Wexford Forum

Wexford Hurling 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To wexico15:  "Fact number 7,we've lost 10 games in a row against top 8 teams,look as I've said before dunne did a good job rebuilding us from 2012-14 but when we looked set up to kick on from there we haven't infact we've gone backwards in the last 18 months,unfortunately we can't hide away from this

Most people here don't have an agenda against Dunne,he's actually 1 of my heroes growing up as I'm to young to remember before the 90's.we're just getting frustrated with our recent results and performances and the teams we should benchmark ourselfs against and because of this we don't think he's the right person to carry us forward and we all want to be proven wrong tomorrow"
I HOPE YOUR LESS FRUSTRATED NOW!!!!

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 09/07/2016 19:13:53    1879231

Link

What a result!!! So much to be happy with, fair play to all involved! Management got all the match ups right to be fair and i think we set up really well to win the game! After that our hurling and our bottle got us through!

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 09/07/2016 19:16:35    1879235

Link

Think some lads on here need to eat humble pie and give credit where it's finally due. Hurling like a team that doesn't want to hurl for its management.... I don't think so. Guts, determination, hunger. So proud. What a gusty team performance. Humble pie for Jamsie oConnors comments on sky last week. This victory is SWEET.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 09/07/2016 19:37:06    1879265

Link

There will be a little bit of dancin at the crossroads done tonight!!! Congrats our neighbours in the sunny south east...great win and great effort put in!!

juniorjudge (Waterford) - Posts: 383 - 09/07/2016 19:40:12    1879270

Link

I knew the league results weren't given a true reflection of Wexford. Great performance and intelligent hurling. McDonald is only 20 but what a radar he has. Chin is a force, he really drives Wexford on and Liam Og seems to have found his form. Brilliant and I wouldn't be scared of any team leader left.

Jedobi (Wexford) - Posts: 90 - 09/07/2016 19:47:28    1879280

Link

gminor you were spot on and called this all along, and you were ridiculed for what you said, but you stuck to your guns. There probably some lads on here gutted we won. Match ups were right today. Plan and progress shown, but bottle and determination in abundance. What a confident performance. Looking forward to the draw on Monday already.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 09/07/2016 19:54:48    1879294

Link

Replying To Jedobi:  "I knew the league results weren't given a true reflection of Wexford. Great performance and intelligent hurling. McDonald is only 20 but what a radar he has. Chin is a force, he really drives Wexford on and Liam Og seems to have found his form. Brilliant and I wouldn't be scared of any team leader left."
Magic. So proud of d lads. Walk home.

Dirk (Wexford) - Posts: 65 - 09/07/2016 19:54:59    1879295

Link

Lads I'm not going to pretend I'm not jealous but I'm delighted for ye and wish you all the best going forward.

Your in the last 7 of which I'd have no fear of 3 ( Clare/Limerick and Galway) and you never know on your day with the other 3. Fair play

Brianmac78 (Dublin) - Posts: 1168 - 09/07/2016 20:19:01    1879330

Link

Replying To Brianmac78:  "Lads I'm not going to pretend I'm not jealous but I'm delighted for ye and wish you all the best going forward.

Your in the last 7 of which I'd have no fear of 3 ( Clare/Limerick and Galway) and you never know on your day with the other 3. Fair play"
Ehhh loosers of munster final???

juniorjudge (Waterford) - Posts: 383 - 09/07/2016 20:35:00    1879354

Link

Waterford have played Clare so I'm guessing if they lose it will be Waterford v Wexford and Clare v Galway.

If Waterford win I think its an open draw so we could get Tipperary or Galway

AnnesBacker (Wexford) - Posts: 11 - 09/07/2016 20:39:32    1879362

Link

Replying To juniorjudge:  "Ehhh loosers of munster final???"
That would be part of the other 3 I clearly state! Tipp Waterford and Kilkenny

Brianmac78 (Dublin) - Posts: 1168 - 09/07/2016 20:44:44    1879375

Link

Congratulations to both players and management on a terrific win fully deserved.... I wonder where that cork poster is gone the one who came on here during the league slagging wexford off continuously I doubt we'll here from him again :-)....

juan31 (Wexford) - Posts: 142 - 09/07/2016 21:01:16    1879420

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "gminor you were spot on and called this all along, and you were ridiculed for what you said, but you stuck to your guns. There probably some lads on here gutted we won. Match ups were right today. Plan and progress shown, but bottle and determination in abundance. What a confident performance. Looking forward to the draw on Monday already."
Thanks Castletonman. I used to spend my holidays in Castletown. I'm told the situation is if tipp win tomorrow we play waterford if not open draw. Both matches in Croke Park Sunday 2 weeks.

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 09/07/2016 21:38:42    1879494

Link

Fantastic performance, credit to dunne, delighted for him and players

dumptruck1 (Wexford) - Posts: 200 - 09/07/2016 21:51:07    1879521

Link

Hurler101 is that enough momentum for you now? Mrfox must be drowning his sorrows or eating that pie.. we'll be watch the Munster final tomorrow with eager eyes tomorrow. This team is rebuilding. Missing so many of its key starting players but could pull off a performance like that is very positive. One players loss is another players opportunity, and that's what this version of the team is doing. These players taking their opportunity and going for it. Dunne even said himself he was 28 when he won his first Leinster title, this just takes time.

No point saying cork were weak/poor etc. That's unfair to wexford. you can only play the team you've drawn. Cork have had amazing days too. The country and most of the county of we're honest had wexford written off but the boys backed themselves and fought hard today. At the very least Alan Corcoran will have something positive to say on SE radio Monday.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 09/07/2016 22:13:55    1879577

Link

Gminor & castletownman,just to point out a few things before you keep going with your i told you so stuff,the vast majority here including myself who taught we only had a small chance today wanted and are absolutely delighted to be proven wrong!!we were only making our judgements on our performances over the last year or 18 months,i don't know if you noticed but people like myself,dolyerwex,cragask and perfect10 never doubted the fact we've talented hurlers we just hadn't delivered often enough lately and thank god we saved our best or 2nd best performance of the year for today(Waterford in the league being our other very good performance).there's not point gloating about this person said this and this person said that today is a time for been proud and congratulating the players and management on our most important win by a distance in 2 years

Onto the game taught the defence hurled excellently as a unit with Moore and o'hanlon particularly good,foley was very good outside of the goal I taught fanning could have made a better attempt to stop it aswel,chin and McDonald obviously should great skill and leadership and really look like their going to be 2 of our pivotal characters for many years,you have to admire david dunne for his pure guts and workrate,if he had stuck 1 of those goal chances it would have been fully deserved,in fairness corks wides played a factor in our half time lead but our 2nd half time performance was outstanding,when cork got the goal I had the here we go again feeling but the last 10 mins or so was the best finish to a game we've produced in recent times only other I can think of is extra time against Clare in 2014,now isn't a time for talking about corks failings or our next game,I'm just thrilled to arrive home from thurles in good form for a change,I don't imagine the quarter final will be in croke park,they've always been in thurles the last few years,they usually play the 2 senior quarter finals and 1 of the minor quarter finals as a treble header so our minors and seniors could both be playing,what a good day out that would be.

Congratulations to all players management and backroom team involved on the win,it's just fantastic to have salvaged something from the year,we're probably the team everyone's wants to draw etc. and the national media will focus more how it was a dark day for cork but once we go out and hurl with passion,commitment and freedom I'll be happy enough

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 09/07/2016 23:38:34    1879713

Link

Gminor & castletownman,just to point out a few things before you keep going with your i told you so stuff,the vast majority here including myself who taught we only had a small chance today wanted and are absolutely delighted to be proven wrong!!we were only making our judgements on our performances over the last year or 18 months,i don't know if you noticed but people like myself,dolyerwex,cragask and perfect10 never doubted the fact we've talented hurlers we just hadn't delivered often enough lately and thank god we saved our best or 2nd best performance of the year for today(Waterford in the league being our other very good performance).there's not point gloating about this person said this and this person said that today is a time for been proud and congratulating the players and management on our most important win by a distance in 2 years

Onto the game taught the defence hurled excellently as a unit with Moore and o'hanlon particularly good,foley was very good outside of the goal I taught fanning could have made a better attempt to stop it aswel,chin and McDonald obviously should great skill and leadership and really look like their going to be 2 of our pivotal characters for many years,you have to admire david dunne for his pure guts and workrate,if he had stuck 1 of those goal chances it would have been fully deserved,in fairness corks wides played a factor in our half time lead but our 2nd half time performance was outstanding,when cork got the goal I had the here we go again feeling but the last 10 mins or so was the best finish to a game we've produced in recent times only other I can think of is extra time against Clare in 2014,now isn't a time for talking about corks failings or our next game,I'm just thrilled to arrive home from thurles in good form for a change,I don't imagine the quarter final will be in croke park,they've always been in thurles the last few years,they usually play the 2 senior quarter finals and 1 of the minor quarter finals as a treble header so our minors and seniors could both be playing,what a good day out that would be.

Congratulations to all players management and backroom team involved on the win,it's just fantastic to have salvaged something from the year,we're probably the team everyone's wants to draw etc. and the national media will focus more how it was a dark day for cork but once we go out and hurl with passion,commitment and freedom I'll be happy enough

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 09/07/2016 23:38:35    1879714

Link

Replying To Tox73:  "Lots of Rubbish still posted here I see. Here is hoping to a better performance against Cork this Saturday, we have been poor overall this year and the fear is we are not going to improve no matter who is at the helm. Here is my opinion! Read back over a good few of pages of this site and have to say some posters are deluded or not they have their own agendas. One poster mentioned that Wexford have better players than Dublin! How in the name of jaysus can you say that? Dublin have been playing Div 1 hurling for the last 10'years or so. They have beaten Wexford up and down the field for the last 6/7 years, in the meantime winning a league and a Leinster championship, but yeah Wexfords dare still a better team, that is the type of delusional thinking that still exists here in Wexford. We still think we are better than we actually are and by some miracle this improvement just happens over night with a sub standard club scene and a county board that has sent us back to the dark ages over the last 15 years. Wake up! We have the slowest backline still in the championship that should be be easy fodder for most of the Div 1 teams, No Centre back, no half forward line of any great substance, weak in mid field. Eosin Moore as mentioned his issue is pace for inter county level. Chin has not had a good year despite injury, his hurling is poor,seems to spend most of his time In a gym and not at a hurling wall. Padraig Foley hasn't the pace either for Centre back and if not there cannot see any where else. MoH also struggles for pace. Conor Mac has also a poor year but we completely depend on him,no one else steps. Speaking with a panel player and a back room member they do have problems although not the fault of the manager that their training has been so inconsistent and everything is done at a snail pace. A blind man could see that Wexfords hurling has been dire, that's poor training guys. We need to get a proper hurling trainer in, no question. I for one wouldn't be on the bandwagon for getting rid of Dunne, but 5 years is a long time and he has decided ne to the best of his ability what he can with this current lot. At the moment the raw materials are not there. I for one am hoping Wexford gets a forward thinking chairman who has the balls to make changes in th structures of Wexford championship and give games back to clubs. When you do the same thing again and again and expect a different outcome."
Gminor this is the sort of people you really need a discussion with...

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 09/07/2016 23:43:46    1879718

Link

Fantastic win today for Wexford players and all involved. I'm still hoarse from shouting the team on, hopefully a hell of a lot more Wexford fans travel to Thurles in two weeks time. Loch Garman Abú.....................................................................

nickolas (Wexford) - Posts: 28 - 10/07/2016 00:10:50    1879726

Link

Replying To juan31:  "Congratulations to both players and management on a terrific win fully deserved.... I wonder where that cork poster is gone the one who came on here during the league slagging wexford off continuously I doubt we'll here from him again :-)...."
Don't mind the Cork langer, where are all our home grown contributers, who were consistently calling for Liam Dunne's head. I can just imagine how busy they'd be if we'd lost.

When I'm wrong I change my mind, I'm not sure what they do.

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 10/07/2016 00:16:36    1879729

Link