Antrim Forum

Ulster Minor tournament 2010

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Relax, it's not the end of the world. This is a MINOR team and while the song at the end was farcical and ultimately regrettable, it does smack of childish behaviour undertaken in the heat of the moment. Since this apologies have been issued to both the organisers and the opposition. This is where the issue should end. Frankly, going to the Ulster Council like a child who's siblings have stolen their toys is pathetic. What do they expect to happen? A replay? That Lámh Dhearg be stripped of their title? Don't be ridiculous, the match itself was settled fair and square. A letter to Ulster Council complaining about what I can only assume they will deem unsportsmanly behaviour is totally unnecessary and will solve nothing either way. Perhaps the embarrassment of returning to Derry having been beaten by a so-called weaker Antrim team is pushing them into this equally childish behaviour!

ar_an_chnoc (Antrim) - Posts: 142 - 08/02/2011 16:06:03    863265

Link

I have heard numerous times (usually after a team has won something) that they have been stealing all the other teams' players. Where are they all coming from then? Is there an infinite amount of players to be "stolen"? If all these rumours are to be believed then it stands to reckoning that players have transferred in and out of almost every club. This type of paranoia is born out of excuse culture. For example "Ah we didn't win but sure how could ya expect to win when they steal all their players from other clubs?" A little defeatist and downright derogatory towards the players in the defeated team.

ar_an_chnoc (Antrim) - Posts: 142 - 08/02/2011 16:43:40    863303

Link

ar_an_chnoc maybe if you knew the facts you would not put it down to "excuse culture". These young players came from weaker clubs at an early age from the Belfast area and have created a very strong LD team. Why do you think the transfer of younger players between clubs in the county had been stopped there. Dont try and use big language and act smart to talk this point round. Its plain and simple as i stated in the first post.

robinhood (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 18/02/2011 18:45:58    871009

Link

The point I was trying to make is that Lámh Dhearg are not the only club that do it. I hope this is "plain and simple" enough for you.

ar_an_chnoc (Antrim) - Posts: 142 - 19/02/2011 17:07:27    871455

Link

ar_an_chnoc your right, St.Johns also done it!

OOPSS (Antrim) - Posts: 42 - 20/02/2011 15:02:30    871834

Link

maybe they aren't the only team that do but shows how it can result in winning competitions like this one. pity these things have to be done to succeed. you can't argue with that

robinhood (Antrim) - Posts: 128 - 20/02/2011 15:12:41    871842

Link