to be honest never seen that coming against cork and to be fair i thought offaly would beat us to!!!iv watched both matches again and i have to say its been made very easy for us against the last two team,the were terrible and lacked no intensity and i still am not convinced by us!! We would not live with tipp galway r kilkenny and i dont think we will with waterford!! I dont think this year has been a succsess at all cork and offaly are useless and wer not much better!!!

theboys (Wexford) - Posts: 176 - 11/07/2016 08:23:11    1880601

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "Hurler101 too many players jumping ship... Are we still goin over the old news, that's definitely old chip paper at this stage. Talent is over rated, and hard work and grit will trump talent everyday. I've said it before and ill say it again, Jack G uncle is part of the management team, if he couldnt get Jack to commit and knuckle down what hope does Dunne have... Jack opted out himself of club and county, it's a pity but his choice he went off to America. Imagine if someone with his talent worked and trained hard... It's even hard to judge how decent he is as he's never really knuckled down for ANY manager to date.

Down players who do not want to commit themselves are not 'jumping ship'. It's possibly harder for some lads to commit themselves when in a county like wex there is no min level of guaranteed success. Of course players need to play for their manager/coach... Yes there is other motivators like you suggested, but they are all outside of who really knows what's going on inside the walls of the dressing room. The first leader for the team is the manager. Then the players on the field lead. You've got to want to go it for the team and that includes management."
That was doyler who said jumping ship by the way. Whats your fixation with the guiney situation anyway? No1 mentions him accept you and then you tell us to forget about him???

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 11/07/2016 08:46:05    1880614

Link

Hurler101 you brought up about player's key jumping ship so please explain, I was just responding to your opinion.

Waterford are a tough draw. Their performance yesterday is not representative of their quality. They will certainly fancy their chances of redemption against us. I would take confidence in our league performance against them, we cracked their system and could do it again but Waterford will be really tuned for us. I'm sure they will bring their A game and we need to be really focused and determined to do same again. All players will need to be tuned and our key leaders will need to be in top form physically and mentally. Lots of prep work for the team to do over the next two weeks but it's a great challenge ahead every Wex player will relish. Everyone outside the county and lots of people on here had us written off, but those lads backed themselves, they need to do the same in two weeks.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 11/07/2016 09:45:29    1880657

Link

Hurler101 you referred to player's motivation, not needed motivation to play for management is nonsensical. Doylerwex referring to key players jumping ship.. who are you talking about now..... Your key players are the men who lined out against Cork on Saturday and who are in the panel. They rest are just dead wood and lads with egos who don't want to knuckle down. Focus and invest in the lads who want to do this, it's working so far... Sure we're still there.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 11/07/2016 09:54:28    1880668

Link

Hurler101 I've no issue with Guiney, at least he disappeared at the start of the league and didn't waste time and energy being invested in him or let down his team mates at a later stage. I hope he's having a great time in America and wish him well.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 11/07/2016 09:58:27    1880674

Link

sorry everyone I said Wexford would win by four points sorry to have mislead you all. Well done nice win and now lets focus on Waterford. A bruised body after yesterday. Will they question the system now will they change tactics for the next day.
A very soft underbelly on Waterford and when our lads get the wind in their sails they just thrive on momentum, seriously I would give us a fantastic chance of beating Waterford in a likely triple header in Thurles that will also include Wexford v Limerick in minor hurling.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1444 - 11/07/2016 10:13:08    1880691

Link

austin gleeson v chin will be one hell of a battle.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 11/07/2016 10:18:05    1880698

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "austin gleeson v chin will be one hell of a battle."
I doubt Austin Gleeson will be anywhere near Chin.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1444 - 11/07/2016 10:42:34    1880720

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "I doubt Austin Gleeson will be anywhere near Chin."
i would bet my life austin gleeson will be centre back on sunday week.largely to stop chin from hurling.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 11/07/2016 11:22:37    1880765

Link

I think Waterford were found out yesterday and we're very flat on the day! They will be a totally different team the next day..Tipp hurled well and won every battle all over the field.. wex also did the same ...but Offaly and cork are no great shakes...If wex can beat this Waterford team that have everything to prove the next day I will say we have a chance of competing with kk Tip but at the moment I think we still have an awful lot to prove! Our management team have done all the right moves so far and hopefully we will have a plan A and plan B against Waterford..If we get it right and every player gives 100% we have a chance...

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 308 - 11/07/2016 11:32:43    1880777

Link