Wexford Forum

Cairde Membership

(Oldest Posts First)

I see the 2020 memberships are now available to buy. I was wondering if someone could explain how the advance ticket purchasing for championship matches happens? I've seen then have set times in Wexford Park for Cairde members before. Is this the only way or can they be purchased online in advance?

1798man (Wexford) - Posts: 164 - 03/12/2019 12:47:21    2252919

Link

Does it guarantee you an option to buy an all Ireland ticket if Wexford got to the All Ireland final?

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 255 - 03/12/2019 13:16:43    2252926

Link

Can answer both questions:-

1 - Yes, Cairde members can only buy their tickets in person at the office in Wexford Park. No online sales facility. If I remember rightly though, they did open on one or two evenings this year for that, to facilitate people who couldn't get there during working hours.

2 - Yes, the idea is you have the option to buy a ticket for all championship matches, up to and including the All-Ireland Final. I believe that's why they closed off membership at a certain point this year - nervous that they might end up with too many members and not enough All-Ireland tickets to go round. Wouldn't surprise me if they also close off membership for the same reason at some point during 2020 if Wexford go well again and an All-Ireland final appearance starts to look like a real possibility.

Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 456 - 09/12/2019 11:58:07    2253919

Link

Replying To Pikeman96:  "Can answer both questions:-

1 - Yes, Cairde members can only buy their tickets in person at the office in Wexford Park. No online sales facility. If I remember rightly though, they did open on one or two evenings this year for that, to facilitate people who couldn't get there during working hours.

2 - Yes, the idea is you have the option to buy a ticket for all championship matches, up to and including the All-Ireland Final. I believe that's why they closed off membership at a certain point this year - nervous that they might end up with too many members and not enough All-Ireland tickets to go round. Wouldn't surprise me if they also close off membership for the same reason at some point during 2020 if Wexford go well again and an All-Ireland final appearance starts to look like a real possibility."
Actually, you can buy them online if you have cairde membership. They introduced it this year, they will send you an email a few days before tickets go on sale and you fill out a form, then they ring you for payment and send you the tickets. You are guaranteed one but for al lthe matches last year, I think you could buy 2. I found it quite good this year have to say, very handy if you havent got time to visit Wexford Park to purchase,

alwaysasub (Wexford) - Posts: 197 - 09/12/2019 12:55:35    2253929

Link

Ta for that. Had only heard myself of the in person sales, not any online mechanism to buy. Just knew there wasn't any sales portal on the website.

And yeah, realistically, you'd be allowed two or maybe even more tickets for most matches. They just say that you're only guaranteed one to cover the possibility of the All-Ireland Final coming into play, or maybe if there's big demand for a game at a venue with a relatively small capacity, like Parnell Park.

Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 456 - 09/12/2019 14:11:52    2253936

Link

Replying To alwaysasub:  "Actually, you can buy them online if you have cairde membership. They introduced it this year, they will send you an email a few days before tickets go on sale and you fill out a form, then they ring you for payment and send you the tickets. You are guaranteed one but for al lthe matches last year, I think you could buy 2. I found it quite good this year have to say, very handy if you havent got time to visit Wexford Park to purchase,"
I found it great as well, two for most games including Parnell and stand tickets too. We had 4 guaranteed for the Leinster final

WEXILE (Wexford) - Posts: 87 - 12/12/2019 15:19:30    2254444

Link

Replying To Pikeman96:  "Ta for that. Had only heard myself of the in person sales, not any online mechanism to buy. Just knew there wasn't any sales portal on the website.

And yeah, realistically, you'd be allowed two or maybe even more tickets for most matches. They just say that you're only guaranteed one to cover the possibility of the All-Ireland Final coming into play, or maybe if there's big demand for a game at a venue with a relatively small capacity, like Parnell Park."
I am thinking of taking this out this year, now that I'm earning a few bob. I was told, that you are only guaranteed an All Ireland ticket provided you have a purchase record of at least 60% of championship matches, just like the season ticket

StoreysTash (Wexford) - Posts: 1094 - 13/12/2019 21:28:56    2254756

Link