Kerry Forum

Kerry v Laois NFL 2012

(Oldest Posts First)

Should we make sure of the points in this one and guarantee qualification for the Semis or do we experiment with a few more players?

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 21/03/2012 16:45:40    1134245

Link

think we should still go with young lads who have definitely added a pep in the team - the more games they get the better it is for Kerry - how long more is o'donoghue out for? would like to see crowley at centre back and also give casey a go a full forward - we have nothing to lose.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 21/03/2012 16:56:54    1134262

Link

traleeexile is right nothing to lose and even with a younger team should be a kerry win i'd like to see scanlon and buckley midfield and crowley either center back or full back

finuge93 (Kerry) - Posts: 166 - 21/03/2012 19:52:00    1134416

Link

I would give the fringe players a serious run out and rest the seasoned regulars, I'd start Mac an Staoir, Enright, Crowley, McGuire I would Start Tomas and Brosnan as I think they need game time and would persist with O'Mahony at 3. Give Sheehan and Maher a break and start Scanlon and put Buckley with him to gauge how good he actually is. I'd leave Paul as I feel he plays better the more game time he has, rest Darran/Declan, Start Daithi Casey on the forty or corner forward, Put Paddy Curtin at 14 with Barry John in the other corner, and put Callagh on the wing. We've nothing to lose so give them a run, if these players are serious about showing their wares they'll bust a gut and get a result.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 22/03/2012 08:51:31    1134595

Link

From a nuetrals point of view think yous will be too strong for laois no disrespect intended. With that in mind do feel that kerry should field a few different lads to see how they do. Also it will give the bigger named lads a rest an keep them injury free...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 22/03/2012 21:41:28    1135253

Link

From a nuetrals point of view think yous will be too strong for laois no disrespect intended. With that in mind do feel that kerry should field a few different lads to see how they do. Also it will give the bigger named lads a rest an keep them injury free...

Yes Dub1 that is what i was leaning towards in my post above, I'd rest the seasoned campaigners and give the fringe players a serious shot, if they have intentions of forcing their way into Jacks head for selection they should be mad for road and be busting their gut if selected, thats whay I would start them and am convinced they would still get a result.. If we do get a result - we could afford to lose to Mayo in our last game.. that in turn could eleminate Cork or Dublin from a semi final spot - so maybe winning Sunday and lose to Mayo on purpose could be the way to go.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 23/03/2012 08:49:33    1135295

Link

The Kerry team to play Laois on Sunday has been announced:

1. Tomás Mac a t'Saoir(An Ghaeltacht) 2. Shane Enright (Tarbert) 3. Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) 4. Killian Young (Renard)5. Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) 6. Eoin Brosnan (Captain) (Dr. Crokes) 7. Jonathan Lyne (Legion) 8. Seamus Scanlon (Currow) 9. Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's) 10. Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahillys) 11. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 12. Johnny Buckley (Dr. Crokes) 13. Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes) 14. Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) 15. Patrick Curtin (Moyvane)

The Substitutes are:

16. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin) 17. Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) 18. Paul Galvin (Finuge) 19. Anthony Maher (Duagh)

20. Kieran Donaghy(Austin Stacks) 21. Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers) 22. Brian McGuire (Listowel Emmett's) 23. David O'Callaghan (St Pat's Blennerville)

24. Daithí Casey (Dr. Crokes) 25. Michael Geaney (Daingean Uí Chúis) 26. James O'Donoghue (Legion)

Alot of changes and a good few lads getting a chance, good to see.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 23/03/2012 11:47:19    1135422

Link

as expected:

Mac an Staoir, Enright, O'Mahoney, Young, Tomás, Brosnan, J. Lyne, Scanlon, Sheehan, BJ Keane, Darran, Buckley, O'Leary, Declan and Paddy.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 23/03/2012 11:54:13    1135430

Link

what was tomas thinking, and what will he get now considering that any suspension will be doubled, thought that Scanlon unlucky to be taken off buit when you consider Maher's contribution it was easy to see why, think too that Paddy Curtin has moved ahead of O'Donoghue, O'Leary and BJ Keane for the number 15 jersey, It's his to lose now, Come business end at the moment you would have to say its; Paul, Darran, Donaghy, Cooper, Declan and Curtin.

Am I right?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 25/03/2012 21:18:10    1137041

Link

what happened tomas this time ? why was he sent off i know hes a good player but is not the end of him now if crowley or o'mahoney impresses the rest of the the league anyway. I think jack might be running out of patience with him. we cant have players doing that too often its hard enough to win with 15 players. what will he get now games off or months. Still think o'leary might win that corner position yet as he plays well when cooper is there although curtin looks the real deal, and dont forget donacha walsh jack seens to like starting him also.

chicago09 (Kerry) - Posts: 669 - 25/03/2012 21:41:33    1137080

Link

I agree Horse, Curtin is favourite to get the final position. He shows well, is strong on the ball, and is braver than O' Leary who pulled out of one ball in the second half. I didn't see what happened with Tomás from the Terrace, nobody did, just the flash of the red card, but apparently he gave Billy Sheehan a dig in the gut in front of the ref, and if that is true then we can't complain.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 26/03/2012 10:41:47    1137199

Link

A red card is an automatic one game ban and this will be doubled to 2 games as it is a repeat offence. The worst he will get is 3 games I'd imagine. I also thought that Aidan was roasted yesterday, looks like Marc will be full-back for the summer.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 26/03/2012 10:57:14    1137218

Link

I like you C-K-H was in the terrace and have the red forehead to show for it, we rang a friend over in the stand, closed fist to the gut of Sheehan, caught rotten so he can have no complaints, although I'd say Jack gave him a roasting over it. Ya I saw that too about O'Leary, he pulled out of that one in 2nd half, noticed too that he was very slow to pass to Curtin, it was obvious that a few around me commented thats a bit selfish and immature i is a team game remember, and if we can notice it in the terrece Jack also see's it. Yeara all ok being honest in a semi, hopefully a final or better staill a final replay to kill off the games for Tomás, but for 2nd week in a row when big man was fll forward, (Clancy) Brosnan was deployed at full back, the same happened against Donegal when Murphy was inside, I;d say jack will go horses for courses regarding full back.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 26/03/2012 13:54:55    1137388

Link

just shows what you can unearth when you give youth its fling - Curtin in pole position now in my view - still think BJK will also push hard for starting place. Maher has been Kerry's most improved player in last 12 months and has reallly solved huge problem. Any thoughts on Brosnahan going to full back and Crowley to CHB? Disappointing to see Tomas get red again - he should know better at this stage - however it is giving someone else more game time. Jack will be privately happy to date with league experiments and with Cooper and Donnacha Walsh tro come back into the reckoning it can only be good for Kerry - he should continue with this policy next weekend up in Mayo.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 26/03/2012 14:02:07    1137396

Link

traleeexile
County: Kerry

just shows what you can unearth when you give youth its fling - Curtin in pole position now in my view - still think BJK will also push hard for starting place. Maher has been Kerry's most improved player in last 12 months and has reallly solved huge problem. Any thoughts on Brosnahan going to full back and Crowley to CHB? Disappointing to see Tomas get red again - he should know better at this stage - however it is giving someone else more game time. Jack will be privately happy to date with league experiments and with Cooper and Donnacha Walsh tro come back into the reckoning it can only be good for Kerry - he should continue with this policy next weekend up in Mayo.

As Horse pointed out, Brosnan can and has dropped back into that position in the last 2 games, Crowley is too young and inexperienced for centre-back yet but he has the makings of one down the line. The Mayo game is in Tralee Easter Sunday and I would imagine the Cooper will make his 2012 debut then.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 26/03/2012 14:45:20    1137456

Link

Tomás is only out for two games, got a one game ban, which was doubled cos of the 48 week rule, If we make a league final he will be available for selection, under the old rules he would have got a 4 week ban doubled which would rule him out for 8 weeks, this new rules are actually working in his favour.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 27/03/2012 08:46:26    1137905

Link