Wexford Forum

A big thank thank you to Anthony Masterson

(Oldest Posts First)

A big thank you to Anthony Masterson for your service to Wexford football,

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2009 - 25/10/2016 18:47:47    1928966

Link

Here here. If I am not mistaken he is the only Wexford goalkeeper to have been nominated for an All-Star?

He certainly brought steadiness and leadership to the last line of defence, and his commitment to the purple and gold can never, ever be faulted.

He spoke very well in the paper today and mentioned the fact that his generation never won anything at under-age level despite having bundles of talent, and the fact that the history-making under-21 team of 2011 are only coming into their prime now should be seen as a massive boon for future development.

Is also a credit to his club, currently doing great work in the ladies football sector of Castletown, and bleeds the maroon and white.

I would like to thank him for being part of a golden era for Wexford football, and hope he has many more memorable days at club level.

beano (Wexford) - Posts: 672 - 25/10/2016 20:41:21    1929003

Link

Replying To beano:  "Here here. If I am not mistaken he is the only Wexford goalkeeper to have been nominated for an All-Star?

He certainly brought steadiness and leadership to the last line of defence, and his commitment to the purple and gold can never, ever be faulted.

He spoke very well in the paper today and mentioned the fact that his generation never won anything at under-age level despite having bundles of talent, and the fact that the history-making under-21 team of 2011 are only coming into their prime now should be seen as a massive boon for future development.

Is also a credit to his club, currently doing great work in the ladies football sector of Castletown, and bleeds the maroon and white.

I would like to thank him for being part of a golden era for Wexford football, and hope he has many more memorable days at club level."
Agree fully. He typifies everything that is good about our footballers. Best of luck to him.

goalie6 (Wexford) - Posts: 4 - 26/10/2016 19:32:55    1929307

Link

A great servant of the purple and gold and a credit to his famill and club. During his tenure he was as good as any other intercounty goalie and very unlucky not to have a Leinster medal, at least. He's a young man with a great attidude and hopfully plenty to offer Wexford football in the years to come.

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 29/10/2016 13:49:31    1930016

Link