Wicklow Forum

Financial Issues

(Oldest Posts First)

I ve read here about supporters not happy about the 15 euro entry to Aughrim to championship matches, and I totally agree, but when I went to Aughrim for quarter finals and semi finals and paid my 45euro for 3 of us, I could not help but notice the was a problem with micro phones or speaker problems, it ended up being embarrassing for pat, and then during the county final while following it on twitter,a tweet was put up asking ,"if anyone had a spare microphone for pat ?" Honestly ,this is ridiculous, if they can t organise the a micro phone,while charging 15euro per person into Aughrim, how do we stand a chance being a proper competitive county instead of being the laughing stock of the country.
Curious on peoples views

alanmisty (Wicklow) - Posts: 237 - 04/11/2013 13:34:21    1509032

Link

we ll jus pay in using different parts of stuff we need..
eg im going to bring a new microphone lead next day and use that as my payment.
u shud bring dwn a sheet of old roofing to add to a new stand for the far side..etc etc
we wouldn't be long puttun together a more respectable place..

i.am.ahab. (Wicklow) - Posts: 254 - 04/11/2013 18:13:31    1509195

Link

alanmisty, unfortunately your words are true and when I read about the tale of the microphone on the paper, I felt embarrassed for our county. As a county, we portray ourselves in a bad light, I'm not even sure that it is always down to money. Look at our county ground as an example, it is hard to believe that a county of our size after going through an economic boom, could have a grounds that would be out of place in the 1980's never mind 2013 while counties such as Longford, Carlow and Leitrim to name a few can have modern stadiums (fair play to them, they have some vision and ambition) while we continue to have no stand 'there are club grounds in the county that are more comfortable than our county grounds. You would think that someone in authority would say enough is enough and we need to start operating in a professional manner but just when you think it can't go on like this ... it does.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1198 - 04/11/2013 19:07:45    1509218

Link

I have a solution,ask roy keane to take job of county development officer,he certainly made the fai wake up,at least he would make sure there would be batteries in the scoreboard remote,remember meath game in may and it still hadnt been rectified on county final day.our co.board are the keystone cops of the gaa

small ball (Wicklow) - Posts: 278 - 04/11/2013 21:36:16    1509288

Link

I watched a game from Croke Park this year where Hawk Eye did not work. I felt so embarrassed ...........................Seems things can go wrong in big venues and small. Must be a GAA thing

No_Drama (Wicklow) - Posts: 509 - 07/11/2013 16:03:04    1510453

Link