Kerry Forum

2016 County Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I tought the kenmare district goal keeper caused his team a lot of the trouble from his own kick outs , in fairness to crokes they had every 1 covered and gave him little option but to chance dodgy short kicks or just boot it long . Shane Murphy's kicks were class he was pinging them 45 - 50 yards to Buckley straight to his chest and his 45 was a peach, 3 steps and over the bar.
Patrick Clifford was having a great game till he got injured, I think he put out his shoulder and hopefully he'll make a full recovery. But he's one for the future.

Killian was good but was very well marked . fion looked back to his best .

Sean O'Shea and Gavin White had a good battle but I'd have to give the tipp of the hat to young white. Looney got 4 lovely scores in the second half but the game was pretty much gone at that stage.

Lads Stephen O'brien was poor again and I don't think he's county standard. Tadhg went missing for about 15 min at the start of the second half but worked his way back into it.

Horse is right about crokes they are a unit and have very good players playing at an above average level but bar white and gooch and Murphy I wouldn't be bringing any more into the Kerry panel.

Now eventually the Michàel burns Jordan kiely a and tony brosnans might make a burst but probably not in 2017.

The first game was poor fare. In fairness na geal were the better team just lacked a bit of belief. Glenbeigh were lucky not to have more than 2 men sent off.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 17/10/2016 11:39:10    1926876

Link

The first game was poor fare. In fairness na geal were the better team just lacked a bit of belief. Glenbeigh were lucky not to have more than 2 men sent off.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts:4301 - 17/10/2016 11:39:10

No I think their divisional status caught up with them - Glenbeigh are used to playing to a higher standard....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 17/10/2016 14:06:07    1926950

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "The first game was poor fare. In fairness na geal were the better team just lacked a bit of belief. Glenbeigh were lucky not to have more than 2 men sent off.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts:4301 - 17/10/2016 11:39:10

No I think their divisional status caught up with them - Glenbeigh are used to playing to a higher standard...."
That's true horse, div1 v div4 bit of a jump all right.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 17/10/2016 15:08:34    1926981

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's true horse, div1 v div4 bit of a jump all right."
you could see it in the intensity of the players and time spent on the ball.. I was always told 2 second per division - so if you are used to having time on the ball your brain and change of thought are used to that level, When you are faced then with having to rush your kicks one can panic etc on the ball, this was fairly evident in the last 10m minutes or so when game was in the pot... Glenbeigh just committed gaa suicide - total lack of discipline a kick out and a head butt by two players within 2 minutes shows a total lack of player discipline ... just not good enough...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 17/10/2016 15:56:53    1927000

Link

That's interesting horse I never really tought of it like that but again it makes a lot of sence.
I tought glenbeigh were very aggressive throughout the game.
Anyway I wouldn't fancy either of them to go on and win Munster and allireland hounors tbh. But I hope I'm wrong.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 17/10/2016 19:34:18    1927074

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's interesting horse I never really tought of it like that but again it makes a lot of sence.
I tought glenbeigh were very aggressive throughout the game.
Anyway I wouldn't fancy either of them to go on and win Munster and allireland hounors tbh. But I hope I'm wrong."
no you wouldn't fear either of those two teams - the red cards come come against Glenbeigh suspension wise - didn't get to hear Terrace Talk with Timmy tonight - can any of ye enlighten me with the Co. Championship team?

On another point do any of ye think any player has put there hand up for inclusion for next years McGrath Cup or early league Panel. I think Spillane has then again the name on everyones lips last year was Jamie O'Sullivaan but he never really made the cut and was given the chances - actually in fairness to Fitz and Co he has always given players the chances

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 17/10/2016 21:14:15    1927096

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "no you wouldn't fear either of those two teams - the red cards come come against Glenbeigh suspension wise - didn't get to hear Terrace Talk with Timmy tonight - can any of ye enlighten me with the Co. Championship team?

On another point do any of ye think any player has put there hand up for inclusion for next years McGrath Cup or early league Panel. I think Spillane has then again the name on everyones lips last year was Jamie O'Sullivaan but he never really made the cut and was given the chances - actually in fairness to Fitz and Co he has always given players the chances"
I got some of the team horse
Shane Murphy
John Payne. Tadhg Morley. Tom O'sullivan
Gavin White. Paul Murphy. Patrick Clifford.
Star and Aidan o'mahony. Midfield.
Daithi Casey. Adrian Spillane. Conor geaney and I missed the fullforward line due to a neighbor calling in.
It's hard to know what fitz will do horse but I can't imagine there will be wholesale changes to the panel.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 17/10/2016 22:47:24    1927118

Link

Watched the highlights of final ,,,, gooch still top man pulling all the strings !! Also Killiane Spilliane is class act ,, will be one definitely to look out for

topdownfan (Down) - Posts: 555 - 18/10/2016 12:20:19    1927213

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I got some of the team horse
Shane Murphy
John Payne. Tadhg Morley. Tom O'sullivan
Gavin White. Paul Murphy. Patrick Clifford.
Star and Aidan o'mahony. Midfield.
Daithi Casey. Adrian Spillane. Conor geaney and I missed the fullforward line due to a neighbor calling in.
It's hard to know what fitz will do horse but I can't imagine there will be wholesale changes to the panel."
Horse I think shane Murphy Tom O'sullivan Gavin White Patrick Clifford Adrian and killian Spillane Conor geaney Barry O'Sullivan Andrew and jack Barry all put their hands up for inclusion for McGrath cup. But but a good shot of them will be playing with their Colledges and clubs into the newyear and then jack will want a shot of them for the U21 championship so it's hard to know what'll happen really.
What do you think your self?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 18/10/2016 12:47:16    1927218

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Horse I think shane Murphy Tom O'sullivan Gavin White Patrick Clifford Adrian and killian Spillane Conor geaney Barry O'Sullivan Andrew and jack Barry all put their hands up for inclusion for McGrath cup. But but a good shot of them will be playing with their Colledges and clubs into the newyear and then jack will want a shot of them for the U21 championship so it's hard to know what'll happen really.
What do you think your self?"
I can see many changes to last year, Could see Murphy getting a craic at between the posts but the longer the year goes on for the Crokes the smaller the window of opportunity will be for him to join the Senior set up, similar with the U21's and the minors coming through their progress will be hampered in the league by the Minor season and Jacks willingness or unwillingness to accommodate Eamon and release bodies… anyway Murphy will get a crack at goals, Begley will more game time, Foley from Bally should get a shot at full back and Enright is not the "man" for the man marking jobs, Morley has done nothing wrong, by selecting Foley and giving him game time this should release Griffin to a more advanced role and maybe a shot at centre back, being honest I though he deserved an all-star nomination he had a very good year, Tom Spillane and young O'Sé from Dingle - in midfield we need to blood the Barry O'Sullivans and hopefully the Marc O'Conners of the world, in the forwards or as midfield back ups you have Brendan O'Sullivan and Adrain Spillane who really really impressed me, we need to get the likes of James O'Donoghue and Maher fully fit while also intergrating the likes of the Geaneys etc and minor forwards from 2014/15 into the set up .. the Liam Kearneys and Micheál Burns and Conor Geaneys of this world, Killian Spillane is a fine player but needed better ball in last Sunday…. We have a nice panel but have to be ruthless - sorry but Donaghy, Sheehan, prob Aidan and going on Sundays performance Darran should be released…

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 18/10/2016 14:03:26    1927248

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I can see many changes to last year, Could see Murphy getting a craic at between the posts but the longer the year goes on for the Crokes the smaller the window of opportunity will be for him to join the Senior set up, similar with the U21's and the minors coming through their progress will be hampered in the league by the Minor season and Jacks willingness or unwillingness to accommodate Eamon and release bodies… anyway Murphy will get a crack at goals, Begley will more game time, Foley from Bally should get a shot at full back and Enright is not the "man" for the man marking jobs, Morley has done nothing wrong, by selecting Foley and giving him game time this should release Griffin to a more advanced role and maybe a shot at centre back, being honest I though he deserved an all-star nomination he had a very good year, Tom Spillane and young O'Sé from Dingle - in midfield we need to blood the Barry O'Sullivans and hopefully the Marc O'Conners of the world, in the forwards or as midfield back ups you have Brendan O'Sullivan and Adrain Spillane who really really impressed me, we need to get the likes of James O'Donoghue and Maher fully fit while also intergrating the likes of the Geaneys etc and minor forwards from 2014/15 into the set up .. the Liam Kearneys and Micheál Burns and Conor Geaneys of this world, Killian Spillane is a fine player but needed better ball in last Sunday…. We have a nice panel but have to be ruthless - sorry but Donaghy, Sheehan, prob Aidan and going on Sundays performance Darran should be released…"
It's hard to argue with that in fairness horse. Although I'd keep star and aid as impact subs and as leaders off the pitch for the young lads coming in.
What I'm liking is the amount of young defenders who have played so well in this years championships the Andrew Barry's Patrick Clifford's Gavin White Tom O'sullivan. And like you say Jason foley these are lads that aren't far off the mark. Then you got Crowley griffen Murphy Morley and o'beaglioch who are all young and established.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12165 - 18/10/2016 14:27:08    1927260

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I can see many changes to last year, Could see Murphy getting a craic at between the posts but the longer the year goes on for the Crokes the smaller the window of opportunity will be for him to join the Senior set up, similar with the U21's and the minors coming through their progress will be hampered in the league by the Minor season and Jacks willingness or unwillingness to accommodate Eamon and release bodies… anyway Murphy will get a crack at goals, Begley will more game time, Foley from Bally should get a shot at full back and Enright is not the "man" for the man marking jobs, Morley has done nothing wrong, by selecting Foley and giving him game time this should release Griffin to a more advanced role and maybe a shot at centre back, being honest I though he deserved an all-star nomination he had a very good year, Tom Spillane and young O'Sé from Dingle - in midfield we need to blood the Barry O'Sullivans and hopefully the Marc O'Conners of the world, in the forwards or as midfield back ups you have Brendan O'Sullivan and Adrain Spillane who really really impressed me, we need to get the likes of James O'Donoghue and Maher fully fit while also intergrating the likes of the Geaneys etc and minor forwards from 2014/15 into the set up .. the Liam Kearneys and Micheál Burns and Conor Geaneys of this world, Killian Spillane is a fine player but needed better ball in last Sunday…. We have a nice panel but have to be ruthless - sorry but Donaghy, Sheehan, prob Aidan and going on Sundays performance Darran should be released…"
Still think Aidan and Donaghy have a part to play Horse, but its good that there is potentially so many young fella's ready to step up into the senior set up if they are given the opportunity.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 18/10/2016 14:45:10    1927266

Link

Did anyone head to the Crokes game last Sunday? They sounded impressive on radio Kerry and you'd expect them that have a good chance off coming out of Munster.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5927 - 02/11/2016 19:32:38    1930998

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Did anyone head to the Crokes game last Sunday? They sounded impressive on radio Kerry and you'd expect them that have a good chance off coming out of Munster."
No and didn't even get to listen to Kerry Radio either, They have been impressive to date and a lot of credit in this regard has to be given to Pat O'Shea in this regard.

They are serious candidates for the All Ireland but this will come against the likes of Shane Murphy and young Whyte to get a senior inter county call up

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 02/11/2016 21:34:31    1931031

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Did anyone head to the Crokes game last Sunday? They sounded impressive on radio Kerry and you'd expect them that have a good chance off coming out of Munster."
No and didn't even get to listen to Kerry Radio either, They have been impressive to date and a lot of credit in this regard has to be given to Pat O'Shea in this regard.

They are serious candidates for the All Ireland but this will come against the likes of Shane Murphy and young Whyte to get a senior inter county call up

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 02/11/2016 21:34:41    1931032

Link