Louth Forum

Louth V Antrim

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Pay your GAAGO subscription and you can watch it back

We had positives but let a winning lead slip. Mulroys second goal chance was a clear foot block by keeper and we should have got penalty. in Dublin v Roscommon game a foot block was immediately awarded penalty, so hay that's Div 4, that's what you get, but in saying that our first penalty was very soft

With regard to the amount of basic errors I feel this goes back to what happens from 8 year old up. In Louth we are failing on juveniles, and this is a bigger piece of work than the senior squad, hopefully the new CB initiatives and Colin Kelly will yield dividends.

In the GAAs history no Senior county have ever progressed without an underage foundation, so that where it starts.

Anlúabú keep the faith

Dundalk34 (Louth) - Posts: 144 - 18/05/2021 11:48:15    2343029

Link

Replying To Dundalk34:  "Pay your GAAGO subscription and you can watch it back

We had positives but let a winning lead slip. Mulroys second goal chance was a clear foot block by keeper and we should have got penalty. in Dublin v Roscommon game a foot block was immediately awarded penalty, so hay that's Div 4, that's what you get, but in saying that our first penalty was very soft

With regard to the amount of basic errors I feel this goes back to what happens from 8 year old up. In Louth we are failing on juveniles, and this is a bigger piece of work than the senior squad, hopefully the new CB initiatives and Colin Kelly will yield dividends.

In the GAAs history no Senior county have ever progressed without an underage foundation, so that where it starts.

Anlúabú keep the faith"
Just watch it. Don't listen to the Antrim PRO.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1499 - 19/05/2021 00:02:08    2343253

Link

Replying To Dundalk34:  "Pay your GAAGO subscription and you can watch it back

Anlúabú keep the faith"
The penalty in the Dublin Roscommon game was the incorrect decision and Sam's chance was similar if I remember correctly. Essentially a foot block occurs when a foot is used to block a kick as the kickers foot is still in contact with the ball. Regardless, it should have been squared across. Hard to be critical of Sam as he was on fire at the time but you can bet that the Dubs would have sqaured it across.

breakingball22 (Louth) - Posts: 413 - 19/05/2021 10:07:07    2343285

Link

Replying To breakingball22:  "The penalty in the Dublin Roscommon game was the incorrect decision and Sam's chance was similar if I remember correctly. Essentially a foot block occurs when a foot is used to block a kick as the kickers foot is still in contact with the ball. Regardless, it should have been squared across. Hard to be critical of Sam as he was on fire at the time but you can bet that the Dubs would have sqaured it across."
I thought it was the distance between the foot shooting and the foot blocking. In the Dublin case there was a socially distant boot blocking LOL so maybe no penalty, but in Sams case the foot blocking was very close to shooting foot, definite penalty, and with new rules goalkeeper should also get a black card for illegally stopping a goal scoring chance

Dundalk34 (Louth) - Posts: 144 - 20/05/2021 14:37:22    2343663

Link

Replying To Dundalk34:  "I thought it was the distance between the foot shooting and the foot blocking. In the Dublin case there was a socially distant boot blocking LOL so maybe no penalty, but in Sams case the foot blocking was very close to shooting foot, definite penalty, and with new rules goalkeeper should also get a black card for illegally stopping a goal scoring chance"
To be fair, I would need to see Sam's effort again. My unphotographic memory remembers some social distance between the boot and ball when it is struck. But I could be wrong. Regardless, the penalty we got was a nothing incident and (being very hyper-critical) Sam HAS to square that ball. Only my opinion.

breakingball22 (Louth) - Posts: 413 - 20/05/2021 14:55:45    2343672

Link