Just wondering,

long winter ahead,

Anyone have any ideas :)

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 01/09/2016 12:20:30    1909079

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Just wondering,

long winter ahead,

Anyone have any ideas :)"
Do you follow a premiership soccer team?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 01/09/2016 18:34:21    1909264

Link

long winter ahead,

Gaa Memorabilia: what have ye. I started collecting the programmes from matches I was at so have every match I went to bar this years league final - I restored an original 1986 3 and a row and an 1981 4 in a row original and a 1997 plus.. a players issue 1988 jersey long sleeved pre the sponsorship logos on the front two things I really treasure is an A1 poster of Darragh catching the ball over the crossbar against Limerick framed and signed... but my gem is a 1946 Kerry/Cork munster final program... she's the beaut ..

What do ye have and what mass would ye put on them... I remember when I moved in with my wife and she say the chest of programmes.. she asked is this Junk? just to get a rise... she knew the score thank god.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 01/09/2016 20:56:47    1909302

Link

long winter ahead,

Gaa Memorabilia: what have ye. I started collecting the programmes from matches I was at so have every match I went to bar this years league final - I restored an original 1986 3 and a row and an 1981 4 in a row original and a 1997 plus.. a players issue 1988 jersey long sleeved pre the sponsorship logos on the front two things I really treasure is an A1 poster of Darragh catching the ball over the crossbar against Limerick framed and signed... but my gem is a 1946 Kerry/Cork munster final program... she's the beaut ..

What do ye have and what mass would ye put on them... I remember when I moved in with my wife and she saw the chest of programmes.. she asked is this Junk? just to get a rise... she knew the score thank god.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 01/09/2016 20:57:30    1909303

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Gaa Memorabilia: what have ye. I started collecting the programmes from matches I was at so have every match I went to bar this years league final - I restored an original 1986 3 and a row and an 1981 4 in a row original and a 1997 plus.. a players issue 1988 jersey long sleeved pre the sponsorship logos on the front two things I really treasure is an A1 poster of Darragh catching the ball over the crossbar against Limerick framed and signed... but my gem is a 1946 Kerry/Cork munster final program... she's the beaut ..

What do ye have and what mass would ye put on them... I remember when I moved in with my wife and she saw the chest of programmes.. she asked is this Junk? just to get a rise... she knew the score thank god."
Impressive Horse, very impressive.

I try and collect a programme for every match too and have a little collection of my own, unfortunately a few have went walking in the pubs after! In the bar after the 2011 final a Dub begged me for my match programme so he could try and convince the lads in work that he was there, I was so peed off with the result I just gave it to him, shouldn't have done that.

I've a few from my Dad going back to League/Championship matches in 1970s and 1980s, including a few Kerry/Dublin ones.

Why no League final programme from this year though? I have a spare one if you wanted it? It had a few nice things in it.

You should defo pop into Parkers at some stage and ask Mike senior to let you have a peek of his collection, he has thousands!

I also keep my tickets for all the Championship matches in a scrapbook.

I like collecting old photographs as well of the GAA, I've a good few scanned onto the old laptop including an action shot of the 1903 final between Kerry and Kildare.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 01/09/2016 22:39:11    1909335

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Do you follow a premiership soccer team?"
Nah, just Ireland and I'd watch Champions League as well I'd be more of a rugby man after GAA, I'd go to a few Munster games etc

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 01/09/2016 22:43:58    1909337

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Nah, just Ireland and I'd watch Champions League as well I'd be more of a rugby man after GAA, I'd go to a few Munster games etc"
Ya I'm more of match of the day kind of guy my self. I cant watch 90 minutes of soccer anymore.
Ya the rugby is great and I'm hoping to go and see a Munster game my self this season.
I was watching rugbys funniest moments on sky the otherday it was very good the kickers have some funny routines.
It was great to see Connacht win their first trophy last season and beat Leinster in doing it, hopefully that might inspire mayo when they come up against the dubs.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 02/09/2016 13:11:07    1909448

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya I'm more of match of the day kind of guy my self. I cant watch 90 minutes of soccer anymore.
Ya the rugby is great and I'm hoping to go and see a Munster game my self this season.
I was watching rugbys funniest moments on sky the otherday it was very good the kickers have some funny routines.
It was great to see Connacht win their first trophy last season and beat Leinster in doing it, hopefully that might inspire mayo when they come up against the dubs."
Ah Kingdomboy1, surely you want the Dubs to win as they barely got over ye and it would make you look good. I mean if Mayo hammer us, it will make Kerrys heroics seem a little less special no?

KerryKillers (Dublin) - Posts: 711 - 03/09/2016 00:02:48    1909582

Link

Replying To KerryKillers:  "Ah Kingdomboy1, surely you want the Dubs to win as they barely got over ye and it would make you look good. I mean if Mayo hammer us, it will make Kerrys heroics seem a little less special no?"
KK at the moment I honestly don't know which of them I would go for.

Every sport needs a Mayo but on the other hand I like the fact Kerry are the only county to have managed the back to back in the modern era.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 03/09/2016 11:29:55    1909628

Link

The Hermit,

"Why no League final programme from this year though? I have a spare one if you wanted it? It had a few nice things in it"

Jez I'd really appreciate that Hermit.. but don't see an easy way how would we manage it though? it would be fair dodge looking leaving it somewhere addressed to "Horsebox77" to be collected??

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 03/09/2016 13:51:53    1909658

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Nah, just Ireland and I'd watch Champions League as well I'd be more of a rugby man after GAA, I'd go to a few Munster games etc"
Ya I'm like the K'boy here, couldn't sit through 90 minutes of it MOTD is the job, 90 minutes and the whole days sports taken care of, when you consider the difference between a Good Gaa game even a club game blood and guts passion and soccer no comparison - take the hit on Crowley last Sunday if that was in Old Trafford they'd be calling for an air ambulance. I spend a lot of time in Limerick so again Rugby would be the 2nd sport again more passion and fire - somethings money just cannot buy.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 03/09/2016 13:55:42    1909659

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "The Hermit,

"Why no League final programme from this year though? I have a spare one if you wanted it? It had a few nice things in it"

Jez I'd really appreciate that Hermit.. but don't see an easy way how would we manage it though? it would be fair dodge looking leaving it somewhere addressed to "Horsebox77" to be collected??"
Well, I've been talking to you on here a long time now so wouldn't have any problem sending you on my e-mail address is the Admin could do it some how?

It wouldn't be my work or main personal e-mail or anything just the one I used to set up my hoganstand account and the one that all those stupid e-mail offer things get sent to.

Any chance of that Admin??

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 03/09/2016 19:02:51    1909722

Link

Horsebox if you want to send in your email it will not be posted but I can send it on to TheHermit.

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2243 - 03/09/2016 19:21:10    1909727

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well, I've been talking to you on here a long time now so wouldn't have any problem sending you on my e-mail address is the Admin could do it some how?

It wouldn't be my work or main personal e-mail or anything just the one I used to set up my hoganstand account and the one that all those stupid e-mail offer things get sent to.

Any chance of that Admin??"
thanks Hermit, ya I've sent on my email address via the Admin.. thanks to both of ye, Admin really appreciate the effort.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 03/09/2016 21:00:17    1909753

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "thanks Hermit, ya I've sent on my email address via the Admin.. thanks to both of ye, Admin really appreciate the effort."
No problem, happy to help. That has been sent to the email registered to your account 'TheHermit'.

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2243 - 03/09/2016 22:31:00    1909774

Link