Westmeath Forum

Westmeath Hurlers 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hard to disagree with that team. Darragh Egerton was superb today, think Darragh Clinton and Niall Mitchell might make bigger impact off the bench rather than starting. Carlow in good form too and Laois improving, lot to play for yet.

Claretandblue (Westmeath) - Posts: 240 - 13/06/2021 23:20:11    2350575

Link

Won't be far off but I can't see Williams starting given the amount of playing time he has seen in the league and for reasons only known to management they have stuck with Mitchell through a few poor performances and I feel they will stick with him v Carlow. Thought Clinton was hard done by today to be pulled so early after his performance last week but O'Brien has a habit of that as he did the exact same with Coll the previous week and Jack Galvin v Galway. Thought Darragh Egerton was excellent for us while on today and from a Limerick perspective Quaids pinpoint puck outs were a joy to watch. Time to focus on Carlow ……

puglerdaly (Westmeath) - Posts: 86 - 14/06/2021 00:14:03    2350594

Link

Replying To puglerdaly:  "Won't be far off but I can't see Williams starting given the amount of playing time he has seen in the league and for reasons only known to management they have stuck with Mitchell through a few poor performances and I feel they will stick with him v Carlow. Thought Clinton was hard done by today to be pulled so early after his performance last week but O'Brien has a habit of that as he did the exact same with Coll the previous week and Jack Galvin v Galway. Thought Darragh Egerton was excellent for us while on today and from a Limerick perspective Quaids pinpoint puck outs were a joy to watch. Time to focus on Carlow ……"
I think the back six will be what started yesterday. Killian Doyle good and all he is is still lacking in championship fitness. Clinton is the same better off the bench for twenty minutes. Williams is a great young player but for me is too young to start against a battle hardened outfit like Carlow.

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 922 - 14/06/2021 10:38:39    2350666

Link

Not a bad performance at the weekend vs Limerick. I wonder will the county players be released for the league games at the weekend. May be good for them to get a club game in? Carlow 2 weeks away so probably doubtful and Williams, Doyle and Robbie Greville all still injured.

soreknee (Westmeath) - Posts: 140 - 16/06/2021 09:54:37    2351355

Link